Sign in to follow this  
meldal101010

~~~Mel's Planning Thread~~~

hi! i have a question about the maracas you got. i remember reading someone elses thread about their wedding - they had these maracas shipped to them and then they packed them to take with to the hotel and they had mentioned a strong paint odour and that the paint on these maracas chipped easily. did you have either of those issues?

also, what do you suggest for traveling with them - what's the best way to pack them to minimize damage etc?

thx!!

Originally Posted by meldal101010 View Post

My maracas from Amols. I have to say I love them. The tag attached says "Shake for a kiss" & I got the idea, of course, from a fellow BDWer. Amols was awesome, I emailed them telling them I only needed pink & orange for my wedding & that's what i got.

IMG_9346.JPG

I didn't find the maracas had a strong paint odor. They shipped to Mexico easily. My advice is pack a couple extra. I had one maraca fall apart (the handle came out) The paint does chip easily but i packed them in bubble wrap & it seemed to work. Everyone loved them!!

Originally Posted by arkae View Post

hi! i have a question about the maracas you got. i remember reading someone elses thread about their wedding - they had these maracas shipped to them and then they packed them to take with to the hotel and they had mentioned a strong paint odour and that the paint on these maracas chipped easily. did you have either of those issues?

also, what do you suggest for traveling with them - what's the best way to pack them to minimize damage etc?

thx!!

I got 40 maracas & had to pay $30 in shipping. It's worth it though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwhite View Post

Hello,

i was looking at those maracas as well but wasn't sure about the shipping cost. how much did you pay to ship to Canada?

thanks