One&Only Ocean Club - any past or future brides with feedback? Just started planning - would be grateful for any tips/info!

easybreezy

We are looking to be married in the Bahamas in October/November of 2011.

My fiance proposed to me in Nassau just this past summer - so it seems appropriate we make it official back there!

I have just started researching and planning, and I am in love with the One&Only Ocean Club. I have contacted the resort directly and received some key info (It's a bit pricey), but I am quite interested to see what others have to say.

Also, if you are to have your ceremony/reception there, you are required to hire a local wedding planner that would work with the wedding coordinator at the resort - does anyone have any recommendations for a wedding planner/planning service in the area?

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.  I'm considering O&O for my ceremony/reception.  I've been working w/ a sales person at O&O who has been great!  You actually do not need a WC unless you really want one.  There is an on-site person who will help but if you want someone to do all the research for you then yes, you'll need a WC.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks for the info!

I actually contacted a sales rep at O&O, myself, and was advised of same... no need to hire a WC.

I've written her back with a few questions, and am just awaiting a reply.

Have you booked your date yet?

I am curious to know how the time restraints work, as they state that all music and entertainment must end at 10:30 p.m. - does that mean the party/wedding ends there?

This venue just seems to be the most beautiful in my opinion - my only issue at this point is  budget.... I don't want to go overboard.

Please keep me posted as to your plans. I am very curious!!

Good luck, and all the best!

Unfortunately, I think the party does end around 10:30 if you're in a public space. 

I haven't booked yet, but have identified two dates -- one in May and one in June.  I just need to make a final decision and book.  O&O is not cheap so it's important to go through all of the additional fees and contact all of the vendors to make sure everything can be accomplished w/in budget. 

Hope you're having good luck with your planning.  Let me know if you have questions!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

hey girls, we just booked our wedding at O&O and I couldn't be happier! Here are a few of their requirements: during Low Season (not sure the exact times, but we're getting married Dec 3 2011 and that qualified) you have to book 30 nights worth of rooms to have your reception at the Versailles Gardens. We were nervous about this because the rooms are about $500/nite. Our friends have really rallied and we've got about 25 rooms already spoken for. For the dinner, the require a $250 per person food and alcohol minimum. My finacee is insisting on a 4 hour open premium bar which will run us about $72 per person so that meant we only had to spend $170 on food which included our cocktail hour hor d'vourves. It sounds pricey, but seeing as we are from Manhattan and have a ton of friend and family, we're totally making our like bandits by having our wedding their. PLUS, the O&O is incredible. It's small enough to provide emaculant service (every room gets a Butler!) while still providing incredible service. I've been working directly with the events manager on my wedding and while we have a WC on site, I find Jessi to be much more helpful in terms of getting what I want done. She's even thrown in so many discounts and extras! Hope this review helps any brides tittering on the decision whether to have their wedding her!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi - I'm thinking of having my wedding at O&O.  It's really pricey but the gardens are like no other. 

Did you have an after party?  One my friends that got married in Mexico and they rented a huge suite and told their guests there would be an after party and the hotel catered it with snacks and alcohol.  I was wondering if that's something O&O does.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi There,

I am getting married at O&O in October 2012 and have been able to take advantage of their low season rates for rooms and food.  In order to have your wedding go past 10:30 PM you must reserve the two Garden Cottages by the pool.  Fortunately, we were able to do so, so our reception will go until midnight and then we can have an after party in our cottage until 3 AM.  

• 2 months later...

Dear Casaundra!

Congratulations on your wedding! I am sure it was amazing! And hope you are enjoying your honeymoon!

My fiance and I would like to book the O&O for 2013, but are not able to find contact information. Would you mind sending information on who you worked with there? Is it under new management? Do you have any other tips and suggestions to make it more affordable, fun, etc? I appreciate the tip to rent the poolside huts to make party last longer. Was the weather a problem at all in October?

I really appreciate your help!

Best,

Sne

raisonis@gmail.com