Jump to content

Photo

Wedding Website Registry Question


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 aaost7

aaost7
  • Newbie
  • 24 posts

    Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:28 PM

    I have a question...I am almost finished with our wedding website and I am sending our STD's out next week,  Im not sure about the registry area. We plan on registering in a few months but our wedding isnt until July 16, 2011. What should I write on the registy area on our website?

     

    Thanks everyone!!!



    #2 Raazzy5711

    Raazzy5711
    • Jr. Member
    • 217 posts

      Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:58 PM

      I had that section blank and then when I registered I just put the information on there.  In my welcome page I informed my guests to consistently check back as we will be making updates here.  Hope this helps!



      #3 Islandgirl910

      Islandgirl910
      • Member
      • 594 posts

        Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:54 AM



        Good idea Raazzy5711.

        Originally Posted by Raazzy5711 

        I had that section blank and then when I registered I just put the information on there.  In my welcome page I informed my guests to consistently check back as we will be making updates here.  Hope this helps!





        #4 sxcT

        sxcT
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,282 posts

          Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:00 PM

          I am doing the same thing.  Once we register I will add that page back to the site.
           

          Originally Posted by Raazzy5711 

          I had that section blank and then when I registered I just put the information on there.  In my welcome page I informed my guests to consistently check back as we will be making updates here.  Hope this helps!





          #5 karyan

          karyan
          • Jr. Member
          • 184 posts

            Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:12 AM

            That's the best way to go, maybe send an update to people once you do have the info up.



            #6 MsClarke724

            MsClarke724
            • Jr. Member
            • 244 posts

              Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

              Is anyone putting a disclaimer on this portion of their website?  like - we don't expect gifts if you're traveling to our wedding?



              #7 karyan

              karyan
              • Jr. Member
              • 184 posts

                Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:01 PM


                I have put that disclaimer on our registry page of the website because we haven't set up the registry yet, and as people are just looking for info at this point and not booking, I don't want them to think they have to give to that AND book a DW.

                Originally Posted by MsClarke724 

                Is anyone putting a disclaimer on this portion of their website?  like - we don't expect gifts if you're traveling to our wedding?





                #8 LauraMinn

                LauraMinn
                • Newbie
                • 29 posts

                  Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

                  I'd like to put a similar disclaimer on my page.  How are you phrasing the disclaimer?  I'm thinking of something along these lines: "Your presence at our wedding would be the best gift."  and then just having the registry links below that.  Anyone have suggestions?

                   

                  Also, if you could say what website services you're using, I could use recommendations!

                   

                  Thanks!



                  #9 lesley_mexico_bride

                  lesley_mexico_bride
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 230 posts

                    Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:00 PM

                    We are sending out this invitation
                    In hope you will join a celebration
                    But if a gift is your intention
                    May we take this opportunity to mention
                    We have already got a kettle and toaster
                    crockery, dinner mats, and matching coasters
                    so rather than something we have already got
                    We would appreciate money for our honeymoon pot
                    But most importantly we request
                    That you come to our wedding as our guest!! :)

                     

                    We have set up a registry at XXXXX. On here you can make donations toward different aspects of our honeymoon such as a couple's massage or a  romantic dinner. We also hand picked four charities in the Puerto Vallarta area that focus on issues that are close to our hearts that we would love to make donations to in your name if you choose to do so. Your presence at our wedding is a huge gift to us but if you insist please feel free to check out our website. Thanks so much!!

                     

                    This is what I put on my website......sorry I took off my registry website



                    #10 DeAngelis2be

                    DeAngelis2be
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 349 posts

                      Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:38 PM


                      That sounds perfect...I'm going to do the same. : )
                       

                      Originally Posted by LauraMinn 

                      I'd like to put a similar disclaimer on my page.  How are you phrasing the disclaimer?  I'm thinking of something along these lines: "Your presence at our wedding would be the best gift."  and then just having the registry links below that.  Anyone have suggestions?

                       

                      Also, if you could say what website services you're using, I could use recommendations!

                       

                      Thanks!








                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users