Sign in to follow this  
Rie2010

I bought my dress without trying it on and I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER!!!

First, I want to say - that is AWESOME! Your dress is amazing and the fact that you like it more than you could have imagined gives me hope that my dress is out there!!! (I tried on around 60 so far with no luck) Second off - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That bridesmaid dress is EXACTLY what I have in mind for my girls to wear if it will match the dress I choose. I LOVE IT. If all goes well, my girls will be wearing that dress too, it is PERFECT. Thanks for sharing!

That is AWESOME! I'm so happy for people when they take a chance on a dress that they absolutely love - in my experience as a bridal shop owner, if a girl knows the dress she wants but isn't able to see it, tries on a bunch of other dresses and doesn't like them, and decides to go ahead and order hers sight unseen, it works out 100% of the time. I have literally never had a girl do this who didn't absolutely love the dress once it came in.

Originally Posted by jaimeLe318 View Post

First, I want to say - that is AWESOME! Your dress is amazing and the fact that you like it more than you could have imagined gives me hope that my dress is out there!!! (I tried on around 60 so far with no luck) Second off - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That bridesmaid dress is EXACTLY what I have in mind for my girls to wear if it will match the dress I choose. I LOVE IT. If all goes well, my girls will be wearing that dress too, it is PERFECT. Thanks for sharing!

I am so glad I could help JaimeLe318!!! The funny thing is that as much as I loved this dress I almost didn't choose it at first b/c when it first featured on the Bari Jay website it didn't come in the color that I wanted.  Fortunately, this season they debuted their Hot Pink chiffon and I just couldn't see my ladies in anything else. Good luck dress shopping and make sure to let everyone know how things turns out.

Originally Posted by islandbrideshop View Post

That is AWESOME! I'm so happy for people when they take a chance on a dress that they absolutely love - in my experience as a bridal shop owner, if a girl knows the dress she wants but isn't able to see it, tries on a bunch of other dresses and doesn't like them, and decides to go ahead and order hers sight unseen, it works out 100% of the time. I have literally never had a girl do this who didn't absolutely love the dress once it came in.

islandbrideshop thank you so much for that because my friends and family really were trying to convince me that I was CRAZY.  I really wanted to avoid the whold dress shopping experience all together considering I am so picky.  I would have been that bride who tried on 100+ dresses and none would have compared to the one that I wanted.  I am really glad that things turned out the way they did though.

smile29.gif

I have to give it up to ya, you are much more braver than I ever could be for buying a dress without trying it on first....but in the end I'm soo happy for you that you loved the dress....and it is absolutely beautiful!!  I also love the bridesmade dresses as well. 

Originally Posted by mistibuard View Post

Wow that's amazing!! I love the bridesmaid dress! Where did you get those from??

Thanks so much mistibuard.  Luckily, I was able to order my bridesmaids dresses from the same boutique that I ordered my wedding dress as they happened to be a local Bari Jay retailer. The bridesmaids dress is designed by Bari Jay and the style# is 102.

Happy Planning!!!