Jump to content

Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!


  • Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#1081 Ashnicole6

Ashnicole6
  • Newbie
  • 10 posts

    Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

    Just thought of something else, what is every doing for favors/welcome gifts? I was thinking of getting labels made to put on water bottles and had some other cute ideas but am not sure as whatever I choose to do I will have to bring on the plane with me! Any ideas? Thanks!



    #1082 kissta

    kissta
    • Newbie
    • 72 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

    Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:05 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ashnicole6 
     

    Just thought of something else, what is every doing for favors/welcome gifts? I was thinking of getting labels made to put on water bottles and had some other cute ideas but am not sure as whatever I choose to do I will have to bring on the plane with me! Any ideas? Thanks!

    I have made a lot of purchases off of Etsy.com. It's hard because shipping down to Punta Cana is expensive and the resort doesn't want items to come too early before your arrival date. I have asked family members for their carry-ons and have packed those!
    In my welcome bags are: flip flops (got 80 pairs from Old Navy's $1 sale), advil, pepto, aloe, sunscreen, personalized mugs, wedding timelines, door hangers, granola bars, deck of cards, candy. I have also made seperate bags for the children and tweens.
    Check out minimus.biz > I got all the travel-sized sunscreen and individually-wrapped medication there.



    #1083 TishaJules

    TishaJules
    • Newbie
    • 72 posts

      Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

      Hi Ladies...I know I have to tell you all about my wedding. It was wonderful. I am leaving work and PROMISE by tomorrow to post everything including some great pictures. You all will be amazingly pleased with everything. I PROMISE.

      #1084 TishaJules

      TishaJules
      • Newbie
      • 72 posts

        Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

        Every year, the hotels upgrade their contracts. I PROMISE YOU. Every bar has premium liquor so don't waste your money. If your rehersal dinner is in the Gabi Club...the bar is right there so you will be fine.
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Ashnicole6 

        Hello everyone! I am debating whether to upgrade our rehearsal dinner and reception to premium alcohol, but am unsure if it is worth the cost. Can I have any previous bride's input on this? I was told by my wedding planner that you can get premium alcohol at any of the bars in the resort, I want to make sure this is true because if so I don't think it's worth it to upgrade for the reception. I would appreciate any input/advice, thank you!

         



        #1085 TishaJules

        TishaJules
        • Newbie
        • 72 posts

          Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

          Keep your welcome bags more simple! Water may be alot to carry and to ship.
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ashnicole6 

          Just thought of something else, what is every doing for favors/welcome gifts? I was thinking of getting labels made to put on water bottles and had some other cute ideas but am not sure as whatever I choose to do I will have to bring on the plane with me! Any ideas? Thanks!

           



          #1086 kissta

          kissta
          • Newbie
          • 72 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 11, 2013
          • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
          • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

          Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by TishaJules 

          Every year, the hotels upgrade their contracts. I PROMISE YOU. Every bar has premium liquor so don't waste your money. If your rehersal dinner is in the Gabi Club...the bar is right there so you will be fine.
           
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Ashnicole6 
           

          Hello everyone! I am debating whether to upgrade our rehearsal dinner and reception to premium alcohol, but am unsure if it is worth the cost. Can I have any previous bride's input on this? I was told by my wedding planner that you can get premium alcohol at any of the bars in the resort, I want to make sure this is true because if so I don't think it's worth it to upgrade for the reception. I would appreciate any input/advice, thank you!

           

          That's amazing! Thanks for the tip! Really looking forward to your review and picturees TishaJules! Congratulations!! :)



          #1087 Ashnicole6

          Ashnicole6
          • Newbie
          • 10 posts

            Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

            Thank you for the advice! If it isn't worth it for the premium bar i'm definitely not going with it, it's so expensive to upgrade! I can't wait to hear about your wedding Tisha!!

             

            Also, I know it would be a lot to bring water bottles on the plane with me for my guests, but i'm wondering if I could get them once I arrive and just put my custom label on it? Anyone have experience with this? I'm starting to realize I still have a lot of details to plan and i'm freaking out!



            #1088 kissta

            kissta
            • Newbie
            • 72 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 11, 2013
            • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
            • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

            Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:00 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Ashnicole6 
             

            Thank you for the advice! If it isn't worth it for the premium bar i'm definitely not going with it, it's so expensive to upgrade! I can't wait to hear about your wedding Tisha!!

             

            Also, I know it would be a lot to bring water bottles on the plane with me for my guests, but i'm wondering if I could get them once I arrive and just put my custom label on it? Anyone have experience with this? I'm starting to realize I still have a lot of details to plan and i'm freaking out!

            You should ask your Wedding Coordinator if they can provide the water bottles - that would make traveling so much easier. I know you can find awesome labels on Etsy.com to personalize! That would be a great idea!

            Don't worry. It hit me when I was 2 months out that I had a lot to do. I just took a couple weekends and put it all together.
            I also have a spreadsheet going of all my guests, how many welcome bags, arrival times, etc.

            Another helpful tip is that I have put together a "wedding binder" to take down with me. It has all my paid invoices, my romance planner from the resort, and email communication I have had over the year. That way there will be no confusion while I am down there!



            #1089 1Pris

            1Pris
            • Newbie
            • 48 posts

              Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

              You should ask your Wedding Coordinator if they can provide the water bottles - that would make traveling so much easier. I know you can find awesome labels on Etsy.com to personalize! That would be a great idea! Don't worry. It hit me when I was 2 months out that I had a lot to do. I just took a couple weekends and put it all together. I also have a spreadsheet going of all my guests, how many welcome bags, arrival times, etc. Another helpful tip is that I have put together a "wedding binder" to take down with me. It has all my paid invoices, my romance planner from the resort, and email communication I have had over the year. That way there will be no confusion while I am down there!

              Kissta your wedding is coming up!!!

              #1090 kissta

              kissta
              • Newbie
              • 72 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 11, 2013
              • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
              • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

              Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by 1Pris 


              Kissta your wedding is coming up!!!

              I know!! Getting so excited!! We leave next Saturday!! Yours is too 1Pris ... how is all your planning going?






              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users