Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

• Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#791 Denise Vasquez

Denise Vasquez
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

SimplenSweet,

Thank you for providing this. I am having a hard time securing transportation from the airport to the resort. Do you have a company you can refer?

Also, I read in another thread regarding a $500 credit card hold per room at check-in time. Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

Denise

#792 SimplenSweet

SimplenSweet
    • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Hey Denise- I used a company through expedia when I booked... Blue Travel or something? not sure..... also I was not aware of the $500 charge.. I'm sure everyone would have been talking about it if so but I never heard anything about that.

#793 LoriOlivia

LoriOlivia
      • 35 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Hey Denise,

I have always used the official cabs from the airport to get to hotel in Punta Cana.

There is a set fee ($35 to Paradisus Punta Cana) and they hold 4-6 people with luggage.

When you get to the airport and pass through customs and go to the right you see a large white sign with every hotel listed and a set feed.

The cabs accept USD.

Never had a problem.

However, if you want to book in advance, try going thru the hotel directly (not the miami Office)

Below is the contact and the fares I was quoted:

Genue Jimenez "  reservas1.melia.caribe@paradisuspalmareal.com

PRIVATE ROUND TRIP RATES

PUJ -HOTEL      US$.45.00 EACH WAY, FROM 1 TO 6 PERSONS.

PUJ -HOTEL      US$.89.00 EACH WAY, FROM 7 TO 10 PERSONS.

PUJ -HOTEL      US$.133.00 EACH WAY, FROM 10 TO 22 PERSONS.

#794 cdc150

cdc150
        • 332 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

Hi PPC Brides,

Please vote for our wedding!  Cortney & Michael --  I appreciate your help!

http://www.bestdesti...al-wedding-2012

thanks,

Cortney

#795 JennyAdele

JennyAdele
          • 150 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
          • LocationDominican

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

I voted for you! Good luck!

Jenn

Originally Posted by cdc150 

Hi PPC Brides,

Please vote for our wedding!  Cortney & Michael --  I appreciate your help!

http://www.bestdesti...al-wedding-2012

thanks,

Cortney

#796 Katie83

Katie83
          • 89 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

As i get further into the planning process more questions arise! 

Can anyone recommend a good website for travel information etc for our guests?

Any recommendations on beautiful yet affordable invitations?

Did you put travel information etc in the invitation (my cousin who also had a destination wedding had a formal invite and then included a page of travel information etc) with it or does it work better to direct people to a web site.

last question for now anyway... does anyone have any recommendations on a good travel agent or company to handle the room reservations etc?

Thank you girls for all of your advice and help with this daunting process!

-Katie

#797 maridr2012

maridr2012
            • 251 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

Hi Katie.  I don't have answers for all your questions but here are some:

I did a website thru TheKnot with all travel info, and although it was pretty to look at and initially was viewed alot when I sent out my save the dates (website adrs was printed on the STD), most folks still forgot what they were supposed to do when it came time to do their booking.  Also, we had several folks in our group that are not internet-savvy - my parents, some of the older folks etc. 

Originally Posted by Katie83 

As i get further into the planning process more questions arise! 

Can anyone recommend a good website for travel information etc for our guests?

Any recommendations on beautiful yet affordable invitations?

Did you put travel information etc in the invitation (my cousin who also had a destination wedding had a formal invite and then included a page of travel information etc) with it or does it work better to direct people to a web site.

last question for now anyway... does anyone have any recommendations on a good travel agent or company to handle the room reservations etc?

Thank you girls for all of your advice and help with this daunting process!

-Katie

#798 Denise Vasquez

Denise Vasquez
              • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Tha

Hey Denise, I have always used the official cabs from the airport to get to hotel in Punta Cana. There is a set fee ($35 to Paradisus Punta Cana) and they hold 4-6 people with luggage. When you get to the airport and pass through customs and go to the right you see a large white sign with every hotel listed and a set feed. The cabs accept USD. Never had a problem. However, if you want to book in advance, try going thru the hotel directly (not the miami Office) Below is the contact and the fares I was quoted: Genue Jimenez "  reservas1.melia.caribe@paradisuspalmareal.com

PRIVATE ROUND TRIP RATES

PUJ -HOTEL      US$.45.00 EACH WAY, FROM 1 TO 6 PERSONS. PUJ -HOTEL      US$.89.00 EACH WAY, FROM 7 TO 10 PERSONS. PUJ -HOTEL      US$.133.00 EACH WAY, FROM 10 TO 22 PERSONS.

nk

Hey Denise, I have always used the official cabs from the airport to get to hotel in Punta Cana. There is a set fee ($35 to Paradisus Punta Cana) and they hold 4-6 people with luggage. When you get to the airport and pass through customs and go to the right you see a large white sign with every hotel listed and a set feed. The cabs accept USD. Never had a problem. However, if you want to book in advance, try going thru the hotel directly (not the miami Office) Below is the contact and the fares I was quoted: Genue Jimenez "  reservas1.melia.caribe@paradisuspalmareal.com

PRIVATE ROUND TRIP RATES

PUJ -HOTEL      US$.45.00 EACH WAY, FROM 1 TO 6 PERSONS. PUJ -HOTEL      US$.89.00 EACH WAY, FROM 7 TO 10 PERSONS. PUJ -HOTEL      US$.133.00 EACH WAY, FROM 10 TO 22 PERSONS.

#799 Denise Vasquez

Denise Vasquez
                • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thank you SimplenSweet. I will look into it!

Hey Denise- I used a company through expedia when I booked... Blue Travel or something? not sure..... also I was not aware of the $500 charge.. I'm sure everyone would have been talking about it if so but I never heard anything about that.

#800 Denise Vasquez

Denise Vasquez
                  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Thank you LoriOlivia... I appreciate the info..

Thank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users