Turks and Caicos Bride

kimterrance

Hello Kendra! Glad you found this. I can't wait to hear your feedback! It has been so helpful for me!

I wanted to do the steel pan player for the ceremony also, but wasn't sure how it would sound? Did they give you an example? The Calypso band... I wanted that too, but wasn't sure if it would get the guests up & dancing? Did they give you any info on this? I did not get any details on these?

Thanks undecided.gif

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kim-

We just booked them both. We wanted an Island feel, so we went with it... I am sure they will be great.  One thing we changed was the reception. We decided to not book the DJ and bring our Ipod playlist with Portable speakers. We found a great one and the sound is amazing.. We are also giving mini rum bottles as favors since everyone will be partying.  We didnt think the traditional type of favors would make it back to there rooms. LOL...

I also went with some ala carte items... We didnt pick a theme package. I bought a bouquet from one package, the frame from another package, went with the beautiful beginnings package for the tables.  We have 39 people total now.  How many will you have at your wedding?

The weather isnt looking great come Friday, but it should clear next Thursday, April 7th.  We are getting married on Friday, April 8th.  We moved the date to a Friday so our guests could enjoy there weekend on the Island :)  I hope this helps.  Feel free to ask any questions.  We will be back on 4/18.

Kendra

• 2 weeks later...

HI Ladies-

Turks was amazing... Stacey Ann was our coordinator and we LOVED her... The steel pan player was great. We heard alot of great feedback on the Calypso band.  They played during the cocktail hour, but we missed most of it taking pictures.  The photos came out great.  We bought the 200 images on disk for $2000 and I am glad we did that.  I just loaded them onto Kodak.com myself and have shared them with all my guests. They are ordering.

We had a Welcome Cocktail party and it was amazing.  We had the jacuzzi location that they blocked off for us that overlooked the ocean.  The appetizers they provided got excellent reviews from everyone.... 

We had everyone go to Marios for the rehearsal dinner.  That worked out!

I would highly recommend going to Kimonos for dinner ( they require a reservation, so make one when you get there and ask for the singing chef Nigel... Tell them you are getting married and they will make it happen)!!!!!

The couples massage and candlelight dinner are WORTH adding onto your package. We did this our lastnight there and it was perfect! 

I would HIGHLY recommend bringing OFF for Mosquitos and sand fleas... Trust me people were bit.. They sell it at their stores but its more money.  I put aloe care in every welcome bag and it came in handy..... I hope this helps.. I am so excited for all of you :)  Kendra

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Congrats on your marriage!! I am getting married in Turks & Caicos on October 21st. We are staying at Villa Del Mar. Can you reccomend anyone for hair and make up?  Any help you can lend would be great! Thanks!

Originally Posted by nsblum View Post

Hi Kim, I had my wedding in Provo this past June. Everyone is still raving! You will have an amazing time, let me know if you have any questions since I've been there and done it! It goes so fast, so enjoy! There is a girl Meagan on here who got married at Beaches in May I think, and she is very knowledgeable. Try to search around for her. Good luck!

• 2 months later...