Well i ordered them yesterday and aparently they are already shipped!  I bought the boxes and such and i see what you mean for the shipping costs (i'm in Canada) but overall it still was cheaper than other places. Thank you for the information, now to figure out what i'm going to do with them. Do you have pictures of what you did?

Originally Posted by DiamondGirl View Post

I forgot to mention that if you don't want to pay extra to get the invitations printed, you can print them yourself. It's easy to do, but I didn't want to bother with it since my schedule is pretty hectic with work and everyday life. LOL

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by dcairns View Post

Well i ordered them yesterday and aparently they are already shipped!  I bought the boxes and such and i see what you mean for the shipping costs (i'm in Canada) but overall it still was cheaper than other places. Thank you for the information, now to figure out what i'm going to do with them. Do you have pictures of what you did?

Yes, take a look at my thread.....Beachy message in a bottle wedding invitations. I posted pics of the bottles all put together, invitation and response cards.

I am in Canada also, Ontario, and shipping cost more than my order, but I couldn't find anything locally.

I haven't received them yet, but I am going to fill the bottom with sand and shells and put my invites inside. Thinking I might print off monogram stickers for the outsides of the bottles, but not sure yet.

I am also sending passports with all the travel information and boarding pass reply cards.

Just wanted to share that my bottles came in! They are perfect for what I want to do.

Shipping was super fast. I ordered the bottles last Thursday and they arrived the following Monday.

Now all I need to do is buy paper, pick a date and start printing ... but to do that I need my laptop back (it crashed and has my completed passports and boarding passes).

• 2 weeks later...

aww that sucks... I am happy with my bottles. Going to have a powow with my MOH this weekend to set them all up (have 45 to do!)

Did you have templates for your passports?? Would love to see them! Did you get glass or plastic bottles?

Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave View Post

Just wanted to share that my bottles came in! They are perfect for what I want to do.

Shipping was super fast. I ordered the bottles last Thursday and they arrived the following Monday.

Now all I need to do is buy paper, pick a date and start printing ... but to do that I need my laptop back (it crashed and has my completed passports and boarding passes).

I have templates for the passports, but they are in In Design (Adobe program).

If you search passport templates on this forum, you will find a tonne.

Not sure what I am mailing them in yet. We didn't order the boxes with the bottles, because they don't have room for the additional stuff I am sending, passports and boarding passes.

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by Amanda+Dave View Post

So excited. I just ordered glass bottles, sand and shells for DIY message in a bottle invites.

We are skipping the whole STD thing and going straight with invitations to get the most information to people as soon as possible.

We are renting a villa, or two, in Costa Rica, and need to find out how many people are on board for sure, so we know how many villas to rent for the week of Nov. 13-20,2011.

I know it's early to send out full invites, but we think it is the best way to get the info to people so that they can start saving and planning their trip.

Closer to the wedding, we will send something else out to everyone, maybe a brochure or newsletter-type mail out.

Anybody else send their invites right away?

We are doing message in a bottles for the actual wedding invitation, with passports full of information on Costa Rica, Manuel Antonio (the area we are staying), the main villa (Casa de la Brisas), other villas nearby, activities, etc. as well as boarding passes for the reply cards.

Got the idea from another BDW bride a while ago and am so excited to start planning. All I have to figure out now are the boxes...

Have you gotten an estimate on what shipping will be per invitation?