Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

1. we had a travel agent that booked all our rooms and also arranged the airport transfer. we used liberty travel. they also had incentives if you book a certain amount of rooms like free welcome cocktail party and free nights. They also create a website for your guests to book directly on. 2. we used the in-house dj that PPC provided. they were good. they asked us for music info a couple of months before we arrived and they played majority of music I requested. They even gave us a mini fireworks show during our first dance. 3. we chose the guacamole (good), brie (not that good), tuna w/ coleslaw (ok), shrimp avocado toast (good). 
Is there anyone specific you worked with at Liberty Travel? Were you happy with your experience with them? If so, can I have their contact info?

Originally Posted by TeresaDR View Post

Is there anyone specific you worked with at Liberty Travel? Were you happy with your experience with them? If so, can I have their contact info?

Here is her contact info. I initially worked with Jaime on the details of the booking and I had LOTS of questions that she answered promptly.

Jaime Levine / Team Leader

Liberty Travel

Group Division- Branch 051

75 Route 4 East, River Edge, NJ 07661

201-342-3850

201-488-9295 (Fax)

800-992-0509 (Cell)

LevineJ@libertytravel.com

And then worked with Samantha on the actual booking of the rooms. My guests also went to Samantha for any questions. They were both very helpful.

Samantha Tiger / Coordinator

Liberty Travel

Branch 051

75 Route 4 East

River Edge, NJ  07661

800-992-0509

201-488-9295 (Fax)

TigerS@libertytravel.com

I was a little weary that they were based in NJ and I was in CA but it worked out fine, no issues.

Hi Ladies

PPC Brides PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I am leaning towards having my November wedding at PPC. In terms of the options for the wedding I have been satisfied with all the information provided to me by the romance team. However my biggest concern right now is the resort. I have become very concerned because off all the negative reviews I have been reading about the resort ( websites like tripadvisor etc). Im so worried and I dont know what to do. I also dont think that I will be able to go to PPC in advance. Most of my guests will be staying at the regular resort, not at royal service or the reserve and I am very worried about having people may money to fly to DR for my wedding and then have the rooms dirty or bad food or not having avaliability or access to restaurants. Any info will help ladies!! Thank you

Originally Posted by engaged1230 View Post

Hi Ladies

I am leaning towards having my November wedding at PPC. In terms of the options for the wedding I have been satisfied with all the information provided to me by the romance team. However my biggest concern right now is the resort. I have become very concerned because off all the negative reviews I have been reading about the resort ( websites like tripadvisor etc). Im so worried and I dont know what to do. I also dont think that I will be able to go to PPC in advance. Most of my guests will be staying at the regular resort, not at royal service or the reserve and I am very worried about having people may money to fly to DR for my wedding and then have the rooms dirty or bad food or not having avaliability or access to restaurants. Any info will help ladies!! Thank you

IMO, the food wasn't that bad and I am pretty picky. There could have been more options at the buffet, but I was always full leaving the buffet. As for the restaurants, there's a good selection of restaurants and I was content with the food we got and we always ordered alot to try a variety. Not sure how big your wedding is but you will most likely get upgraded to royal service so you can make reservations for the restaurant for your group and then have someone else book a reservation for the other part of your group at the same time. Unfortunately, about 8 of us got the runs during and after the trip (out of 26 :(). just make sure to bring pepto for the weak stomachs.

as for the regular resort, since nov is not peak season, the rates won't be too bad. when i was looking last year at rates, i saw rates go down to low $100s for nov which is a really good deal, so I think that price a good deal for the regular resort, i only complained since we went during peak season and i dont think the regular resort rooms were worth peak season prices. you never know, they might get upgraded to the remodeled suites in the regular resort. a few of my guests did :) 

Bottom line, its not the food or the location but the company that will make this a memorable wedding week :) alot of my guests mentioned their concerns after the trip but they still had a great time aside from the hotel issues :)

Hi Ladies

Hi!!!

We didn't get to do a site visit either which had us very worried. But as soon as we got to the resort......we were absolutely happy with our decision to get married there. I had read several negative comments, like about bugs, bad food, etc. I swear none of our family members our friends complained at all or had any problems.

Also- we got upgraded to the royal room. And it was BEAUTIFUL....BUT.........had we not seen the Royal room, we would have been just as happy in one of the regular rooms. The Royal rooms are very nice, but they are super far from the beach and all areas where most of the activities take place. My in laws had a room right near the beach in a regular room and it was a lot easier for them to walk to go eat rather than waiting for the trolley.

We don't regret for one second having gotten married at PPC. We got married this past October and our friends still talk about how much fun they had.

Hope this helps!!!

Hi Ladies

Hi Engaged 1230,

We got married at PPC almost  a year ago (whoa!) and it was amazing!  Here is my review from TripAdvisor:

“Perfect Wedding & Honeymoonâ€
5 of 5 starsReviewed May 25, 2012

person found this review helpful

My husband and I traveled to the PPC April 18-26 for our wedding and honeymoon and it could not have been more perfect! First off, we traveled with 54 other guests, and everyone who is on here complaining must be extremely hard to please. We all had a amazing, relaxing time and we blown away by the beauty of the resort, the quality of service and how accommodating everyone was.

We stayed at the Royal Service and check in took awhile but was easy. We had a ocean front room with a jacuzzi looking over the gazebo. If you are getting married, building 30 is perfect for you wedding day. Our room looked exactly like the pictures online and was cleaned every day. The AC could have been a little colder, but other than that, it was perfect.

The food was okay. We ate at the buffet for breakfast every day, Qi, Gabi Club for our rehearsal dinner, Luna, Rodizo, Vita and Fuego. Our favorite was Fuego, which is an extra charge followed by Vita. My husband is 100% Italian and was impressed by the food at Vita. We also had dinner on the beach, which had excellent food but be weary of sand fleas. A month later I still have remnants of the 10s of bites we had. 

The beach was amazing! There are plenty of chairs and beds, and you never had to get up early to reserve your spot. The beds are amazingly comfortable and I think my husband fell asleep on one every day. The Royal Service and main pool were both great. The Royal service pool being a little cold. Drink came freely and everyone remembered us from our wedding, getting 2 drinks at a time. 

The wedding: perfect cannot even describe how incredible the wedding was! Looking at pictures, it doesn't even look real. Miguelina and Jennifer are absolutely amazing and will go above and beyond and of your expectations. We chose the Aqua package and had 54 guests. They say "no problem" and they actually mean it and things get done. We had our wedding at sunset on the beach followed by the reception at the pool. The setup was beautiful, elegant and the incorporated their decorations with what I brought perfectly. We chose the grill buffet and the food was excellent and the cake... OMG best cake I ever had in my life! The DJ was fun and kept the party going all night. Even the girls at the spa made me and my bridesmaids look our absolute best. They matched the flowers to our colors perfectly and designed a bouquet that looked exactly like the picture I sent to them. I never heard of a wedding going off without a hitch, and ours did. It was a perfect day put together by a great staff, and I would recommend anyone to get married at the PPC.

We had a great experience at PPC and we definitely be going back for an anniversary!