Photo

Riu Guanacaste

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sallee

Sallee
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:37 AM

Has anyone used the Riu for their destination wedding?

We are looking at this resort and would love to here any reviews or see some pictures of your special day ......

#2 Ask.CostaRica

Ask.CostaRica
    • 223 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:01 AM

Hello Sallee,

We have had a couple of weddings at the Riu (I will post them for you later). We want to give you an FYI about the place.

- Outisde photographers pay a $100 fee (day pass) to get in (and are not allowed to use a bathroom of have a drink of water).

- Their staff photographer apparently has limited flash cards, so, while Rome is burning (the sun is setting) the photographer runs off to download on his computer (we saw this being hired only for video on one occasion)

- Make sure you don't set in stone your ceremony location. One of our clients did and ended up next to some construction (not very nice) and hotel was not willing to move. Very awkward situation.

We refuse to return to this place. It kind of takes away the warm and fuzzy of the whole experience (for the client and for us).

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...........

#3 Sallee

Sallee
      • 255 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ask.CostaRica 

Hello Sallee,

We have had a couple of weddings at the Riu (I will post them for you later). We want to give you an FYI about the place.

- Outisde photographers pay a $100 fee (day pass) to get in (and are not allowed to use a bathroom of have a drink of water).

- Their staff photographer apparently has limited flash cards, so, while Rome is burning (the sun is setting) the photographer runs off to download on his computer (we saw this being hired only for video on one occasion)

- Make sure you don't set in stone your ceremony location. One of our clients did and ended up next to some construction (not very nice) and hotel was not willing to move. Very awkward situation.

We refuse to return to this place. It kind of takes away the warm and fuzzy of the whole experience (for the client and for us).

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth...........

Thank you for giving such an honest response....

I was wondering why nobody seemed to have used this resort. I was also concerned as we would need to liase directly with the hotel and not through a UK travel agent..... needed some reassurance that if I decided to use the RIU that I would be able to get quick responses and be confident that we would have an unforgettable day for the right reasons.

If you could post the pics etc that would be great but I think we will be looking elsewhere.......

#4 Sallee

Sallee
        • 255 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:29 PM

Hi Ask Costa Rica

Could you possibly post the pics you have for weddings at this resort

Many Thanks

#5 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
          • 509 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 03:07 PM

My sister went there for her honeymoon and absolutely loved it.

#6 Sallee

Sallee
            • 255 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave 

My sister went there for her honeymoon and absolutely loved it.

there have been mixed reviews and i havent found any reviews for weddings but it is where we want to get married so we have decided to go for it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users