Photo

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

• Please log in to reply
1229 replies to this topic

#1051 TammyOnFIYA

TammyOnFIYA
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Got my date confirmed! June 9, 2014! I reserved the beachside gazebo... I wanted the beach look without the sand, lol. How much is Arrecife? I'm looking at HDC since they have so many good reviews. I hate that vendor fee though...

#1052 Soon2B2014

Soon2B2014
    • 11 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 11, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
    • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hi Ladies,

After many headaches, my fiance and i finally narrowed down our DW to Paradisus Punta Cana or Paradisus Palma Real for October 2014. We are still debating between the two....any suggestions/recommendations/preferences??

XX

#1053 kissta

kissta
    • 72 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2013
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TammyOnFIYA 

Got my date confirmed! June 9, 2014!
    I reserved the beachside gazebo... I wanted the beach look without the sand, lol.

How much is Arrecife? I'm looking at HDC since they have so many good reviews. I hate that vendor fee though...

Congratulations!

If you ask your contact with the resort to forward you Arrecife's information, they will. I have been in contact with Taimir and she has been fabulous to work with!

Happy planning!

#1054 kissta

kissta
    • 72 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2013
    • LocationPunta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Have any Brides chosen the included wedding cake? Any pictures by any chance?

Thank you :)

#1055 Katie83

Katie83
    • 89 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

ladies,

We are thinking about making dinner reservations for our wedding guests the night before our wedding and then wanted to do a sunset cruise if available.  Does anyone have any information on a Sunset cruise operation??? Also what restaurant would you recommend for a classy sit down dinner the night prior to our wedding with all 45 of our guests??

Lastly,  We wanted to do sparklers at the end of the night , anyone have a company they recommend or size of sparkler either 20" or 36".

All of your input and information is much appreciated!!

#1056 ellies86

ellies86
      • 5 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 18, 2015

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

I love this site! I've been browsing different resorts on this site for months now and finally confirmed at PPC for January 18, 2015. Wanted to do it sooner but wanted to give my guests more than enough time to save $ and also wanted to avoid hurricane season. I am Dominican and visit Punta Cana regularly and love Jan & Feb weather the most. I wanted to book for Valentine's Day 2015 but they were already booked! So I settled for 1/18/15 which is a Sunday but the next day is MLK Day so many people will have the day off work already and won't have to ask for so many vacation days. Any other 2015 brides???

Elizabeth

#1057 sandyphimp

sandyphimp
      • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hi all!

I'll be getting married August 2014 and am so excited! I've read all 102 pages of threads and phew was it overwhelming!! May I ask about how much you all are spending on the total destination wedding packages?? I'm not sure where to set my budget!

Happy planning!

Sandy 

#1058 yalitza0408

yalitza0408
        • 13 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 26, 2014

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by sandyphimp 

Hi all!

I'll be getting married August 2014 and am so excited! I've read all 102 pages of threads and phew was it overwhelming!! May I ask about how much you all are spending on the total destination wedding packages?? I'm not sure where to set my budget!

Happy planning!

Sandy 

Congrats!! I also read all 103 pages and found alot of helpful info.

I set my budget to 15K not including our room and traveling cost. Hopefully I don't go over with the upgrades and add-ons. I'm only have about 50pp so i should be good.

Have you looked over the packages??

Happy Planning!!!

Jolly

#1059 ellies86

ellies86
        • 5 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 18, 2015

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:07 AM

I set my budget at $12,500 for 65 people Aqua package. That includes DJ, Photography and upgrades I plan on making for decorations, flowers, etc. Only thing not included is travel but I plan on using credit card mileage points for that. Hopefully it works out!

#1060 carbinf

carbinf
        • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hi Everyone!

So we are less than a moth out from our wedding (11/9) and I am super nervous that I’m forgetting something or not taking full advantage of something.

We have the Taylor Made Package.  The welcome dinner will be poolside, the ceremony will be on the beach, the cocktail hour will be on the beach (or maybe the grassy area) and the reception will be at one of those semi covered locations (I think it’s called the terrace or something).

Does anyone else feel like they are being way over charged and nicked & dimed on things? I’m just really surprised to be paying NYC similar prices such as the flowers and not getting any breaks.  For example what is up with the outrageous cost for a dance floor or an extra hour to the reception?!?? Or renting a speaker is $116 PER HOUR, I don’t get it!

Any advise you girls may have would be greatly appreciated.  I want to make sure that it’s a great time for all of our guests without breaking the bank here.

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users