Newbie- need suggestions for a travel agent and wedding planner for Cabo

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 jennimai

• 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:32 PM

My fiance and I have been together for 8 years and engaged for a year (clearly I'm in no rush!) We have gone back and forth between Cabo, Tahoe, or a Yacht cruise on the SF Bay. We care more about creating a fun weekend than having the perfect flowers.  So here we are.. leaning towards Cabo (AGAIN!) We are considering Dreams resort in Cabo or Cabo Azul. I would appreciate suggestion for a travel agent (majority of our guests are coming from the San Francisco area) as well as a wedding planner in Cabo (that doesn't cost a fortune!)

#2 JaimeCF2BR

• 408 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 07:42 PM

Welcome Jenni!

All 3 of those are fabulous ideas!!

A lot of resorts in Cabo have a wedding planner included in their wedding packages (I'm pretty sure Dreams is one of them), so be sure to check that before paying $ for one. 

#3 ClaireC

• 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

I am using Katie Thompson of Dazzle 'em to plan my March 2011 wedding in Cabo.  She's amazing and very responsive.  I highly recommend her. 

Katie Thompson
        Event Designer/Owner

An International Wedding & Events Company
        Cell- U.S.: 760-613-6211 
        Cell-Mexico: 011-521-624-127-8246
        Blog: www.dazzle-em.blogspot.com

#4 Punta Cana Weddings

Punta Cana Weddings
        • Banned
        • 217 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:23 AM

Congratulations & !!! You will love this site. Have fun planning your dream wedding!

My Punta Cana Weddings

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com

#5 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hi Jennimai, welcome to the forum. In terms of the resorts I can't suggest one from the other but I do know that under our vendors section you may be able to connect with a TA that can serve your needs there. Good luck and happy planning!

#6 normamichelle

• 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:58 PM

Hi and Welcome!!!

I actually just paid my deposit for Cabo Azul today!!! I started planning about 3 months ago and took my sweet time!!! I think the resort is beautiful, the staff is friendly and the reviews and videos of previous weddings there were amazing!!! I know that the resort has an in-house coordinator but I felt a little more comfortable hiring one of my own just so she can handle everything for me.. it's hard planning a DW!!! I have spoken to about every coordinator in the area and I have it narrowed down!! Let me know if you need additional info on costs etc!! Welcome again and good luck!!

#7 katierenae

• 117 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

Congrats on your engagement and welcome to the forum!!  Happy planning :)

#8 JenK

• 302 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:29 PM

Congrats and happy planning!! Check out the Cabo forum for some great info!

#9 jennimai

• 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:31 AM

Congratulations! I look forward to being able to say "we decided & we booked!"

I would love any information you can pass along about the wedding coordinator you chose and Cabo Azul Resort.

Did you get a group rate at Cabo Azul?

How many people are you estimating?

My heart was set on Cabo Azul but now we are leaning towards all-inclusive because we have such a large drinking crowd an those bar bills can add up!!!

Thank you VERY much for your help!

#10 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 07:32 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users