• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 LanaM

LanaM
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Hello,

I'm new here,

Me and my fiance plan to get married in Mexico in November 2011. We have not decided on a place yet but my top 2 choices (at least for now ) are Moon Palace and Dreams Riviera Cancun.

If anyone have any tips on how to make final decision on the resort I would really appreciate it .

Alex & Lana
    ~11.18.11~
    Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#2 JR14

JR14
    • 244 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:12 PM

Hi and Welcome Lana!

Choosing a hotel location is probably one of the hardest things, I agree.  I personally have been to the Moon Palace and it remains to be one of the nicest and best hotels I've ever been to!!  If you're truly torn between the two I'd decide based on the vacation costs for your guests, and wedding costs/packages from each hotel.

Hope that helps!  This forum is amazing!  I'm sure others will chime in and share their own thoughts.

Happy planning and CONGRATS!!

J + R ~ Bristol Buenaventura, Panama ~ 26.May.2011~~ 95 booked (+ bride & groom)

#3 DeanSanderson

DeanSanderson
      • Vendor
      • 15 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

Welcome to the Forum... another place to look is the Now Jade Mayan Riviera Resort... It's in the same area and really nice as well.. I'm shooting a wedding there in early April and the clients are very excited about it. There is even a good thread with some very helpful people on it in on this site..

good luck!

-dean

#4 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
        • 408 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:01 AM

Welcome and congrats! Both options are great! Alot of these resorts can appear very similar as well, so once I had it narrowed down I had to find the tiny differences and see which fit us best. It's all easier after picking the resort :)

#5 Le Reve Hotel & Spa

Le Reve Hotel & Spa
          • Vendor
          • 323 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:39 AM

Hola,

Welcome to the forum and above all, congratulations for your engagement!

Have you thought of the Riviera Maya? One of the best things about Riviera Maya is the fact that you can get everything you dream, and it goes from the simplest things, up to the most elaborated... I am certain that you would love it.

To check out various resorts, a good place to go is the hotel review section on tripadvisor.com and the venue reviews here.  TA will not offer many wedding reviews, but the list is probably more extensive and you can come back here to learn more about wedding experiences. I would suggest using both resources. 

Your wedding is going to be full of magic and this website will help you a lot!

We wish you the best.

Happy planning.

Signature.png

#6 SKing24

SKing24
            • 265 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

Welcome!  Picking a resort is the hardest part, but you'll find lots of good support here.  Make sure you check out the threads on moon palace and dreams.  And read all the reviews.  You'll be addicted to this forum soon!

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#7 mistibuard

mistibuard
              • 444 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

Congrats! Welcome to the forum- it's great.

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#8 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
                • Site Supporter
                • 171 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Welcome to the forum LanaM and Congrats! Good luck on picking your destination. Happy planning!

#9 SassyCass

SassyCass
                  • 155 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:44 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! 

#10 delgadot

delgadot
                    • 284 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

Weclome and Congrats! I am sure you will find just what you are looking for on this forum the women on here are awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users