Help -- Mariachi in Puerto Vallarta????!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Can all you brides please tell me what Mariachi's you had/are having? I need info on Mariachi's. My WC quoted me $750 for 45 min and I know for a fact this is extremely high. It is really important to me to have a mariachi so every bit of info would be greatly appreciated.  Please let me know what Mariachi's you guys have heard of/or are having and the specifics, how much and hour and how many are in the band? Thanks for your info everyone.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Marical, She quoted me really high too like 7,000 pesos for Mariachi I think it was $560dlls per 45 min and I now that's a lot for 45 min. I have a cousin that lives in Guadalajara and her wedding planner recommended me realdeamerica.com. They quoted me 3 hrs 4,000 pesos and under 3 hours 4,500 pesos its about $320-360 dlls. I hope this helps. I am thinking of using them for my Dec. wedding and I can give you a review after Dec. :)

Thanks for the info. Is it $400 an hour for 3 hrs? or 3 hrs for $400 in total(making it $100 an hour)? I know Mariachi's are not that high, did Paula quote you that? I really want a large Mariachi and I think I would like one for 4 hours so I will definately look into that. Thanks and let me know... How are your plans coming along?  

Sorry I forgot to write its 4,000 pesos per 45 min and in order to get this price an hour you would have to book for a minimum of 3 hours but if you do under 3 hours then they charge $4500 pesos per 45 min. Real de America was recommended by my cousins wedding planner. I don't know which one Paula uses but its way over price the one Paula uses. My wedding plans are little by little coming together, how are you doing?

Hi thanks for the info, I hate that they charge per 45 min, whats up with that? Well I can say that these prices are much better that what our WC was quoting. Also I check edout their website and it has 11 or so musicians right? Seems fair and good. I will be contacting them and get a feel for them. I am super stressed with all the planning, I am trying to find a Mariachi, and keep the guest list down! How are you?

I know I had no idea mariachis play only for 45 min only I had never heard that before either. I asked my cousin and she said that's how they charge. I believe theirs 12 musicians which I think its a complete Mariachi. You know we sent out 100 invitations total was like 200 people and only 60 guest are attending, I was scared b/c so many would tell us they wanted to attend we where thinking we where going over 80 but at the end many change their mind or things happens that they can't attend any more. And I think that's what stress me out the most not knowing for sure who was going and who was not going but once you know everything just gets so much easier. Did Paula asked u to take flip flops as party favors? I got mine in San Ysidro at the outlets of Old Navy for $1.50 and theirs a coupon spend $50 they take away 10dlls.

Hello, I seen this forum and wanted to advise!  I have been planning my wedding now in pv over the last 5 months.  I have kept communication with 3 different resorts/hotels and 1 private venue.  All the resorts wanted to charge $600 plus per 45min (CRAZY) considering the band does consist of 12 members I can see why the price can get high but still!  Anyhow, I have decided on my venue and I went with the private location (Martoca Beach)  When it comes to outside vendors there are 'fair" pricing. If you are looking for outside vendors and still have some time to shop around, check out Martoca's website!  The owner is Jimmy and he is great to work with.  I feel he will guide anybody to great service, even if you don't use his venue, I'm sure he can give recommendations :)  I hope this can be of some help

Originally Posted by wnmrtn8 View Post

I know I had no idea mariachis play only for 45 min only I had never heard that before either. I asked my cousin and she said that's how they charge. I believe theirs 12 musicians which I think its a complete Mariachi. You know we sent out 100 invitations total was like 200 people and only 60 guest are attending, I was scared b/c so many would tell us they wanted to attend we where thinking we where going over 80 but at the end many change their mind or things happens that they can't attend any more. And I think that's what stress me out the most not knowing for sure who was going and who was not going but once you know everything just gets so much easier. Did Paula asked u to take flip flops as party favors? I got mine in San Ysidro at the outlets of Old Navy for $1.50 and theirs a coupon spend $50 they take away 10dlls.

Yeah it a bug, but I do want a big Mariachi. I am so stressed over the guests, I want to keep it at 60 now it shot up to 120 and I really only want to do 80. It is so difficult but in the end it's my wedding and Iknwo I won't be able to please everybody. Yeah, Paula told me about the flip flops which I also thought were a cute idea. Where did you get the coupon? That's funny, are you located in San DIego? I am, and I love shopping at the Outlets. I am going to send out the Save The Dates but I am dreading that so many people will want to go. Did you get a DJ? Paula had mentioned one of her's but I also thought it was expensive but I will still look around, her DJ included a lot of extras that most DJ's wont have. Thanks.

Originally Posted by ariesgrl View Post

Hello, I seen this forum and wanted to advise!  I have been planning my wedding now in pv over the last 5 months.  I have kept communication with 3 different resorts/hotels and 1 private venue.  All the resorts wanted to charge $600 plus per 45min (CRAZY) considering the band does consist of 12 members I can see why the price can get high but still!  Anyhow, I have decided on my venue and I went with the private location (Martoca Beach)  When it comes to outside vendors there are 'fair" pricing. If you are looking for outside vendors and still have some time to shop around, check out Martoca's website!  The owner is Jimmy and he is great to work with.  I feel he will guide anybody to great service, even if you don't use his venue, I'm sure he can give recommendations :)  I hope this can be of some help

Thank you for the info, I heard thats a beautiful place. I will definately take it into consideration. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Marical3 View Post

Yeah it a bug, but I do want a big Mariachi. I am so stressed over the guests, I want to keep it at 60 now it shot up to 120 and I really only want to do 80. It is so difficult but in the end it's my wedding and Iknwo I won't be able to please everybody. Yeah, Paula told me about the flip flops which I also thought were a cute idea. Where did you get the coupon? That's funny, are you located in San DIego? I am, and I love shopping at the Outlets. I am going to send out the Save The Dates but I am dreading that so many people will want to go. Did you get a DJ? Paula had mentioned one of her's but I also thought it was expensive but I will still look around, her DJ included a lot of extras that most DJ's wont have. Thanks.

Yes, I totally understand it can get very stressful with guest number. No, I am not from SD I am from OC but I have fam in SD and they told me about the outlets I love them they have such a great discounts. If you register for the 1st time online with old navy you will get a coupon if you spend $50 they take away $10. I went like 3 weeks ago and they had all the colors you can think off. I didn't get a DJ, instead I got a music group name Live Entertainment they do a really cool performances. I attended a wedding with this group performing and they where so much fun you don't have to worry about making it fun they make sure all your guest are having a great time dancing and they give out funny hats, wigs, glasses etc. The group consist of 20 members and they dress up costumes, sing and do shows. I will find out if they have a website in case you are interested.