Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!


  • Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#411 trivera5521

trivera5521
  • Jr. Member
  • 470 posts

    Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:56 AM

    WOW CDC!!! Please keep me posted!! How can they charge you that? And thats an insane amount of money!! Isnt it the resort that is the one who sets the fee?! I reallyl hope thats not the case b/c I do not care for Arrecife Photography's work =( 

     

    Have you contact the resort directly to see what they say??? Arrecife might be just trying to bully you.



    #412 Janet1480

    Janet1480
    • Member
    • 709 posts

      Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

      Have you already booked with PPC? If so, they cant all of a sudden charge you. Your date and wedding is booked and if you chose the services of another vendor that is just simply too bad for Arecife. Also, I highly recommend you talk to your coordinator. They cant force you to use Arrecife because they are the preferred vendor of the resort. This is a very personal decision and an important one, your photographs are all you will have left of your wedding day and perhaps Arrecife style and photography is not to your liking and perhaps you are not satisfied with their packages. If they are going to charge $1000.00 they better be prepared to be REALLY flexible with their packages or a lot of brides will be walking away from having their weddings at PPC. And also, I dont think its up to Arrecife to dictate what the charges will be if you dont book with them. I would be livid and fighting this battle to the nines.

      Good Luck!
       

      Originally Posted by cdc150 

      Looks that this email I got this morning from Arrecife Photography....  I'm about to flip out:

       

      would like to inform you that we have no objection if you decide to use the services of Photo-souvenir, but from day January 1st 2012 we start charging a Fee of $ 1,000.00 to anyone who uses the services of external photographers while we were official company at the resort.

       

       



       


      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


      #413 trivera5521

      trivera5521
      • Jr. Member
      • 470 posts

        Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:08 AM


        Well said Janet!!!!!
         

        Originally Posted by Janet1480 

        Have you already booked with PPC? If so, they cant all of a sudden charge you. Your date and wedding is booked and if you chose the services of another vendor that is just simply too bad for Arecife. Also, I highly recommend you talk to your coordinator. They cant force you to use Arrecife because they are the preferred vendor of the resort. This is a very personal decision and an important one, your photographs are all you will have left of your wedding day and perhaps Arrecife style and photography is not to your liking and perhaps you are not satisfied with their packages. If they are going to charge $1000.00 they better be prepared to be REALLY flexible with their packages or a lot of brides will be walking away from having their weddings at PPC. And also, I dont think its up to Arrecife to dictate what the charges will be if you dont book with them. I would be livid and fighting this battle to the nines.

        Good Luck!
         



         



         



        #414 cdc150

        cdc150
        • Jr. Member
        • 332 posts

          Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

          I booked at PPC back in June 2011 and that is when I booked PhotoSouvenir and gave them a deposit!  I have contacted Miguelina, who quoted me the original $125 plus my weddding coordinator at dw.com.   Hopefully this will get resolved quickly, I just found the email I had with Miguelina with a quote of $120 for the outside photographer.

           

          Ladies, make sure you save EVERYTHING to get what you were promised! 



          #415 cdc150

          cdc150
          • Jr. Member
          • 332 posts

            Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:15 AM

            ugh, $120 she quoted me, not $125. 
             

            Originally Posted by cdc150 

            I booked at PPC back in June 2011 and that is when I booked PhotoSouvenir and gave them a deposit!  I have contacted Miguelina, who quoted me the original $125 plus my weddding coordinator at dw.com.   Hopefully this will get resolved quickly, I just found the email I had with Miguelina with a quote of $120 for the outside photographer.

             

            Ladies, make sure you save EVERYTHING to get what you were promised! 



             



            #416 deesanders33

            deesanders33
            • Jr. Member
            • 329 posts

              Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:05 AM

              I got an email from  Arrecife Photography a while back trying to get me to book with him and I told him I already booked with someone else and I got a nasty email back from him. Very disrespectful if you ask me, especially if he is trying to get business. I wouldn't listen to him, The outside vendor fee is $120 like we have all been told 



              #417 thePYT

              thePYT
              • Newbie
              • 40 posts

                Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:16 AM

                Is there an outside vendor fee even if your photographer is a guest? I was told no outside fee since they will be guests



                #418 amyUGA

                amyUGA
                • Newbie
                • 8 posts

                  Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:20 AM

                  It's been one month since my beautiful and amazing wedding at Paradisus Punta Cana.  It really was the best day of my life and we couldn't of imagined it any better!

                   

                  It took me a while to warm up to the idea of a destination wedding, but after contact Nanda from Beach Bum Vacation, we knew we had made the right choice!  Nanda was awesome.  She was so kind and patient with our million and one questions and concerns.  She helped us with our research and planning and even coordinating with our 70+ guests.  We couldn't have done it with out Nanda's help!

                   

                  Once we choice PPC, we were put in contact with the Paradisus WC.  This is where we had challenges.  In the beginning, we were assigned Teresa as our WC, but she later left and was replaced by Marilyn.  At times it was difficult to get responses back from Marilyn in a timely manner (especially the closer we got to our wedding date).  We even had to ask Nanda to help get a response.  There were questions that Marilyn never got back to us because she said she was waiting to hear back from the on-site team to respond.  So we left for our wedding w/still some open questions.  Once we arrived on property, we had no way of contacting our on-site WC, Miguelina.  We were never told how to contact her or when to meet her.  We had arrived early to finalize our itinerary and get finish our welcome bags.  Our first chance to meet with Miguelina wasn't until the following day.  Once we met with Miguelina, everything fell into place.  We finalized our itinerary which helped us complete our Welcome Bags and she even helped us with a few special requests.  We asked Miguelina if she had been asked by Marilyn regarding our open questions.  She said she had not been in contact with Marilyn, which frustrated us.  Even though we had a few challenges, everything worked out and was amazing!

                   

                  We booked the Chill-Out Chic package.  Our Ceremony was held at the Gazebo, the Cocktail Hour was next to the Gazebo, and the Reception was held by the Main Pool.  We hired Katya Nova and Rob Michaud to document our day and Carlos from DJ Mannia.  We fell in love with Katya's photos from her website and then fell in love with her and Rob after meeting and working with them!  They are such wonderful and talented people.  They made us feel relaxed and beautiful and I LOVE the photos they took from our day.  Carlos did a fabulous job!  Everyone enjoyed the music and danced more than we ever had at a wedding reception.  And the balloons were such a fun surprise for everyone of all ages!  We didn't want the party to end!  The food including the desserts and the cake at the Reception were such a huge hit with all our guests.  Everyone kept raving about it being the best meal they had had at the resort.  Caribbean Celebration helped with the beautiful Oriental Lanterns to light our Reception area and the simple, but elegant Centerpieces. 

                   

                  Check out the shout out we got from our photographer's blog for a quick glimpse of how fabulous our wedding day was!  http://www.katyanova...a-cana-wedding/

                   

                  I can't rave enough about all the vendors that we used to help make our day as special as it was.  It was such a special and fun day that I wish we could keep doing over and over again! 

                   

                  I hope this helps you guys plan out your special days!



                  #419 cdc150

                  cdc150
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 332 posts

                    Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:31 AM

                    I just replied to Arricife saying I am unwilling to pay that and he said:

                     

                    "The photographer should make the payment at the time to arrive to the Hotel to make the wedding photo session.  Is his responsibility not yours"

                     

                    HUH????



                    #420 Janet1480

                    Janet1480
                    • Member
                    • 709 posts

                      Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

                      Clearly he has no idea what he is talking about and he is just trying to bully you to use his services. Just ignore him and move along in your happy wedding planning and dont let him ruin it. The outside vendor fee is $120 per head and if your photog is a guest at the hotel there is no fee! 
                       

                      Originally Posted by cdc150 

                      I just replied to Arricife saying I am unwilling to pay that and he said:

                       

                      "The photographer should make the payment at the time to arrive to the Hotel to make the wedding photo session.  Is his responsibility not yours"

                       

                      HUH????



                       


                      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users