• 1,218 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:36 AM

Still waiting on some suggestions. :)

#113 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:44 AM

My book arrived on Friday & I'm more than 200 pages in already!! I'm LOVING it!!

Calia - maybe you could PM the other girls?? They might not check this thread regularly...

#114 Birdie07

Birdie07
        • 1,218 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:14 PM

I sent PM's, just in case they don't read this thread often.

#115 Teira1031

Teira1031
          • 766 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Finished Room yesterday! Great book! Cant wait to start the next one :)

#116 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Just finished!! OMG...loved it! GREAT suggestion!! And I just read the "about the author" and she's Canadian...and only lives about an hour from me! I will definitely be looking to read more of her books!

Has everyone read it now? If so, can we discuss it earlier than the 12th?? No pressure for those that haven't read it yet, I was just wondering!

I'm very excited to get started on the next book...in the meantime I will finish the one I put down to read Room!

#117 Crystalballl

Crystalballl
              • 406 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

Glad you enjoyed it.  One of the reasons that intrigued me to pick it was because she is Canadian!! 

Originally Posted by BachataBride 

Just finished!! OMG...loved it! GREAT suggestion!! And I just read the "about the author" and she's Canadian...and only lives about an hour from me! I will definitely be looking to read more of her books!

Has everyone read it now? If so, can we discuss it earlier than the 12th?? No pressure for those that haven't read it yet, I was just wondering!

I'm very excited to get started on the next book...in the meantime I will finish the one I put down to read Room!

#118 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
                • 218 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

I didn't even notice she was Canadian!  I thought it was cool when I finished Book of Negroes that the author lives close to us.

#119 Geralyn

Geralyn
                  • 2,677 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by lyndsay_h 

I didn't even notice she was Canadian!  I thought it was cool when I finished Book of Negroes that the author lives close to us.

How did you like The Book of Negroes? I have that on my to read list.

I finished Room in 3 days...very quick read! Can't wait to see what the next book is...in the mean time I just started The Help today.

#120 lyndsay_h

lyndsay_h
                    • 218 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:11 AM

It was a great story, I stayed up way too late reading it because I didn't want to leave off at a depressing spot...but most of the book is pretty sad.  I just heard about The Help today, I think I'll look for it to read next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users