Warning about Palace Resorts!

Sorry to hear about such a bad experience with the resorts out here. I have not heard many stories like this and hope you get the matter resolved shortly in your favor!

As for the non-response and lack of action... that usually means a sign of guilt or they are ignoring you... but here in Mexico it is just par for the course. Getting everything done here takes a lot of time! I won a court case for $8000 usd on illegal taxes I paid for my condo to the Government. That was Nov 2009... the cheque was sent and then rejected and now in limbo. I believe everybody is telling me the truth... but after 2 year of living like this... I have grown patient to the length of time things take.

Best of luck and hopefully it will be resolved soon!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no....that is scary...I am getting married in April 2011 at the Moon Palace and am nervous about the reimbursements for the 'complimentary room nights' and 'free private functions'. Were you able to get your private functions for free at least?  Has anyone else out there had difficulties with any palace resorts??  Keep us posted on how things turn out, good luck to you!

The complimentary room nights were not complimentary, as we were never reimbursed. They won't even acknowledge us.  The "free private functions" turned out not to be free, as they overcharged us for the wedding package, so essentially that discount was void. 

Now that a few weeks has gone by, unfortunately my guests are letting me know about some things they experienced (they probably were protecting me before since it was my wedding, but now that they know there are other problems, its coming out)

My mother in law had an incorrect charge on her credit card. She disputed it upon check out, and was told they would credit her back.  She never received the credit back.

The front desk supervisor Magdelena made one of my guests cry because she was so rude when my friend was trying to ask about a credit she didn't receive for a room night.  She continued to be rude and horrible even after my friend was crying.

My other friend tried to cancel a massage and they wouldn't let him.  They told him "You don't understand the politics involved here"   (I'm guessing it is in reference to the different parts of the resort fighting each other for vacation dollars).  The vacation dollars is a WEIRD promotion. You will get pressure to upgrade your room when you're at the front desk, you'll get pressure for the spa and tours while at that desk, etc. even a girl that walks around with a monkey and iguana and takes pictures of you with them, she gets upset with you if you don't let your picture get taken with them because that means she might not get the vacation dollars for the picture.

Ugh. The saga continues.  Wednesday Sept 29th is our deadline to the Palace Resorts until legal action is taken. 

Have you tried to reach them trough your wedding coordinator at the hotel. Maybe she can assist you pushing them. Because if you had a wonderful wedding as you say, there you should't have this kind of issues, maybe there was a misunderstanding that needs to be fixed. I mean that the best idea to push them is contacting the person from the sales department that made your contract.

I have my wedding booked at a Palace Resort and I'm also very curious about how this was resolved.

Originally Posted by Pazzesca View Post

Can you fill us in on exactly what happened?

Did you just wake up and found the money there?  Did you ever get a response of some kind from the resort appologizing and refunding you the money?  Do you think they responded to the letter?

I agree with them. I wanted to know what happened with this issue!! Yesterday you posted you were going to take legal action and today you only said "The matter is resolved, The credit went back to our credit card and we sorted out the final bill confusion.  Just wanted to update everyone". That is really weird for me!!!! I got confused!!! Was there any explanation from the Company??

• 3 weeks later...

It really upsets me that this bride didn't give further explanation about the resolution. We're getting married at Moon Palace in April and can't wait for our trip. There are problems everywhere and I think the only way that this thread can be helpful is if the bride explains how it was resolved.

Don't let one bad bridal experience get you too worked up.  One thing I learned from her experience is to be very persistent and don't let them get away with it.  It's obvious the certified letter worked and she got her refund.  Her deadline was Sept 29 and her issued was resolved before that.