Photo

Real Touch Regrets?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#11 katierenae

katierenae
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 03:03 AM

This thread answered so many questions I had...thanks girls!!

#12 niajs

niajs
    • 214 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

So glad I found this thread. I am not particularly into flowers and would only be using a florist for the centrepieces and buttonholes as the church provides flowers and I'm planning on using centrepieces with sand and shells etc. I'd chosen a florist when I was last in Australia but I've recently emailed and they appear to no longer be in business! Before I found BDW I would never have considered silk flowers but I've seen some pics which look great. Future SIL is a florist and she's made some lovely silk arrangements before, so I'm planning on asking her opinion.

By the way, what's a shadow box?

#13 sxcT

sxcT
      • 1,282 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:44 AM

I am going to check out all those informative threads but I just wanted to ask a quick question.

For those who did use the silk flowers....how did you transport them to your DW?  Did they get smashed or wrinkled along the way?  

#14 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niajs 

By the way, what's a shadow box?

A shadowbox is basically a frame, like a picture frame in which you can display pictures/items/collectables. You can probably google it just to give you a better idea.

I am going to check out all those informative threads but I just wanted to ask a quick question.

For those who did use the silk flowers....how did you transport them to your DW?  Did they get smashed or wrinkled along the way?  

I had no issues in terms of transporting my flowers. Since we checked in most of our bags, I used my carry on to put all the arrangements in. I only had 2 bouquets & 2 bouts so it wasn't that hard to manage. I left everything packed in a box the way it was shipped & then stuffed the box with tissue paper. I then put that box inside a bag & brought it right on with me. It fit into the overhead bin just fine & I could've even given it to one of the stewards along with my dress since they hung that up for me. When I arrived at the hotel, they were'nt smashed or anything, they were just perfect. It's definitely doable.

#15 sxcT

sxcT
          • 1,282 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

Thanks.  I will probably end up doing the same thing along with any glass stuff I need to transport. 

Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO 

Quote:

I had no issues in terms of transporting my flowers. Since we checked in most of our bags, I used my carry on to put all the arrangements in. I only had 2 bouquets & 2 bouts so it wasn't that hard to manage. I left everything packed in a box the way it was shipped & then stuffed the box with tissue paper. I then put that box inside a bag & brought it right on with me. It fit into the overhead bin just fine & I could've even given it to one of the stewards along with my dress since they hung that up for me. When I arrived at the hotel, they were'nt smashed or anything, they were just perfect. It's definitely doable.

#16 niajs

niajs
            • 214 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 03:49 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO 

Quote:

A shadowbox is basically a frame, like a picture frame in which you can display pictures/items/collectables. You can probably google it just to give you a better idea.

http://www.potteryba...=cframes-albums

http://www.squidoo.c...-picture-frames

Ahh - thanks for explaining! What a great idea.

#17 nikkidee1214

nikkidee1214
              • 168 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:52 PM

that sounds great im going to look into that

#18 kball21

kball21
                • Site Supporter
                • 67 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:29 PM

After reading this thread I have decided to go with real touch flowers, and I'm so excited!! Thanks for all the info!! :)

On a side note, in my recent journey to pick a real touch vendor, I requested quotes from three different real touch florists. I ended up choosing Angles Accents (love her flowers!!) and when I let Hibiscus Florals know that I went with a different vendor, they responded with the most unprofessional rude e-mail I have come across in my wedding planning process to date. Definitely beware of this vendor!

#19 dmkn77

dmkn77
                  • 164 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:02 PM

I was really hoping to get real touch flowers but never got around to it soon enough! I bet you will love them!

#20 roxyqt

roxyqt
                    • 165 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by kball21 

After reading this thread I have decided to go with real touch flowers, and I'm so excited!! Thanks for all the info!! :)

On a side note, in my recent journey to pick a real touch vendor, I requested quotes from three different real touch florists. I ended up choosing Angles Accents (love her flowers!!) and when I let Hibiscus Florals know that I went with a different vendor, they responded with the most unprofessional rude e-mail I have come across in my wedding planning process to date. Definitely beware of this vendor!

GREAT CHOICE!!!  Angel is doing my florals as well!!!   She is wonderful to work with, such a wonderful person, and answers your questions/emails/concerns, etc in a professional and quick manner! She by far has been my favorite vendor to work with!!!!  I am super excited about my flowers!!!!!

So sorry to hear about your troubles with the other vendor, but thank you for sharing!!  So sad that they don't value their business enough to "thank you for considering their business and wish you the best in your wedding planning". Their rudeness would make me feel even more confident in my choice if I were you!!!

I sent out 3 quotes myself and Angel was the only one that emailed me back, not to mention the next day!!  So for me I knew she was the right vendor!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users