Photo

~~~Mel's Planning Thread~~~

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 meldal101010

meldal101010
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I realize i am alittle early in writing up my planning thread, but i'm going to be crazy busy from now up until the day we leave for Cancun, so I figured i'd squeeze it in here. Firstly, I'd like to thank all of my fellow BDWers for all the help & inspiration it took to make everything come together. I wouldn't have come up with any of these ideas without all of you guys :)

My FI & I have been together for 7 years & have two wonderful little kids together. Hailey is 4 & Raiden is 2. We got engaged 2 years ago on a trip to Kelowna, British Columbia. It was a beautiful setting...sunset overlooking the mountains. He got down on one knee & asked. I of course, said "yes!" So we leave in 21 days!!!!!

This is right before he asked...

IMG_3151.JPG

We chose Dreams Cancun to hold the wedding because of the beautiful location of the gazebo. This is a pic of the old gazebo, but the view is awesome.

gazebo.jpg

My engagement & wedding band. FI's isn't in yet...

IMG_9360.JPG

My Dress...Paloma Blanca

BBPBLAN4006L.jpg

BM Dresses...I chose these because they are so casual & can be worn in so many different ways.(Elan Convertible)

a20792a12840cac4c650da_m.jpg

Flip Flops for BMs from Aldo. The bottom of them are black not that nude color. My shoes are the same but fuschia...I'm not a heels girl lol

26_santillana_96_6.jpg

My garter belt... FI & I are big Flames fans :)

hoc_flames_lg.jpg

A friend of mine makes wedding cakes professionally & is doing our cake topper. This is the inspiration & the jersey & beer will remain the same but hopefully the people will look alittle more like us.

2799683670100162340vCCFlO_ph.jpg

My DIY invites

IMG_9034-1.jpg

My BM tanks for the stagette we will be having in Cancun...I ordered them from IMG_9299.JPG

My favor mugs from Discount Mugs...didn't really have the best experience with them but am pleased with the mugs

IMG_9337.JPG

My OOT Bags

IMG_9331.JPG

Another shot of the bags so you can see the actual bag better. What a steal $2 at Dollarama & they are perfect for a beach bag!!

IMG_9339.JPG

My maracas from Amols. I have to say I love them. The tag attached says "Shake for a kiss" & I got the idea, of course, from a fellow BDWer. Amols was awesome, I emailed them telling them I only needed pink & orange for my wedding & that's what i got.

IMG_9346.JPG

My fans for the ceremony. I bought the Ivory Silk Fans from Michaels & wrapped fuschia ribbon around them with a little heart charm that says "Love"

IMG_9347.JPG

My placecards

IMG_9355.JPG

OOps...almost forgot my hair inspiration...Love this :)

nicole.jpeg.jpg

The FI & Groomsmen outfit is bought but i don't have pics of it...just white short sleeve, button down shirts & biege pants with Quiksilver sandals...the basic ensemble...

I also still have to get a few more things, centerpeices etc...but this is the majority of it. I can't believe my time is so close!!!!!!!!!Woot-Woot!

#2 Jolene512

Jolene512
    • 56 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for sharing! Love the bad ass bridesmaid and the cake topper! I say your not too early with your planning thread.. I've started mine & I'm not getting married until 2012! lol Congrats & I can't wait to see your pics from Mexico. Great job on the OOT bags! Nice to see what is avail. in Canada ( I'm terrified of going into Michael's w/o supervision or a plan  LOL)

#3 mimi73

mimi73
      • 282 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

Nice job! Love, Love, LOVE the hair inspiration! Congratulation and I wish you all the best for your wedding day 

Looking forward to hearing all about it! Have fun!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#4 Sjnovot

Sjnovot
        • 154 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

wonderful!  love it all

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

looks great thanks for sharing

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 Cindy*

Cindy*
            • 2,655 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:02 AM

Everything looks great, I especially love your dress, the maracas and your cake topper.  Do you mind sharing the name/info of the person doing your cake topper.  Is she on esty?

#7 skadow

skadow
              • Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:23 AM

Everything looks great! Thanks so much for posting. I love your dress. I cant wait to see the pictures!

#8 taylorwd

taylorwd
                • 932 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

I can't wait to see how everything turns out!  Great job!!  I love your dress and the location of your wedding is going to be gorgeous!!!

#9 KRama

KRama
                  • 421 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

Everything looks fantastic Mel! And I absolutely love your dress!

And of course... GO FLAMES GO!

#10 MysTea

MysTea
                    • 559 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

I love it all! Fantastic!

**Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users