Photo

Makeup at Gran bahia Principe Jamaica Salon - Do it yourself or Hire someone?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leilanii

Leilanii
  • Site Supporter
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 04:10 PM

Hello Ladies

I am a few months away from my wedding in Jamaica and am contemplating whether to apply my own makeup or hire someone. Is there anyone who has or is going to hire someone to do their make-up? If so, did you book the salon (specifically the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica salon) weeks in advance or when you were there? (for hair, makeup etc.) Also, was it worth the money?

Thanks!!

#2 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
    • 173 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

My WC has booked me in for hairstyle there. I have decided to do my own make up, purely because i dont want them to use hideous colours on me. They might do it really well, who knows! I have recently spent a small fortune on Bobbi Brown range make up and have had a couple of lessons to show me how to apply. I just hope it goes right on the day. Hair is something i am never too great at, so i am just hoping they do a good job.

#3 Leilanii

Leilanii
      • Site Supporter
      • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

Hi Susan....I was worried about the same thing... hideous colours I may not like. I never heard of Bobbi Brown before.. is that a good brand name for makeup? Did you go to a local salon to get some lessons done or did you go to one of those makeup kiosks they have at the mall?

As for the hair, I'm in the same boat as you.. I would rather let someone else do it ( with fingers crossed they do it nicely). :)

#4 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
        • 173 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

I went into John Lewis, to one of the make up stands and colours to match my skin were tried out, i was also shown how to get the look. Bobbi Brown is a good brand but is oh so expensive...kind of addictive though once you start buying the products

Hi Susan....I was worried about the same thing... hideous colours I may not like. I never heard of Bobbi Brown before.. is that a good brand name for makeup? Did you go to a local salon to get some lessons done or did you go to one of those makeup kiosks they have at the mall?

As for the hair, I'm in the same boat as you.. I would rather let someone else do it ( with fingers crossed they do it nicely). :)

#5 soontobemrsdow

soontobemrsdow
          • 250 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

I guess I'm lucky because one of my friends is a make up artist so shes doing it as her gift to me but as for hair I'm in the same boat as you guys hoping they do a good job, but I'm not too worrid because I don't want an updo and those are probably eaiser to make you look stupid with lol.

#6 lonz

lonz
            • Banned
            • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:12 AM

There's a makeup artist called LONI JONES in Jamaica. she used to work for NARS... She's really good! She's has a Facebook page too. check it out - She's one of the best in the island apparently!

http://www.facebook....82104940?ref=ts

http://www.facebook....?gid=8739177547

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users