Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

Originally Posted by MelanieL018 View Post

Hi PPC Brides!

I was wondering if anyone has used the complimentary WISH package? FI & I moved out of state recently and our wedding is supposed to be June 29th of this year... which is coming up quick! I don't want to deal with starting all over with wedding planning & a destination wedding seems so much easier but since it is just a few months away most likely no one will be able to attend with us. Since it will just be the two of us, it makes more sense to use the free package & have a reception at home later to celebrate.

I have been speaking with Lauren & she sent over the paperwork to book the date, at that time I was informed that the free package is not legal and it is $1,000 extra to make it a legal ceremony.... so we will have to get married here legally first and then have our ceremony at PPC.... but that just means that family & friends will be able to see us get legally married (even if it is just at the courthouse!). I always wanted to get married by the beach -- but with the free package we are only able to use the garden.

Has anyone gotten married at in the garden location.. pros/cons? Is it worth it?

Has anyone ever used the free package but upgraded the location to the gazebo or beach -- or added ceremony decor to the garden location (canopy/aisle).. If so, what were the costs involved with that?

The resort looks amazing and the price is good (compared to other All Inclusive resorts that we have looked at), even with the photographer package and private dinner fees it is the least expensive option that we found... I am just worried that it won't be the "dream wedding" with the location... If anyone has gotten married at the garden location & has pics I would love to see them!! Lauren only sent me one pic, and there aren't any pics of the garden on the house photographers website.

Thanks ladies!! 

Hi LoriOlivia,

Congrats on your beautiful wedding!! And thanks for all the info I'm actually getting married in 1 month 4/4! Were having our welcome cocktail party at the Gabi Restaurant too and I was wondering if you might have taken any pictures of the actual site because my romance planner didn't have any pictures avaiable.

Thanks a bunch,

Kristen

Hi Kristyny2

Are you having the welcome cocktail party at the Gabi Restaurant or the Gabi at the Reserve.  They are two different things (no idea why they couldn't get more creative with the names)

The Gabi Restaurant is new, right on the beach and open to everyone.  It's where we ended up most nights to party (after the wedding too).

It's also one of the spots for the Buffett Lunch & Breakfast during the day.  If you are having it here are they closing part of it off for you?

The Gabi at the Reserve is where we had our welcome cocktail party.  It's on the reserve part of the property which is further from the beach, but closed off to guests not in Royal or Reserve service. We had the lounge to ourselves which was outside in a sandy area with funky lights

http://www.paradisus-puntacana.com/the-reserve.php

We had so many people we cut a deal with them because I believe they charge to privatize this.

Either way you will have a walk through with the romance people on site to confirm all your locations (or change your mind if places are available).

Let me know if you have questions.

I booked it and am so glad I did.  Contact the resort spa department; they don't charge you to reserve it but you have to cancel the reservation 24 hours before you wedding day otherwise you will get charged for the room.  I suggest booking it NOW, even if you're unsure b/c if for some reason they do have another wedding that day (they can do 2 weddings per day) or if there is another event you don't want to be left without the room if you decide you did want it after all.  If I recall correctly the fee was $250 and that includes a bottle of champage and a selection of 4 or 5 cold canapes.  You can always order room service to the room if you want something else to eat - I think the room service fee was only $5, and that's exactly what we did b/c we were hungry and wanted hot food.  It's a nice space to have because your photographer can go and do pics of the bride with moms and bridesmaids etc getting ready in there, its a separate space for you to chill relax and hang out in before the actual wedding.  The hair/makeup girls will go directly to the room and do everything in there, you can get dressed in there etc.  It's a pretty room with a white couch, and mannequin for you to hang your dress on (photo op!) and a cabana just outside the room (again, photo op!).  There's a big restroom, plenty of good lighting, etc.  Its also nice to have b/c the resort staff will decorate your room for your wedding night with roses etc on your bed and will prepare a lovely bubble bath - you won't want them having to move all your stuff around in your room from you and your girls getting ready in there from earlier in the day...or worse yet...the guys getting ready in there!!  

Originally Posted by SexyCebuana View Post

Hi everyone! Does anyone have information about bookin the bridal suite!? Have any past brides used it and is it worth it? 

Originally Posted by maridr2012 View Post

I booked it and am so glad I did.  Contact the resort spa department; they don't charge you to reserve it but you have to cancel the reservation 24 hours before you wedding day otherwise you will get charged for the room.  I suggest booking it NOW, even if you're unsure b/c if for some reason they do have another wedding that day (they can do 2 weddings per day) or if there is another event you don't want to be left without the room if you decide you did want it after all.  If I recall correctly the fee was $250 and that includes a bottle of champage and a selection of 4 or 5 cold canapes.  You can always order room service to the room if you want something else to eat - I think the room service fee was only $5, and that's exactly what we did b/c we were hungry and wanted hot food.  It's a nice space to have because your photographer can go and do pics of the bride with moms and bridesmaids etc getting ready in there, its a separate space for you to chill relax and hang out in before the actual wedding.  The hair/makeup girls will go directly to the room and do everything in there, you can get dressed in there etc.  It's a pretty room with a white couch, and mannequin for you to hang your dress on (photo op!) and a cabana just outside the room (again, photo op!).  There's a big restroom, plenty of good lighting, etc.  Its also nice to have b/c the resort staff will decorate your room for your wedding night with roses etc on your bed and will prepare a lovely bubble bath - you won't want them having to move all your stuff around in your room from you and your girls getting ready in there from earlier in the day...or worse yet...the guys getting ready in there!!  

Thanks chica! I am definitely planning to book it! They did tell me that it does cost 250 to book the bridal suite...what did you mean by "you have to cancel the reservation 24 hours before your wedding day otherwise you will get charged for the room" ? And where is the spa on the resort? So the guys should get ready in one of the other groomsmen room? 

I agree. Reserve the bridal suite. You can call the hotel directly and ask them to connect you to the spa for a quicker response. Ask for the mgr. The apparently are nice but depending on your group size you will want to order room service ($5 if you are not in royal)