Jump to content

Photo

Favors for Cruise Weddings?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Dream43011

Dream43011
  • Newbie
  • 19 posts

    Posted 09 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

    I'm planning on doing OOT bags for all sailing guests (and distributing at Bon Voyage Party the week before we leave for the cruise)...but I'm stumped what to give to all guests at the actual wedding as favors?  Any ideas? 



    #2 katieandaron

    katieandaron
    • Newbie
    • 35 posts

      Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:16 AM



      Originally Posted by Dream43011 

      I'm planning on doing OOT bags for all sailing guests (and distributing at Bon Voyage Party the week before we leave for the cruise)...but I'm stumped what to give to all guests at the actual wedding as favors?  Any ideas? 


      I'm in the same situation.  I think my OOT "bags" are going to be simple- just a mug from discountmugs.com with some goodies stuffed inside (free pens from Vista, Tylenol, etc.).  We'll give them out at the Bon Voyage party, or as people check in?  Haven't decided yet...

       

      Then at the wedding, we'll pass out these cruise ship luggage tags as favors: http://www.weddingfa...Tag-p/13008.htm



      #3 Dream43011

      Dream43011
      • Newbie
      • 19 posts

        Posted 10 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

        My fiance thinks it's stupid to have favors for the wedding itself.  He insists that people will leave them behind & we'll get stuck taking them home with us! haha  I think he just doesn't want me spending anymore money! haha

         

        I thought about maybe doing personalized photo albums as favors (and doing one per couple?)...but then you have to worry about transporting them on the plane & onto the cruise.  Let me know if you decide on favors!

         

        I ordered the deluxe tote bags from vistaprint for all the girls (it was only about 50 dollars for 10 of them) with out logo & dates of the cruise.  They turned out really cute!  I'm probably just going to make small bags to put inside them with travel sized products, I got the matching pens from vistaprint too), stuff like that...

         

        You're having a Bon Voyage Party too?  How fun! (we're having ours the Saturday before we leave  for the cruise (at our house)...which also happens to be my 30th birthday!).  I already ordered the invitations from Vistaprint (do you see a theme developing here? haha).  I ordered the oversized postcareds with a picture on the one side that looks like the rail of cruiseship with two tropical drinks (with umbrellas) on the picture!  They turned out really cute too!

         



        #4 katieandaron

        katieandaron
        • Newbie
        • 35 posts

          Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

          Haha, those are exactly the postcards we used for our engagement party invites!  They came out beautifully! 

           

          We're calling it a Bon Voyage party instead of a rehearsal dinner (because we won't be able to rehearse anything!).  But really it'll just be dinner at a restaurant near our hotel the night before the cruise. 

           

          I got one of the free totes from VistaPrint and I'm debating doing the totes or the mugs, but I think my family, at least, would get more use out of the mugs, for mixing drinks in the cabin...  I may do totes for just my bridesmaids?

           

          I like the album idea!  But it sounds heavy!  I think we'll end up shipping stuff to the hotel, rather than flying with it?  Who knows!



          #5 Dream43011

          Dream43011
          • Newbie
          • 19 posts

            Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:11 AM

            Yes!  those postcards did turn out beautiful!  That's funny that you ordered the same ones! haha

             

            We plan on having something for everyone the night before (for everyone staying at the hotel with us)...we'll probably call it a Welcome party?  We haven't decided on a hotel yet.  Once we do, we'll see if they have a restraunt in the hotel?  Or one close by?  We're leaving from Port Canaveral.  Which port are you leaving from?

             

            I got a few of the free totes too, but I didn't think they were big enough for the girls to hold beach towels, and stuff for the beach (which is why I ordered the larger versions).  And at about 5 bucks each, they're MUCH nicer than the smaller ones!

             

            I'm not having a bridal party.  Just me walking down the aisle...

             

            I was thinking the same thing about the albums...which is why I'm thinking it might not be the best idea.  I do plan on sending a CD of all the pictures I take on the cruise to all those who come on the cruise for the week (figure it will only be 2 or 3 dollars per CD to have them made at target or somewhere).  Maybe sending the photo albums in the mail with the CDs would be a thought?  I guess I still have plenty of time to decide.

             

            Working on the invitations (moreso wording) now...have you ordered yours?



            #6 mimi73

            mimi73
            • Jr. Member
            • 282 posts

              Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

              We did OOT bags with lots of beach and hangover stuff to hand out as our guests arrive. In lieu of wedding table favours we decided to make a donation to the Vancouver Childrens hospital on behalf of all our guests. It is a charity that is very close to our hearts. We will have a card informing our guests of the donation, as well our Best Man will make the small announcement after the dinner.


              http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png


              Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

              #7 katieandaron

              katieandaron
              • Newbie
              • 35 posts

                Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:51 AM



                Originally Posted by Dream43011 

                Yes!  those postcards did turn out beautiful!  That's funny that you ordered the same ones! haha

                 

                We plan on having something for everyone the night before (for everyone staying at the hotel with us)...we'll probably call it a Welcome party?  We haven't decided on a hotel yet.  Once we do, we'll see if they have a restraunt in the hotel?  Or one close by?  We're leaving from Port Canaveral.  Which port are you leaving from?

                 

                I got a few of the free totes too, but I didn't think they were big enough for the girls to hold beach towels, and stuff for the beach (which is why I ordered the larger versions).  And at about 5 bucks each, they're MUCH nicer than the smaller ones!

                 

                I'm not having a bridal party.  Just me walking down the aisle...

                 

                I was thinking the same thing about the albums...which is why I'm thinking it might not be the best idea.  I do plan on sending a CD of all the pictures I take on the cruise to all those who come on the cruise for the week (figure it will only be 2 or 3 dollars per CD to have them made at target or somewhere).  Maybe sending the photo albums in the mail with the CDs would be a thought?  I guess I still have plenty of time to decide.

                 

                Working on the invitations (moreso wording) now...have you ordered yours?

                 

                Yeah, if I do totes for the bridesmaids I'll choose the larger size.  The free one is definitely not big enough for beach gear.

                 

                We're cruising out of Miami.  We're staying in the Holiday Inn that's right by the Port and I think we're doing dinner some place in the Bayside Marketplace?  The groom's parents are in charge though, and they're pretty excited about picking the perfect place :)  So we'll see!

                 

                I think sending CDs out after the wedding is a great idea.  I think when we get back I'll want to wash my hands of doing anything else! 

                 

                Yes, our invitations have been ordered.  I'm actually working on addressing them now to send out pretty soon.  We have an early RSVP date (end of January) so I want to encourage people to book!  We have about 25 booked so far...

                 

                The wording for the invitations I used is:

                 

                [my parents' names]

                Request the pleasure of your company

                At the marriage of

                [my name, including middle]

                and

                [groom's name, including middle]

                On the fourteenth day of April, 2011

                At half past ten in the morning

                Aboard the Carnival Destiny

                Port of Miami, Florida

                Please RSVP by January 31, 2011, at

                [our website]

                 

                I have different spacing, so it doesn't look all jumbled, but you get the idea :)

                 

                I also got 4 free tshirts from Vistaprint to give to my parents and the groom's parents, with the name of the ship and the date!  And baseball caps for me and him saying "bride" and "groom."  Love Vistaprint!
                 



                #8 goodtoglow

                goodtoglow
                • Newbie
                • 110 posts

                  Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:17 AM



                  Originally Posted by mimi73 

                  We did OOT bags with lots of beach and hangover stuff to hand out as our guests arrive. In lieu of wedding table favours we decided to make a donation to the Vancouver Childrens hospital on behalf of all our guests. It is a charity that is very close to our hearts. We will have a card informing our guests of the donation, as well our Best Man will make the small announcement after the dinner.


                  I think we will be doing the same thing, except our donation will go to Canadian Cancer Society and Crossroads Hospice in Port Moody. I've asked a lot of our friends what they think about favors and they all said that so many people will forget them and to not bother doing them. A donation to these charities has so much value to us so that is what we are doing!

                  I'm not sure if we are doing OOT bags, because everyone is going to be bringing what they need anyway. I may do something small along with the welcome letter (hand sanitizer, advil for the hangover)!



                  #9 hunniebee724

                  hunniebee724
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 340 posts

                    Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

                    We did personalized mint tins for favors.  We had about 10 extra and ended up with none left at the end of the reception!  We were glad we remembered to leave 2 at home for ourselves!  We also did OOT bags for our sailing guests (not all of our guests were sailing).



                    #10 Dream43011

                    Dream43011
                    • Newbie
                    • 19 posts

                      Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

                      I thought about doing the personalized mint tins too!  Thinking those would be pretty easy to transport onto the ship!  Which ones did you order if you don't mind me asking?  From which site?






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users