Are these earrings too cheesy?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 David and Laura

David and Laura
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

Hi girls,

I am looking for beachy, but classy earrings for the wedding (if that makes any sense). I came across this site (which is awesome, by the way) but I can't decide if these earrings are too cheesy. I want my earrings to be my "something blue" so I would probably go with either the topaz or turquoise accent, and the sand dollar top. Let me know what you think.

Gold Resort Earrings - Bangles, Bamboo Bangles, Grosgrain Bangles and Resort Couture from Elizabeth Brady

Thanks!

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:53 PM

how big are they? they might look weird if you wear your hair up, but if your hair is down, they would be okay.

Personally, I wouldn't wear them, but I wanted a very classic bridal look (hence my pearl studs)
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

I wouldn't choose them either, but that is my personal preference... I wear plain studs everyday..

#4 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:03 PM

I think they are totally fine as long as you wear your hair down, or half down. If you want beachy, that's perfect. I like the sand dollar and the starfish (I'm starfish crazy!).

You want your personality to shine through on your wedding day and if you are not a "pearl stud" girl, then don't wear pearl studs, right? :-)

These earrings would also be cute for cocktail events and rehearsal dinner leading up to the wedding ... as well as the honeymoon! :-)

I say go for it!!!

#5 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
        • 1,798 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:04 PM

They wouldn't be my choice. Something more subtle is better.

#6 PVBride

PVBride
          • 443 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:08 PM

I really like the starfish ones (I am a dangly earring girl myself!)

#7 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:10 PM

Yikes, as I said, I do like them ... but what a price tag!!!! $300!!!

#8 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

Wow I would not spend that much on earings!
                Personally I think they look like something you could buy at the mall. I would go for something a bit less flashy.

#9 calyx6

calyx6
                • 160 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:40 PM

Beachy and classy? They have the beachy part down.. And the upscale price tag. But unfortunately, I don't think they fit into an elegant beachy wedding. However, if you're doing a whimsical beach wedding, they might be perfect.

-Vi-
                  Tulum - November 3, 2007

#10 David and Laura

David and Laura
                  • 177 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for your opinions. I thought I might get that kind of a reaction, but was hoping maybe I was wrong. I wear studs everyday so I want something different and fun. I guess these are a little over the top. Thanks for bringing me back into reality. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users