Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

Here's the site  www.weddingboatpuntacana.com

They pick you up and you travel down the coast of Bavaro beach and stop at the natural pools. They have a whole selection of options for your reception and dinner etc...We have decided on the Grill for dinner and then bringing our own music on an Ipod. We are thinking that 3 hours will be enough time but see what happens!

Hopefully this helps!

Happy planning!!

Hi Ladies!

It's been awhile since my last post but I just started hammering down some more wedding details since I took a break over the holidays:)

Questions for everyone:

1) When do you pay the outside photographer fee?

2) We are planning on having an informal welcome/get together dinner and was wondering if any of you had suggestions as to which restaurant might be best for this and

3) Is anyone trying to organize a lunch for their bridesmaids and other girls the day of the wedding?  I am getting my hair done at the Spa on my wedding day and I thought it would be nice to have lunch for all my girls.  Some of them will be getting ready there with me and others will just come for lunch.  Mayra, at the spa has gotten back with me and said that we can have lunch but is pushing for us to rent out the Garden Villa since there will be around 12 women.  The Villa is $200 an hour - plus the cost for lunch!  If anyone has been to the Spa, can you tell me if there is a room to set up a lunch buffet in or if there is even room to accommodate a request like this?

Thanks everyone!

Megan

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All :)

I'm a newbie. this is my first post however i have been reading a ton of these forums and they are VERY helpful! so a big thank you to everyone who takes the time to post!

I booked PPC and I am getting married on Oct 25th 2011! I cant wait. I am not very far in my planning, I do know that I want a ceremony on the beach and my reception on the beach but I am so confused because there are SO many options but everything seems to cost more and more. I can't even really start planning until i have all my confirmed guests because it looks like most packages are only allowed a certain # of guests and every extra guests cost more. Could add up :-S

The only things i have done are: My colors are picked, Photographer done, and invitations done. THATS it....my list of to-do is still SO long! but its all so fun that I cant complain! ha-ha

nice to meet all of you ladies and happy planning!

P.S my FI and I have been to PPC. We went in 2009 for our anniversary and absolutely fell in love with the resort which is why we chose to go back for our wedding so I would be happy to provide input for anyone who would like it :)

Originally Posted by amyUGA View Post

Hey Everyone!  Reading these posts have been so helpful. Thanks so much.  

I'm torn between the PPR and the PPC.  If you are/were considering both of these resorts and went with PPC, how did you come to your decision?  Thanks!

Welcome amyUGA! I decided on the PPC because it's much more affordable for our guests. We plan to go to PPR for a second week for our honeymoon after our guests leave.

Im getting married in PPR in just about 2 more months, I can't wait!! I chose PPR because I LOVE the way PPR looks! I totally fell in love with the Plaza Colonial where I am having my cocktail party. I know PPR is more expensive but I just couldn't say no to it and after all it is one of a life-time event.

love.gif

wedding website

Hey,

I haven't officially booked my date yet but I am hoping for May 2012.  I have been reading the posts and am getting nervous about the extra costs.  I know the extra cost per person for a reception of over 24 people, but what else is extra, and does anyone maybe have a list from the resort of extras??  Since I haven't even booked my date yet I don't know if they would get back to me. 

Thanks!