Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!


  • Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#191 deesanders33

deesanders33
  • Jr. Member
  • 329 posts

    Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:33 PM

    Agreed lots of reception options!! I choose the pool terrace due to hearing about sand flees and crabs at night. I don't need our guests getting bites :) We actually hired HDC Photography.. he has been awesome so far with responses.



    #192 Tink

    Tink
    • Jr. Member
    • 160 posts

      Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

      Sorry about so many questions but if I choose to do the Chill out Chic package do I have to pay extra for the reception location? Does anyone know if there are specific locations you have to choose from for the package?  Also, the package states it includes a canopy for the ceremony but I would like to have it at a gazebo, will I be charged extra or will they just substitute? I'm sure I have a zillion other questions but it'd be great if anyone could let me know. Thanks a lot for all of your answers! You guys are so helpful!



      #193 Janet1480

      Janet1480
      • Member
      • 709 posts

        Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:35 AM


        Ask away...thats what we are here for :)

         

        You have the option with any package or a la carte to have your ceremony in the garden, beach, or gazebo. The Gazebo is really popular apparently so if you are getting married on a popular date you should reserve it quickly. i am the only wedding on my date so i had any option i wanted. No additional charge.

         

        For the reception you can do any of the restaurants, beach, poolside at no charge however for the restaurants if you want it privatized then there are extra costs and the banquet halls i beleive might cost more depending on the size of your wedding. I think some of the restaurants are only open at certain times of year and at certain hours so you may have the option to use those.

         

        I chose the Aqua package but for my ceremony i am on the beach,  using the canopy from the chill out chic and the aisle decorations from the chill out Chic and doing poolside reception and its not costing me anything more then the cost of the aqua package + the additional decor i asked for.

         

        Did you get all the package information from the resort...i have it if you would like to read it over.
         

        Originally Posted by Tink 

        Sorry about so many questions but if I choose to do the Chill out Chic package do I have to pay extra for the reception location? Does anyone know if there are specific locations you have to choose from for the package?  Also, the package states it includes a canopy for the ceremony but I would like to have it at a gazebo, will I be charged extra or will they just substitute? I'm sure I have a zillion other questions but it'd be great if anyone could let me know. Thanks a lot for all of your answers! You guys are so helpful!



         


        Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


        #194 jkweddingday

        jkweddingday
        • Newbie
        • 24 posts

          Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

          Okay, deesanders33, you've freaked me out with references to sand fleas and crabs. I've never heard of any such problems, and my reception is slated for the beach in less than 2 months. Is it really an issue (eek!)?

           

          Tink, we're doing the Chill Out Chic package and had a variety of reception locations to chose from. We chose the beach to fully embrace the uniqueness of a destination wedding in a beautiful locale. As you can tell above, I've heard nothing about sand fleas or crabs. I think we're probably going to wing it anyway although I do have visions of myself in my wedding dress with bug spray trying to set-up a parameter.....

           

          I can't speak to use of the canopy at the gazebo. Have you checked out the pictures on Picasa to see if it's included in any of the pictures at the gazebo?

           

          Hatfiehm, we're bringing in Photo Souvenir and are super excited about it!!

           

          Janet1480, I got one more menu out of her but they're all the same! I pushed back again and we'll see what she says. Otherwise I may take you up on your offer to connect with Teresa. Thanks for the advice though!



          #195 Janet1480

          Janet1480
          • Member
          • 709 posts

            Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

            OMG i never heard of them either until i had my 3 hour planning call with Teresa!!!! I was totally dreaming of my beach reception and really wanted to feel the sand in my toes when i danced but after talking with Teresa i TOTALLY changed my mind so i looked at all the options and the poolside looks so romantic so we decided not to take the chance...get married on the beach and party by the pool LOL

            Teresa said that the evenings by the beach can be quite windy so the sand blows and can get in the food and she told me about the sand fleas and crabs that come out at night :( :( i was dissappointed but happy she told me. She said it was up to me but she just had her sons wedding there in the fall and wanted to warn me. Although the beach set up is so so GORGEOUS!!!

             

            Definietly let me know...i can always send you the menus i received as well but i dont think it would hurt to email Teresa anyway. :) more info you have the better and you will be better armed. Teresa is fantastic and i have heard great things about Jennifer as well.

             

            good luck!
             

            Originally Posted by jkweddingday 

            Okay, deesanders33, you've freaked me out with references to sand fleas and crabs. I've never heard of any such problems, and my reception is slated for the beach in less than 2 months. Is it really an issue (eek!)?

             

            Tink, we're doing the Chill Out Chic package and had a variety of reception locations to chose from. We chose the beach to fully embrace the uniqueness of a destination wedding in a beautiful locale. As you can tell above, I've heard nothing about sand fleas or crabs. I think we're probably going to wing it anyway although I do have visions of myself in my wedding dress with bug spray trying to set-up a parameter.....

             

            I can't speak to use of the canopy at the gazebo. Have you checked out the pictures on Picasa to see if it's included in any of the pictures at the gazebo?

             

            Hatfiehm, we're bringing in Photo Souvenir and are super excited about it!!

             

            Janet1480, I got one more menu out of her but they're all the same! I pushed back again and we'll see what she says. Otherwise I may take you up on your offer to connect with Teresa. Thanks for the advice though!



             


            Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


            #196 jkweddingday

            jkweddingday
            • Newbie
            • 24 posts

              Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:43 AM

              Janet1480, you've got me pretty spooked :-( I'll email/call Lauren, but I doubt I'll get a helpful, timely response. Can you send me Teresa's email and the menus you received?

               

              Thanks!



              #197 thePYT

              thePYT
              • Newbie
              • 40 posts

                Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

                We're bringing our own photographer in. Personally, I felt that it was worth it to me to chose my photographer because after the day is over, all I'll have is the memories and the photographs to re-live it. If you find a photographer that you really like, then I'd recommend going with him/her. I do know of a photographer that is moving to Punta Cana, Katya Nova - I saw another bride mention her on here.
                 

                Originally Posted by hatfiehm 

                Ok PPC ladies I have a question for you. Are you going with the resort photog or bringing your own in? We are holding our reception on la barcaza wedding boat so I also want the photographer to join us there.
                Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated!


                 



                #198 Tink

                Tink
                • Jr. Member
                • 160 posts

                  Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:38 PM

                  Thanks for the info! So basically if you choose to have it at one of the restaurants free of charge that would mean you would have to share it with hotel guests right? It would be more of a dinner and not a full reception because there would be no dancing? I'm super disappointed as I was looking forward to having a full reception with music, a dj, and dancing :( guess the only way to have that is to pay the extra money to have it privatized?

                  #199 Janet1480

                  Janet1480
                  • Member
                  • 709 posts

                    Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:49 PM


                    sorry doll...i dont mean to spook you but dont want you dissapointed on your wedding day either!  I replied to your PM. Best of luck and let me know how it goes okay?
                     

                    Originally Posted by jkweddingday 

                    Janet1480, you've got me pretty spooked :-( I'll email/call Lauren, but I doubt I'll get a helpful, timely response. Can you send me Teresa's email and the menus you received?

                     

                    Thanks!



                     


                    Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


                    #200 Janet1480

                    Janet1480
                    • Member
                    • 709 posts

                      Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

                      Well they will still section you off so you are not sitting in the middle of the restaurant with random strangers LOL but they wont shut down an entire restaurant unless you are willing to pay for that.

                       

                      there is no extra cost to have a private reception on the beach or poolside or in the garden. :) the DJ will always come at an extra cost though :) you can hire your own or use Dj Mania who is hired through PPC and gets FANTASTIC reviews on this site. It didnt cost me anymore then the cost of my decor package and i am having the dance floor, full on reception etc. The package is also optional. You can go a la carte or you can bring your own stuff with you and set up yourself or you can pay them to set up your stuff for you. There are lots of options. Let me know if you need more help or details.

                       

                      Originally Posted by Tink 

                      Thanks for the info! So basically if you choose to have it at one of the restaurants free of charge that would mean you would have to share it with hotel guests right? It would be more of a dinner and not a full reception because there would be no dancing? I'm super disappointed as I was looking forward to having a full reception with music, a dj, and dancing guess the only way to have that is to pay the extra money to have it privatized?


                       


                      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users