~~~Mel's Planning Thread~~~

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 meldal101010

• 444 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

I realize i am alittle early in writing up my planning thread, but i'm going to be crazy busy from now up until the day we leave for Cancun, so I figured i'd squeeze it in here. Firstly, I'd like to thank all of my fellow BDWers for all the help & inspiration it took to make everything come together. I wouldn't have come up with any of these ideas without all of you guys :)

My FI & I have been together for 7 years & have two wonderful little kids together. Hailey is 4 & Raiden is 2. We got engaged 2 years ago on a trip to Kelowna, British Columbia. It was a beautiful setting...sunset overlooking the mountains. He got down on one knee & asked. I of course, said "yes!" So we leave in 21 days!!!!!

This is right before he asked...

We chose Dreams Cancun to hold the wedding because of the beautiful location of the gazebo. This is a pic of the old gazebo, but the view is awesome.

My engagement & wedding band. FI's isn't in yet...

My Dress...Paloma Blanca

BM Dresses...I chose these because they are so casual & can be worn in so many different ways.(Elan Convertible)

Flip Flops for BMs from Aldo. The bottom of them are black not that nude color. My shoes are the same but fuschia...I'm not a heels girl lol

My garter belt... FI & I are big Flames fans :)

A friend of mine makes wedding cakes professionally & is doing our cake topper. This is the inspiration & the jersey & beer will remain the same but hopefully the people will look alittle more like us.

My DIY invites

My BM tanks for the stagette we will be having in Cancun...I ordered them from IMG_9299.JPG

My favor mugs from Discount Mugs...didn't really have the best experience with them but am pleased with the mugs

My OOT Bags

Another shot of the bags so you can see the actual bag better. What a steal $2 at Dollarama & they are perfect for a beach bag!!

My maracas from Amols. I have to say I love them. The tag attached says "Shake for a kiss" & I got the idea, of course, from a fellow BDWer. Amols was awesome, I emailed them telling them I only needed pink & orange for my wedding & that's what i got.

My fans for the ceremony. I bought the Ivory Silk Fans from Michaels & wrapped fuschia ribbon around them with a little heart charm that says "Love"

My placecards

OOps...almost forgot my hair inspiration...Love this :)

The FI & Groomsmen outfit is bought but i don't have pics of it...just white short sleeve, button down shirts & biege pants with Quiksilver sandals...the basic ensemble...

I also still have to get a few more things, centerpeices etc...but this is the majority of it. I can't believe my time is so close!!!!!!!!!Woot-Woot!

#2 Jolene512

• 56 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:25 AM

Thanks for sharing! Love the bad ass bridesmaid and the cake topper! I say your not too early with your planning thread.. I've started mine & I'm not getting married until 2012! lol Congrats & I can't wait to see your pics from Mexico. Great job on the OOT bags! Nice to see what is avail. in Canada ( I'm terrified of going into Michael's w/o supervision or a plan  LOL)

#3 mimi73

• 282 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

Nice job! Love, Love, LOVE the hair inspiration! Congratulation and I wish you all the best for your wedding day 

Looking forward to hearing all about it! Have fun!!

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#4 Sjnovot

• 154 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

wonderful!  love it all

#5 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:23 AM

looks great thanks for sharing

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 Cindy*

• 2,655 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:02 AM

Everything looks great, I especially love your dress, the maracas and your cake topper.  Do you mind sharing the name/info of the person doing your cake topper.  Is she on esty?

#7 skadow

• Banned
              • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:23 AM

Everything looks great! Thanks so much for posting. I love your dress. I cant wait to see the pictures!

#8 taylorwd

• 932 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

I can't wait to see how everything turns out!  Great job!!  I love your dress and the location of your wedding is going to be gorgeous!!!

#9 KRama

• 421 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

Everything looks fantastic Mel! And I absolutely love your dress!

And of course... GO FLAMES GO!

#10 MysTea

• 559 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

I love it all! Fantastic!

**Dreams Palm Beach HERE WE COME!!! 11.01.2010**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users