Jump to content

Photo

Book Club 2010


  • Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#191 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,218 posts

    Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

    I'm so glad you guys love it! They are so good! And yes you can totally join in!!!



    #192 Crystalballl

    Crystalballl
    • Jr. Member
    • 406 posts

      Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

      Finished Hunger Games.  I enjoyed it.  I will have to pick up the next 2 books. 



      #193 Banksnelson

      Banksnelson
      • Newbie
      • 109 posts

        Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

        I was kinda slacking on my reading but today I had jury duty and got to read about 50pgs while I was waiting haha. So I'm almost done and look forward to reading all three!



        #194 CSandCK2

        CSandCK2
        • Member
        • 563 posts

          Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

          I have to say that this book club idea is fantastic!  The Hunger Games series is fantastic and if it weren't for this group, I probably never would've picked them up....now off to Chapters to pick up the third book since I couldn't put the first two down in the series.



          #195 Birdie07

          Birdie07
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,218 posts

            Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:37 PM



            Yay! So glad you loved them. People are scared sometimes to branch out but its so great when you find such a good book!!

            Originally Posted by CSandCK2 

            I have to say that this book club idea is fantastic!  The Hunger Games series is fantastic and if it weren't for this group, I probably never would've picked them up....now off to Chapters to pick up the third book since I couldn't put the first two down in the series.





            #196 Teira1031

            Teira1031
            • Member
            • 766 posts

              Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

              I agree, I had never even heard of this series and probably never would have because it's just not the genre of books I usually read. So glad it was chosen, I've been recommending it to everybody!

              #197 Oryx

              Oryx
              • Member
              • 727 posts

                Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

                I just finished the Hunger Game -- great read, I really enjoyed it!   Although I thought the ending was a little abrupt... now I have to buy the next book.  :)



                #198 Birdie07

                Birdie07
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,218 posts

                  Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:36 PM


                  We are doing all 3 for this month and last month. We will discuss on January 12. Glad you liked it. I think the ending is abrupt b/c it's a series and picks up in book 2. :)

                  Originally Posted by Oryx 

                  I just finished the Hunger Game -- great read, I really enjoyed it!   Although I thought the ending was a little abrupt... now I have to buy the next book.  :)





                  #199 Canadiansandy

                  Canadiansandy
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 355 posts

                    Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

                    I'm so excited we're doing all 3! I've read the first 2 so far, and I'm saving the last one for our flights to Mexico on Wednesday. These books are amaaaaazing!! I'm thrilled someone suggested Hungers Games, because I never would have picked it up otherwise. This book club is off to a great start! :)

                     

                    See you in the new year for some great discussion!


                    Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

                    #200 Birdie07

                    Birdie07
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,218 posts

                      Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:53 PM


                      Ooh. Have fun in Mexico! I'm so glad everyone loves the books! Can't wait to discuss! Have a safe trip!

                      Originally Posted by Canadiansandy 

                      I'm so excited we're doing all 3! I've read the first 2 so far, and I'm saving the last one for our flights to Mexico on Wednesday. These books are amaaaaazing!! I'm thrilled someone suggested Hungers Games, because I never would have picked it up otherwise. This book club is off to a great start! :)

                       

                      See you in the new year for some great discussion!








                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users