Photo

Help with slightly unsual DW!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 niajs

niajs
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:06 AM

Hey guys, I am still a newbie, although I have posted hello before. I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, as I'm still getting used to this forum, so please point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place (tried to search but wasn't sure what I was searching for!).

My DW is slightly unusual in that it's abroad (about as far away as you can get!) but it's not in a resort, so our guests will be all over the place. It may also not be that hot, so I can't necessarily use a lot of the amazing ideas I've come across on here, like fans for the ceremony. It'll be in a church and a hotel, just as if I was getting married at home.

Has anyone else planned a wedding like this?

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:13 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! When and where are you getting married?

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 niajs

niajs
      • 214 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by vlynnw 

Congrats and welcome to the forum! When and where are you getting married?

I'm getting married in August 2012 in Australia. It still seems so far away. FI wanted to give guests 2 years notice so that they could save up but I just want it to be NOW! I'm super organised, so like to keep doing little things as I go along.

#4 gersbja

gersbja
        • 152 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 09:34 AM

Congrats!!!!! 

I orginally wanted to get married in Sedona AZ... And thought of doing the same things as you are doing, just like i would do at home.  Have you possibly looking into renting a big house?  Sedona had huge houses you can rent there where they can hold up to 12+ people... I am not sure how many guests you are planning on having.  But i thought i would share.  But after much research i decided not to do Sedona anymore... Hoping for Jamaica :)

But good luck and happy planning!

#5 SassyCass

SassyCass
          • 155 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 05:18 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the forum!

#6 niajs

niajs
            • 214 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by gersbja 

Congrats!!!!! 

I orginally wanted to get married in Sedona AZ... And thought of doing the same things as you are doing, just like i would do at home.  Have you possibly looking into renting a big house?  Sedona had huge houses you can rent there where they can hold up to 12+ people... I am not sure how many guests you are planning on having.  But i thought i would share.  But after much research i decided not to do Sedona anymore... Hoping for Jamaica :)

But good luck and happy planning!

Oh I love Jamaica! Went there last summer when a colleague got married. I think it was an empty invitation really as I don't think she expected us to come but we did! They got married at Sandals Montego Bay, but we stayed at the Rose Hall Resort as it was a bit cheaper. I would go back in a hearbeat

#7 Punta Cana Weddings

Punta Cana Weddings
              • Banned
              • 217 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 04:55 AM

!!!   You will love this site. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

My Punta Cana Weddings

5u84f48n.gif

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com

#8 cgeris

cgeris
                • 159 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

australia would be so amazing!

#9 karyan

karyan
                  • 184 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

Do you know where in Australia you'll be getting married? There are lots of beautiful spots about an 1 or so from most of the major cities, that way you could get everyone to stay in one spot (cheaper) and you're a bit off the beaten track.

#10 niajs

niajs
                    • 214 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hi Karyan,

I'm getting married in Sydney (it's all booked - yey!). Other than close family, I don't think it's going to be feasible to have everyone stay in the same place. As we've given plenty of notice, some people are using it as an opportunity to have a "holiday of a lifetime" and will be staying out there for a month or so, which means they'll be moving around a bit. I think, logistically, it would be a bit hard to arrange for people to arrive on different dates. Plus, some people have family in or around Sydney who they'll be staying with.

I get so frustrated when I see great ideas on here which won't really work because of the way our wedding is going to be.

Whereabouts are you in Australia and where are you getting married?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users