Photo

Book Club 2010

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#191 Birdie07

Birdie07
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:49 AM

I'm so glad you guys love it! They are so good! And yes you can totally join in!!!

#192 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
    • 406 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

Finished Hunger Games.  I enjoyed it.  I will have to pick up the next 2 books. 

#193 Banksnelson

Banksnelson
      • 109 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

I was kinda slacking on my reading but today I had jury duty and got to read about 50pgs while I was waiting haha. So I'm almost done and look forward to reading all three!

#194 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
        • 563 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

I have to say that this book club idea is fantastic!  The Hunger Games series is fantastic and if it weren't for this group, I probably never would've picked them up....now off to Chapters to pick up the third book since I couldn't put the first two down in the series.

#195 Birdie07

Birdie07
          • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

Yay! So glad you loved them. People are scared sometimes to branch out but its so great when you find such a good book!!

Originally Posted by CSandCK2 

I have to say that this book club idea is fantastic!  The Hunger Games series is fantastic and if it weren't for this group, I probably never would've picked them up....now off to Chapters to pick up the third book since I couldn't put the first two down in the series.

#196 Teira1031

Teira1031
            • 766 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

I agree, I had never even heard of this series and probably never would have because it's just not the genre of books I usually read. So glad it was chosen, I've been recommending it to everybody!

#197 Oryx

Oryx
              • 727 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:48 AM

I just finished the Hunger Game -- great read, I really enjoyed it!   Although I thought the ending was a little abrupt... now I have to buy the next book.  :)

#198 Birdie07

Birdie07
                • 1,218 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

We are doing all 3 for this month and last month. We will discuss on January 12. Glad you liked it. I think the ending is abrupt b/c it's a series and picks up in book 2. :)

Originally Posted by Oryx 

I just finished the Hunger Game -- great read, I really enjoyed it!   Although I thought the ending was a little abrupt... now I have to buy the next book.  :)

#199 Canadiansandy

Canadiansandy
                  • 355 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

I'm so excited we're doing all 3! I've read the first 2 so far, and I'm saving the last one for our flights to Mexico on Wednesday. These books are amaaaaazing!! I'm thrilled someone suggested Hungers Games, because I never would have picked it up otherwise. This book club is off to a great start! :)

See you in the new year for some great discussion!

Sandy & Aaron ~ May 4, 2011 ~ Dreams Palm Beach, Punta Cana ------ Bride & Groom + 30 booked! (and counting)

#200 Birdie07

Birdie07
                    • 1,218 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 03:53 PM

Ooh. Have fun in Mexico! I'm so glad everyone loves the books! Can't wait to discuss! Have a safe trip!

Originally Posted by Canadiansandy 

I'm so excited we're doing all 3! I've read the first 2 so far, and I'm saving the last one for our flights to Mexico on Wednesday. These books are amaaaaazing!! I'm thrilled someone suggested Hungers Games, because I never would have picked it up otherwise. This book club is off to a great start! :)

See you in the new year for some great discussion!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users