Puerto Viejo-November Wedding

kicou

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board.  My fiance and I are planning of getting married in Puerto Viejo, in the playa cocles area to be more precise.  I chose this area because its less common and reminds me of provinces back home.  

Accommodation:

Our guests count will be around 50, and the hotel at a reasonable rate that can accommodate us is La Costa De Papito.  We have been in touch with them, Eddie is super helpful. 

Ceremony:

We know that it's rainy season, unfortunately.  What does does the rain usually fall?  What would be the best time to do the ceremony on the beach.  I like the playa chiquita area for our ceremony but I think it will be hard to move our guests back and forth.  By the way how far apart are playa chiquita and playa cocles?  We can't find nice pictures of what Playa cocles looks like.

Reception:

We are in touch with Loca Natural (recommended by Jennifer-from this forum) and La Costa de Papito for our reception.  Anyone has been to these places and has any feedbacks?

Photography:

We haven't decided yet, we took informations from: Comfort Studio, Ale Sura, BipDrop, CRW Photography Studio/El Velo.  Do you have other suggestions of photographers who are willing to travel to Puerto Viejo?

Thank you in advance

Kicou =)

Kicou,

Check out Azania Bungalows and Cariblue as well, they have reasonable rates.

It is the rainy season for the most of the country but Puerto Viejo (and Limon) get little rain during this time(Oct -middle of Nov). What may happen is a 5-10min rain shower and it is over.

Cocles to Chiquita (10km). The path is tricky, might be hard on some elderly folks and parents with kids. Some friends of ours recently got mugged there unfortunately (a month ago). Better if you look at Punta Uva or Cocles itself across the street from Azania where there are soem Almendro tress for shade.

You will have no sunset (only sunrise) so light goes quick. Be walking down the aisle by 4pm so it does not get dark. We have had some very nice receptions at Amimodo and la Pecora Nera.

It has been a while since our last wedding out there. Most planners have moved their weddings to Cahuita (La Diosa - they are so helpful there and it is really safe). We will fish out some past weddings and post them for you to see.

Thank you ask.costarica for the infos.

We had looked into Amimodo, didn't continue looking into it because we wanted local cuisine only.  We are going to take a look at Azinia bungalows, it's the first we've heard of it.  And Cariblue no longer does group rates, they were one of the first hotels we contacted.

Oh wow 4pm is early.  At what time does the sun go down in November in PV?

kicou,

What about Maxi's in Manzanillo? Ricardo would probably close his restaurant to have your reception. Nice because it plenty of breeze since it is high up. rice'n'beans with fish, chicken, shrimp + patacones and some good scotch bonnet hot sauce!

Did you check Villas del Caribe? beachfront, nice. You could even have the ceremony right there and then head to Maxi's.

Sun sets behind the mountains around 4:15 so the light starts to go quick. Nice light from 4:30 to 5pm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Ask.CostaRica,

You seem well versed in all that is Costa Rica!

Could you recommend a pretty beach in/near Cahuita? My fiance are traveling to Samasati Nature Resort in a couple of weeks (mid December) for an elopement/honeymoon. We are wanting to do our own exchange of vows, just the 2 of us, on a pretty beach. The only thing is, we are not familiar with the area at all! From what I've read, Puerto Viejo and Cahuita are pretty low key (which is GREAT!), and seem to be exactly what we are looking for. The only information I've been able to find online is for venues and resorts for larger weddings. For ours, we will just have the 2 of us present...

I'd appreciate any suggestions of pretty and safe beaches in that area. Thank you!!

• 4 years later...