Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!


  • Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#121 Miss Sunshyne

Miss Sunshyne
  • Jr. Member
  • 222 posts

    Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:55 AM

    Hi Valderama :)

     

    That is so awesome!!

     

    My Ceremony will be in the Gazebo and I privatized the Luna Restaurant for the Reception, I'm having Pastor York and DJ Mannia. I'm having Daviel Taveras do my photography. How about you? When are you arriving?, I will be there on the 7th.

     

    Haven't seen any websites beside the picasa album that the resort offers for ideas.

     

    Originally Posted by Valderama 

    Hi sunshyne!
    We're also getting married 11.12.11 at ppc! That is too cool that we'll all be there! We are having our ceremony in the balcony and reception on the beach... So excited. Have you seen any good websites with wedding pics? Have fun planning!



    11.12.2011 "Living for the Love of you" Paradisus Punta Cana

    #122 kokonutte

    kokonutte
    • Newbie
    • 18 posts

      Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:17 AM



      Originally Posted by Janet1480 


      when are you getting married?
       


       



      May 9, 2011!  Just 10 more weeks to go!!  

       

      I just got an updated invoice since I have sent them my wedding planning document.  I asked to have an iPod dock for the reception and they quoted me $100/hr!!!  I think thats just ridiculous.  I asked to bring one from home so I hope that this will be ok.  Also, they don't really tell you this, the cake is included in the price of the package but the decoration isn't.  They are charging me $70 for that.  Ugh, I am getting frusterated.  Oh!!  and just a tip, if anyone is thinking about going on the wedding boat La Barcaza don't book it through Paradisus!!  They were quoting me $75/person so I just booked with the company directly and they are doing it for $60/person!!  I would say book directly with companies where ever possible, I think that Paradisus slaps on an extra fee for handling the booking process for you.

      Anyone else going through the same frustrations?



      #123 brendee2005

      brendee2005
      • Jr. Member
      • 456 posts

        Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:53 AM

        Im so excited to have found this site!!

        Getting married at PPC 10.12.12 booking HDC as my photographer and DJ mannia. But im having such a hard time getting in touch my WC Cemone Glinton, I have many questions! hopefully I'll get my answers here & cross my fingers she emails me back soon!

         

        I gave  myself enough time to plan and save to have my perfect wedding



        #124 Janet1480

        Janet1480
        • Member
        • 709 posts

          Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:08 PM

          not yet but im getting worried because there are quite a few extras that i want and i havent even started looking at costs SCARY

           

          Originally Posted by kokonutte 





          May 9, 2011!  Just 10 more weeks to go!!  

           

          I just got an updated invoice since I have sent them my wedding planning document.  I asked to have an iPod dock for the reception and they quoted me $100/hr!!!  I think thats just ridiculous.  I asked to bring one from home so I hope that this will be ok.  Also, they don't really tell you this, the cake is included in the price of the package but the decoration isn't.  They are charging me $70 for that.  Ugh, I am getting frusterated.  Oh!!  and just a tip, if anyone is thinking about going on the wedding boat La Barcaza don't book it through Paradisus!!  They were quoting me $75/person so I just booked with the company directly and they are doing it for $60/person!!  I would say book directly with companies where ever possible, I think that Paradisus slaps on an extra fee for handling the booking process for you.

          Anyone else going through the same frustrations?




          Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


          #125 EleganceNov2011

          EleganceNov2011
          • Newbie
          • 7 posts

            Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:32 PM

            Hi Kokonutte,

             

            I totally agree with booking the wedding boat directly with them. The prices are so much better! Are you doing any decorations on it? I was talking to Flori and she said that you can either bring your own or she can see what she could do for decorating it. I can't believe that they want to charge 100/hr for the ipod dock! Riduculous!!



            #126 kokonutte

            kokonutte
            • Newbie
            • 18 posts

              Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

              I'm not doing any decorations because I have booked the boat for a welcome dinner rather than a reception.  I'm not sure if it came off this way but I just wanted to be clear that Paradisus wanted to charge $100/hr for the iPod dock not La Barcaza!  Flori has been very good to deal with and is always prompt with information and emails, can't say the same for Paradisus staff unfortunately.



              #127 kokonutte

              kokonutte
              • Newbie
              • 18 posts

                Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:43 PM



                Originally Posted by Janet1480 

                not yet but im getting worried because there are quite a few extras that i want and i havent even started looking at costs SCARY

                 


                 



                Janet, did they send you the calculator??  It is a little confusing and likely your amount will not be the same as theirs in the end but its a good place to start for pricing things out.  Let me know if you have it, if not I can send it your way!



                #128 Valderama

                Valderama
                • Newbie
                • 2 posts

                  Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

                  hi- sent you a PM but forgot to mention that we plan to get there on the 7th as well!  YAY! getting lots of good info from this site!



                  #129 mikeandashwed

                  mikeandashwed
                  • Newbie
                  • 1 posts

                    Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:09 PM

                    Hello Ladies!

                    I am in the beginning stages of planning and I actually came across this forum by accident! Just today I was looking through a book my TA gave me and started looking at the PPC website. I have really gotten a good vibe for this place from what you all have said! I had originally considered Sandals in Jamaica because that was the only name I knew but after some research I have totally forgotten about Jamaica! The pricing for PPC seems to include so much more. I think the only issue might be that airfare may be more.

                     

                    If you all don't mind me picking your brains for opinions I would really appreciate it.

                     

                    1. I would like to get married sooner..... but 9/13/13 is special to us and we will be paying for most of the wedding so we need to save. With that being said, how soon is too soon for STDs? I have the general design done just need to fill in the place.

                     

                    2. Has anyone run into a language issue? I thought I read that the marriage papers needed to be translated? I may have read it wrong.

                     

                    3. I think this is really the opinion question (this may be a different forum and a little off topic but I think that you all can help).... how did you all choose PPC vs. a local venue? I have been getting mixed reviews from people and it makes me second guess my choice. I live in Florida and there are a few resorts/venues where the pricing would be more expensive for us, however cheaper for our guests to fly and stay. The only reason I second guess is because there are a few guests that we would really want to be at our wedding however, they have just announced they have a baby on the way or will be having a baby soon.

                     

                    Anyway...Thank you all for your information so far and I look forward to more pictures, info and ideas!

                    D.R. here we come!!!   



                    #130 Janet1480

                    Janet1480
                    • Member
                    • 709 posts

                      Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:00 PM


                      She did, I opened it up and started getting confused so i didnt invest too much time looking at it. I think they list things as the package and a la carte so i have to iron it all out to figure out if its cheaper to go with one of the packages or just go a la carte
                       

                      Originally Posted by kokonutte 





                      Janet, did they send you the calculator??  It is a little confusing and likely your amount will not be the same as theirs in the end but its a good place to start for pricing things out.  Let me know if you have it, if not I can send it your way!




                      Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users