Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!


  • Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#481 cdc150

cdc150
  • Jr. Member
  • 332 posts

    Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

    that is such a shame, I feel like the hotel is going to lose a lot of brides because of this new policy.  I was lucky enough to book my wedding in 2011 so we won't incur the fee.  You could bring your own photographer and it looks like you would get around the fee.
     

    Originally Posted by trivera5521 

    Ladies this poicy totally sucks! They wont allow you to use any outside vendors without incurring this charge! Just **^%$ outrageous.  I will also tell you that I just received the below confirmation from my second venue choice that they two have the same policy in effect...Melia Caribe wrote:

     

    Hope this e - mail finds you well. Thank you for the information, regardin your question we do not just start with this policy we have this for 3 years ago, if the photographer works in bavaro punta cana zone and does not belong to arrecife studio the company that have the copy right fee of the hotel locations the company of the phothographer that you select have to pay to arrecife studio the fee of $1000.00 USD for take wedding pictures in our resort and there are not any exceptions.

     

    Needless to say I feel like !!!!



     



    #482 maridr2012

    maridr2012
    • Jr. Member
    • 251 posts

      Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

      Or...perhaps you could book your photographer a room for the night and have them as a "guest" at your wedding.  This way you could get around the non-preferred vendor fee?



      #483 keedon2011

      keedon2011
      • Newbie
      • 32 posts

        Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

        Great point @ Maridr2012! There's always a loop hole. The resort is beautiful so don't cross it out completely...I'm pretty sure if you get the photographer a room you will gain additional perks (one would hope?!)



        #484 Janinej9

        Janinej9
        • Newbie
        • 12 posts

          Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

           This is Marilyn's email- mcairo@paradisusromance.com. I do think that this is an insane policy. They should offer more than one preferred vendor if they are going to charge an outside vendor 1000 dollars.



          #485 MrsG

          MrsG
          • Newbie
          • 3 posts

            Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

            I wrote to the romace department about this RIDICULOUS new "policy". Brides should not be strong armed into using a photographer and videographer they dont want and that is pretty much what they are doing. The Hotel is going to lose ALOT of money. At least if they take away your choice of photographer they should give you good options. Ive read reviews from the in house photographer and they were not good and they are rude from a handful of the comments I read. If everyone complains they will have to do something about it. I thought that paying a day pass was a joke but this is completly unacceptable. Speak up ladies or we are all going to get stuck with this unfairness.

             



            #486 Punta-Cana 2012

            Punta-Cana 2012
            • Newbie
            • 1 posts

              Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

              I'm glad that you tasted the food... can you please let me know how was it? I visited the resort last summer but didn't taste the food...I just requested the menu and it sounds good but the wording is confusing.



              #487 maridr2012

              maridr2012
              • Jr. Member
              • 251 posts

                Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:02 AM

                Hi ladies.  Have any of you which have gotten married @ PPC booked and used the bridal suite?  I'm considering renting it so me and the bridesmaids and both moms can get ready in.   Is it worthwhile paying for it?  There will be 7 of us, and I really don't want to have everyone pile into my room to get ready...I'll be frazzled enough and will end up having a meltdown with everyone in my face, lol.  Also a little nervous of having my hair and makeup done then going back to room and running into anyone or having hair frizz or makeup melt.  LOL.  Can you tell I'm a worry-wart?  Any tips and pics of the bridal suite you have would be greatly appreciated!



                #488 cdc150

                cdc150
                • Jr. Member
                • 332 posts

                  Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

                  I am renting it as well so I don't have everyone getting ready in my room.  I didn't think it was ridiculously expensive and they do provide food and champagne. 
                   

                  Originally Posted by maridr2012 

                  Hi ladies.  Have any of you which have gotten married @ PPC booked and used the bridal suite?  I'm considering renting it so me and the bridesmaids and both moms can get ready in.   Is it worthwhile paying for it?  There will be 7 of us, and I really don't want to have everyone pile into my room to get ready...I'll be frazzled enough and will end up having a meltdown with everyone in my face, lol.  Also a little nervous of having my hair and makeup done then going back to room and running into anyone or having hair frizz or makeup melt.  LOL.  Can you tell I'm a worry-wart?  Any tips and pics of the bridal suite you have would be greatly appreciated!



                   



                  #489 maridr2012

                  maridr2012
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 251 posts

                    Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 PM


                    Oh good!  Glad to see someone else thinks its worthwhile.  I see you're getting married in April.  I'll be very interested in seeing your feedback on your wedding and some pics!  I'm getting married on November 9th, and although I've already visited the resort for a site visit I'm always looking for other's take on everything there for any watchouts or tips!  : )

                    Originally Posted by cdc150 

                    I am renting it as well so I don't have everyone getting ready in my room.  I didn't think it was ridiculously expensive and they do provide food and champagne. 
                     



                     



                     



                    #490 cdc150

                    cdc150
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 332 posts

                      Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:01 PM

                      I will keep you posted! 

                       

                      You've visited?  What did you learn on your visit?
                       

                      Originally Posted by maridr2012 


                      Oh good!  Glad to see someone else thinks its worthwhile.  I see you're getting married in April.  I'll be very interested in seeing your feedback on your wedding and some pics!  I'm getting married on November 9th, and although I've already visited the resort for a site visit I'm always looking for other's take on everything there for any watchouts or tips!  : )



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users