Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!


  • Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#321 cdc150

cdc150
  • Jr. Member
  • 332 posts

    Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

    Oh boy, I"m sorry Moe!   I wish you good luck, I am sure everything will work out at the end :) 

     

    I'm still waiting for my reassignment, I freaked out on the manager at DW.com today I think my exact words were "Every bride wants to feel important and I don't" I hope this mess gets figured out soon cause it seems like a lot of people are frustrated!

     


     

    Originally Posted by moe81 

    Hey we are getting married at PPC on dec 3, 2011.... we just had our planning call today.  I am totally devastated that Teresa no longer works for Paradisus!!! She was great, very easy to talk to, and very prompt and thorough with any concerns I had.  Our file has been transferred to Miami and well, the wedding planner there didnt know a thing about our wedding. She had all the wrong information, even had the wrong file open, not even my name!!!  I must say I am worried at this point, our wedding is just over a month away, and I am upset there had to be a staff change right in the middle of confirming everything. 



     



    #322 ayansi08

    ayansi08
    • Newbie
    • 49 posts

      Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:30 AM



      Well- Since I found out via this blog regarding Theresa, I was VERY UPSET! Yeah, Theresa saved me a lot of money! I hadn't really started any of the major planning, but just by her suggestion of switching my date to a week earlier, I saved A LOT! She also had mentioned about her son getting married there which I liked because she seemed to totally understand the ins and outs of getting married there. I'm dying to know why she got fired!

       

      I contacted the Romance Team directly when I found out about Theresa, and  i asked to speak to the manager and was told she was out of town. Conveniently however I received an email from her later that night saying that they were notifying the brides with upcoming weddings. That answer made me even more upset! I wrote back and said that that was very unprofessional and poor on their part that brides are finding out about this on wedding blogs and not directly from them. She then wrote back and said they don't have a planner yet to assign me to. So now I'm waiting!

       

      I refuse to get assigned to Lauren. I had her at the beginning, and I did not like her.

       

      This whole situation really sucks. Mayb if we all complain we can get Theresa back! :(

       

      (sorry I rambled but i need to vent!)

       

      Originally Posted by deesanders33 

      Christine with Destination Weddings which is my TA is who told me. MIGUELINA MARTINEZ is who I am now assigned to and I am not a very happy camper right now. I am sure everyone is pissed. I am glad I got info from her that was much needed. They are asking me to fwd all emails so it's ridiculous. Did she give you any advice that would save you money?? I know her son just got married there so she was trying to tell me a few different things how to save money.. I really wonder why she got fired?
       



       



       



      #323 deesanders33

      deesanders33
      • Jr. Member
      • 329 posts

        Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

        Yea I am not very happy either. I was so upset. She had told me ways to save money as well.. I hope everything goes ok. I don't understand why I got assigned to a WC that actually works at the resort (I think anyway) She has been very responsive so far but def won't help us in ways that Teresa did. I am really dying to find out why she got fired as well, maybe because she was telling people the ends and outs and how to save money?? 

        Originally Posted by ayansi08 



        Well- Since I found out via this blog regarding Theresa, I was VERY UPSET! Yeah, Theresa saved me a lot of money! I hadn't really started any of the major planning, but just by her suggestion of switching my date to a week earlier, I saved A LOT! She also had mentioned about her son getting married there which I liked because she seemed to totally understand the ins and outs of getting married there. I'm dying to know why she got fired!

         

        I contacted the Romance Team directly when I found out about Theresa, and  i asked to speak to the manager and was told she was out of town. Conveniently however I received an email from her later that night saying that they were notifying the brides with upcoming weddings. That answer made me even more upset! I wrote back and said that that was very unprofessional and poor on their part that brides are finding out about this on wedding blogs and not directly from them. She then wrote back and said they don't have a planner yet to assign me to. So now I'm waiting!

         

        I refuse to get assigned to Lauren. I had her at the beginning, and I did not like her.

         

        This whole situation really sucks. Mayb if we all complain we can get Theresa back! :(

         

        (sorry I rambled but i need to vent!)

         



         



         



        #324 trivera5521

        trivera5521
        • Jr. Member
        • 470 posts

          Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:11 AM

          Oh boy another "not so great" review about Lauren, sigh. I was recently assigned to her. How did you get switched? Who did you contact to be reassigned?



          #325 cdc150

          cdc150
          • Jr. Member
          • 332 posts

            Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

            Ok ladies, I got all the details!  Apparently me having a little freakout to DW.com I got all the answers.

             

            Teresa's job was eliminated.  I guess the Paradisus felt that her salary was an expense they didn't need when they have people on site handling the weddings.   I have also been assigned to Miguelina.  I have a call scheduled with her tomorrow to review everything I went over with Teresa, and I will let you know how it goes. 

             

            I would love to hear some money saving tips Teresa shared with you, as the best one she told me were locations that you didn't need to rent a dance floor at. 
             

            Originally Posted by deesanders33 

            Yea I am not very happy either. I was so upset. She had told me ways to save money as well.. I hope everything goes ok. I don't understand why I got assigned to a WC that actually works at the resort (I think anyway) She has been very responsive so far but def won't help us in ways that Teresa did. I am really dying to find out why she got fired as well, maybe because she was telling people the ends and outs and how to save money?? 



             



             



            #326 deesanders33

            deesanders33
            • Jr. Member
            • 329 posts

              Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:10 AM

              Cdc,, Teresa also helped me out with the location I should choose, which we went with the poolside. I actually love the poolside more then the beach location. It's so romantic! :) Where did she tell you??

               

              She also told me depending on how many people we have maybe the packages wouldn't be a good deal for us. We already have 50 people booked now and are prob expecting about 75 people, which is more then we ever expected.. it's crazy. She told me if we have more then 25 people we should look into doing a BBQ beach party is what it is called, I think.. anyway what it is, is that we have a chef grilling lobster, ckn, beef, and tons of other things for your guest. We would be doing it poolside off course. Have you heard of that??

               

              She also told me that if you have the stereo system for your ceremony, they leave it there for the cocktail hour if you have it on the beach as well which is what she reccomended. Anyway she said if you bring your own CD then you can play it on that sound system instead of paying for someone to play at the cocktail hour.

               

              Anyone else get ways of saving money?? Any help appreciated please!! :)

               

              Please let me know how your call goes CDC

               

              Originally Posted by cdc150 

              Ok ladies, I got all the details!  Apparently me having a little freakout to DW.com I got all the answers.

               

              Teresa's job was eliminated.  I guess the Paradisus felt that her salary was an expense they didn't need when they have people on site handling the weddings.   I have also been assigned to Miguelina.  I have a call scheduled with her tomorrow to review everything I went over with Teresa, and I will let you know how it goes. 

               

              I would love to hear some money saving tips Teresa shared with you, as the best one she told me were locations that you didn't need to rent a dance floor at. 
               



               



               



              #327 cdc150

              cdc150
              • Jr. Member
              • 332 posts

                Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

                Thanks for all that info!  I had no idea about the BBQ Beach party, we have 50 people booked right now and are expected 60-65.  I will have to ask Miguelina about it.  It would be great to save some money!  I moved mine to poolside as well per her recommendation.  No dance floor rental and no night crawlers on the beach.  Miguelina alluded to the CD thing, but wasn't completely clear on it.  That clarified things a lot.

                 

                My call with Miguelina on Saturday was actually really productive.  We went over a lot of the details of the wedding I had spoke to Teresa about.  The most interesting thing I learned, which I think will be useful to you ladies is that the resort is no longer recommending DJ Mannia.  Apparently the new person in charge of Punta Cana is unreliable and they had a few weddings where the DJ showed up late or came a couple mins before the wedding asking about songs.  They are using someone different now and she already sent me a form to fill out for intros, first dance songs, cake cutting songs as well as what songs we definitely want played and a do not play list.  Mike and I have a job to do to pick out all of this but I'm glad its taken care of. 

                 

                Also, they work closely with Pastor Rick York so if you plan on using him, just let her know and they will confirm it.  The fee for using an outside photographer is $120.  If you go on their Picasa site and pick out what you want, she will give you a price quote. I am having trouble picking a bouquet I want though. 

                 

                Oh, I just booked my hair/makeup for my girls.  I'm glad I did, as they have 3 people who do everything.  I booked everyone from 1-4p and was able to get a bridal suite for that time as well.  It's $250 which seemed a bit ridiculous but we have a room they feed us and bring in champagne.  And its easier than running back and forth to our rooms to get ready. 

                 

                Phew!  that was a lot of typing  :)

                 


                 

                Originally Posted by deesanders33 

                Cdc,, Teresa also helped me out with the location I should choose, which we went with the poolside. I actually love the poolside more then the beach location. It's so romantic! :) Where did she tell you??

                 

                She also told me depending on how many people we have maybe the packages wouldn't be a good deal for us. We already have 50 people booked now and are prob expecting about 75 people, which is more then we ever expected.. it's crazy. She told me if we have more then 25 people we should look into doing a BBQ beach party is what it is called, I think.. anyway what it is, is that we have a chef grilling lobster, ckn, beef, and tons of other things for your guest. We would be doing it poolside off course. Have you heard of that??

                 

                She also told me that if you have the stereo system for your ceremony, they leave it there for the cocktail hour if you have it on the beach as well which is what she reccomended. Anyway she said if you bring your own CD then you can play it on that sound system instead of paying for someone to play at the cocktail hour.

                 

                Anyone else get ways of saving money?? Any help appreciated please!! :)

                 

                Please let me know how your call goes CDC

                 



                 



                 



                #328 deesanders33

                deesanders33
                • Jr. Member
                • 329 posts

                  Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

                  Thanks for all the info you sent me as well!! Very helpful! :) I just emailed Miguelina seeing if we need to do a call as well to talk about some of the things that Teresa and I discussed. Looks like she is on vacation until tomorrow. I also asked her some questions and I will see how she responds and let you know. I love this site.. def is a big help for everyone!! :) 

                   

                  As for quotes, I haven't found anything on there website that I love but I have found pictures of items that I would love instead so I was going to email and see if they could give me a quote on that as well. 

                   

                  What time are you getting married again? I asked about reserving the bridal suite as well.. even though it is more money I think it will be worth it. I also asked for a price quote of getting the girls hair done as well, but I think I am going to give them a choice if they want it done or not. We are getting married at 5pm so I guess I need to make sure I have the bridal suite till then :) 
                   

                  Originally Posted by cdc150 

                  Thanks for all that info!  I had no idea about the BBQ Beach party, we have 50 people booked right now and are expected 60-65.  I will have to ask Miguelina about it.  It would be great to save some money!  I moved mine to poolside as well per her recommendation.  No dance floor rental and no night crawlers on the beach.  Miguelina alluded to the CD thing, but wasn't completely clear on it.  That clarified things a lot.

                   

                  My call with Miguelina on Saturday was actually really productive.  We went over a lot of the details of the wedding I had spoke to Teresa about.  The most interesting thing I learned, which I think will be useful to you ladies is that the resort is no longer recommending DJ Mannia.  Apparently the new person in charge of Punta Cana is unreliable and they had a few weddings where the DJ showed up late or came a couple mins before the wedding asking about songs.  They are using someone different now and she already sent me a form to fill out for intros, first dance songs, cake cutting songs as well as what songs we definitely want played and a do not play list.  Mike and I have a job to do to pick out all of this but I'm glad its taken care of. 

                   

                  Also, they work closely with Pastor Rick York so if you plan on using him, just let her know and they will confirm it.  The fee for using an outside photographer is $120.  If you go on their Picasa site and pick out what you want, she will give you a price quote. I am having trouble picking a bouquet I want though. 

                   

                  Oh, I just booked my hair/makeup for my girls.  I'm glad I did, as they have 3 people who do everything.  I booked everyone from 1-4p and was able to get a bridal suite for that time as well.  It's $250 which seemed a bit ridiculous but we have a room they feed us and bring in champagne.  And its easier than running back and forth to our rooms to get ready. 

                   

                  Phew!  that was a lot of typing  :)

                   


                   



                   



                   



                  #329 cdc150

                  cdc150
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 332 posts

                    Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:16 AM

                    We are getting married at 6:30 but our photographer is coming at 3p.  The bridal suites are available from 9-12 or 1-4.  Apparently they close from 12-1 for lunch.  If you are doing pictures afterwards you should be fine.  Sunset is at 7p when we get married so we need to do all our pictures beforehand.  Email the spa directly Daniela will book everything for you and reserve the bridal suite. Her email is spa.paradisus.punta.cana@melia.com  :)

                     

                    I have some pics of things I love that I found online as well... Pinterest is dangerous!  Maybe I will send her some pics for a quote. 
                     

                    Originally Posted by deesanders33 

                    Thanks for all the info you sent me as well!! Very helpful! :) I just emailed Miguelina seeing if we need to do a call as well to talk about some of the things that Teresa and I discussed. Looks like she is on vacation until tomorrow. I also asked her some questions and I will see how she responds and let you know. I love this site.. def is a big help for everyone!! :) 

                     

                    As for quotes, I haven't found anything on there website that I love but I have found pictures of items that I would love instead so I was going to email and see if they could give me a quote on that as well. 

                     

                    What time are you getting married again? I asked about reserving the bridal suite as well.. even though it is more money I think it will be worth it. I also asked for a price quote of getting the girls hair done as well, but I think I am going to give them a choice if they want it done or not. We are getting married at 5pm so I guess I need to make sure I have the bridal suite till then :) 
                     



                     



                     



                    #330 deesanders33

                    deesanders33
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 329 posts

                      Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:47 AM

                      Thanks, I just emailed her over!! :) 
                       

                      Originally Posted by cdc150 

                      We are getting married at 6:30 but our photographer is coming at 3p.  The bridal suites are available from 9-12 or 1-4.  Apparently they close from 12-1 for lunch.  If you are doing pictures afterwards you should be fine.  Sunset is at 7p when we get married so we need to do all our pictures beforehand.  Email the spa directly Daniela will book everything for you and reserve the bridal suite. Her email is spa.paradisus.punta.cana@melia.com  :)

                       

                      I have some pics of things I love that I found online as well... Pinterest is dangerous!  Maybe I will send her some pics for a quote. 
                       



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users