Wedding Dress - How soon did you find your dress?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 jrod07

• Site Supporter
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

I found my dress!  I visited a 4th store. I was not expecting at all to find my dress there and was debating between two Maggie Sottero gowns.  I ended up getting an Allure gown L301 and I really love the way it looks on me.  So to answer your question,  it took visiting 4 stores and trying on about 25 dresses to find the one. 

#12 jaimeLe318

• 59 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:16 PM

jrod -- i googled your dress and it is AMAZING! Congrats! I want a dress with ruffles so bad but out of 6 bridal salons in my area there have only been 2 ruffle dresses. :(

#13 jrod07

• Site Supporter
      • 98 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

Thanks JaimeLe318!  I can't wait till my first try on appointment when my dress comes in.  That'll be in December.  If you really want a dress with ruffles and can't find one in your area, maybe you can consider coming to NYC (not sure how far it is from where you are) for a day and visiting a few bridal shops. 

#14 magirl

• 198 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:51 AM

well is still have over a year and I think I hav efound my dress.. but i wont order it for a while, in case I change my mind and or size

#15 sxcT

• 1,282 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:46 PM

Well I have a whole list of dresses I want to look at.  My wedding is next November.  I was thinking of waiting until January to go try them on but I am so anxious.  Is it ok to go sooner than that?  Are there any rules? LOL  I don't want to end up finding one and then 6 months later finding something else.  I hear too many stories like that.

#16 jaimeLe318

• 59 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

See I felt the same way as you looking for dresses but now that I have started and still can't find one after going to 6+ shops is freaking me out! I don't want to settle for something. I didn't think it would take this long!! I don't think it's too soon because then you can atleast get an idea of what you like and what looks good on you!! Good luck shopping!

#17 islandbride317

• 1,866 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:01 PM

Jaime, that dress is GORGEOUS and if you can already *SEE* yourself getting married in it.....then (IMO), it quite possibly could be THE ONE!!

I made the mistake of being too excited a month after I got engaged, and rushed out to David's Bridal and bought a dress the first day out, after trying on only 5 dresses -- BAD IDEA! 

About a few months later (with the 1st dress and all the accessories for it already in my closet), I was having serious dress-doubts, and then I saw (and fell head-over-heels in love with) a Sottero & Midgley gown online that I could also SEE myself getting married in ( I actually gasped when I saw it)....so I had the sample brought in to a local bridal boutique and I tried it on....and all the stars aligned!   THAT was the day that I 'married' MY actual wedding gown!  (Note:  I later had the 1st dress shortened and wore it to my local reception, so it was actually a win-win overall!)

All I have to say is:  when you KNOW, you KNOW!  GOOD LUCK!   

#18 jaimeLe318

• 59 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:45 AM

islandbride - WOW that worked out perfectly for you!! I did try on the dress but Mom didn't love it and she needs to love my dress as much as I do. I have tried on about 60 gowns already and have liked dresses but nothing special yet. I do think every bride needs to have that "moment" with their dress and I am just waiting for that to happen for me!

#19 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:33 PM

jamieLe - I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I have been to at least eight different stores, which means I've tried on over 100 dresses. I've tried all different kinds of styles of dresses but nothing that I've liked. And certainly nothing "special." I've been shopping in all kinds of different stores in two provinces so far. Last time, I felt like crying because it's so upsetting not finding anything. I'm running out of options, and time.

Congrats to everyone that has found a dress. The only thing I can figure is that I wasn't going to accept just anyone to spend my life with, so why should it be just any dress to start our life together?

#20 Mischaka

• 969 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

Jaime that dress is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users