Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

Awesome!  Yes pls let us know how it goes.  What airline are you flying on?  Im curious to know how they'll handle ur dress..

Originally Posted by cdc150 View Post

I leave in 6 days!!!  I can't wait.  I will post a full review upon our return.  :)

I am flying US Air but we bumped ourselves up to first class to hopefully have the dress taken care of properly.  My dress is pretty big so I hope all goes well.

Originally Posted by maridr2012 View Post

Awesome!  Yes pls let us know how it goes.  What airline are you flying on?  Im curious to know how they'll handle ur dress..

CDC150

We flew on Jet Blue - no first class at all.My daughter's dress got folded over luggage in the overhead! It was fine though, she hung it up in the closet when we got there and it was perfect.

I know everything will be wonderful because they all do such a wonderful job. Miguelina is a doll and nothing gets her upset or flustered. You will love her and everyone on the Romance Team, and you will love the resort, too.

Have a gorgeous wedding, wish we were going back there, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am nearing the two month mark and have been making a lot of progress on my planning. I have 43 guests coming and the number is still growing. 

I had my planning call last week with Cemone, she was not really that helpful and seems to really lack a personality. Is anyone else dealing with her? I have spent hours scouring the internet, pinterest etc. for ideas for my wedding so that it will be exactly what I want. I sent her photos and I feel like she is not really understanding my vision, hard to misunderstand when there are photos provided. She is slow to respond and has quoted me prices that seem outrageous, for instance I wanted to upgrade my bouquet and was given a 200 dollar price tag, This coupled with the 160 dollar price for each centerpiece is really pretty crazy. she has failed to quote prices on any other flowers, like the bridesmaids bouquets. I am really frustrated. In fact she sent me an email yesterday which I responded to and she just never answered, so I had to call her today and she seemed to not know who I was and as I was asking her questions she replied well I didn't open your file on my computer. When I called and said who I was she could have said hold on while I open your file so I can answer your questions.

At this point I am beginning to worry about planning something from so far away, I also feel like I see how people can turn into a bridezilla. I chose to do a destination wedding because I am a laid back person and I feel like I am starting to go crazy!!!!! If anyone else is dealing with her and has experienced the same thing lease let me know so I know I am not crazy!

Hey Janine, sorry to hear you're having a hard time. The last thing you need is to feel this anxiety only 2 months out from your wedding!  I have been working with Veronica from the Romance office, she's in the same office as Cemone.  I have absolutely LOVED working with Veronica.  She is extremely helpful, very responsive and is full of ideas.  Just know that the prices they're quoting you for things you're asking for isn't up to them personally.  Veronica has also quoted me on some things that I thought were too pricey, but she's also given me other really nice more affordable options when I explain I can't afford to spend X amount of $ on whatever item it is, and she's full of great ideas.    My wedding is still a bit over 6 months out, and Veronica and I have calls every 2 weeks.  I really didn't want to have to worry about trying to come up with decor, times, etc. only 3 months before.  I've also been communicating on a regular basis with Lara from Carribean Celebrations, the company they use for decorating.  Lara has also been very helpful.

I suggest maybe talking to Cemone and explaining you need more support from her, and if that doesn't work ask for another coordinator..try Veronica.  And, don't feel like you're being a bridezilla or feel bad about asking to work with someone else. These girls are professionals and I'm sure they've dealt with their fair-share of anxious brides...hey its only natural to feel that way!  Best of luck to you!  Keep us posted on your progress and how it goes on your special day @ PPC!

Originally Posted by Janinej9 View Post

Well I am nearing the two month mark and have been making a lot of progress on my planning. I have 43 guests coming and the number is still growing. 

I had my planning call last week with Cemone, she was not really that helpful and seems to really lack a personality. Is anyone else dealing with her? I have spent hours scouring the internet, pinterest etc. for ideas for my wedding so that it will be exactly what I want. I sent her photos and I feel like she is not really understanding my vision, hard to misunderstand when there are photos provided. She is slow to respond and has quoted me prices that seem outrageous, for instance I wanted to upgrade my bouquet and was given a 200 dollar price tag, This coupled with the 160 dollar price for each centerpiece is really pretty crazy. she has failed to quote prices on any other flowers, like the bridesmaids bouquets. I am really frustrated. In fact she sent me an email yesterday which I responded to and she just never answered, so I had to call her today and she seemed to not know who I was and as I was asking her questions she replied well I didn't open your file on my computer. When I called and said who I was she could have said hold on while I open your file so I can answer your questions.

At this point I am beginning to worry about planning something from so far away, I also feel like I see how people can turn into a bridezilla. I chose to do a destination wedding because I am a laid back person and I feel like I am starting to go crazy!!!!! If anyone else is dealing with her and has experienced the same thing lease let me know so I know I am not crazy!

Janine, 

I too am dealing with Cemone for my wedding at PPC on October 19th. I have spoken with her over the phone only once and I did think she lacked some personality. It has now been 2 days since I have emailed her with the areas I would like to have my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception as well as pictures of possible decor and flowers for quoting and I have yet to hear from her. I can understand that some of the pricing might take some time but a response of some sort would be nice. Also, the invoice she sent me did not have the correct package on it and I have asked her to correct this and email me a copy of the new invoice and I have yet to receive that. It's a bit frustrating to try and plan a destination wedding when you don't get much response from your coordinator. You are definitely not crazy!

Originally Posted by Janinej9 View Post

Thank you girls for responding, Maridr2012, thank you for the advice! It sounds like you are having a much better experience than I am. Leila29, This is exactly what I am dealing with. when I email her there is no response, it is very frustrating and she also is quoting me prices on the wrong items. Thank you for assuring me I am not going insane :)

Janine-

I went ahead and contacted Lara with Caribbean Celebrations. She was quick to respond so I have sent her some pictures of my ideas to get some pricing. I explained to her that I have been working with Cemone with the Romance Team and wanted to make sure that getting some quotes on the decor through her wouldn't complicate things. I will let you know how she responds but her original email made it seem like it would be no problem. I feel like as long as Cemone knows which package I want and the locations of the the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception than the other details can be dealt with straight through Lara. Hopefully I am not complicating things... we shall see!:)

Yay!  Congrats on your wedding!  Beautiful pic by the way : )  Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!  You'll be bombarded with 100 questions by me and all the other brides, haha.

Originally Posted by cdc150 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I just got back from our wedding and everything was PERFECT!  More details to come but yours will be amazing!