Wedding Dress - How soon did you find your dress?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 jaimeLe318

• 59 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

I have been to 4 bridal shops where I tried on 10 or more at each and didn't think any of them even came close to being the one. It's very frustrating and scaring me a little bit! I saw a dress in the window at one of the stores I haven't been to (and wasn't planning on going to) and I had a moment with it! I am almost convinced it's going to be the one before I try it on on Tuesday. I checked the size of it and it's my size too. I don't know what I will do if I end up hating it!! I already see myself in this dress on my wedding day.. did any one else have anything like this happen to them ??

Here's the dress......

#2 bizzyangel

• 193 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

Just want to say very pretty dress! Good luck that it's the one!

#3 adcarter41

• 188 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 05:03 PM

If you had that strong of a reaction to it then maybe it's the one. Just wait and see what happens on Tuesday.

#4 BecaJ

• 75 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:01 AM

I love when things like that happen because it makes it feel like it was meant to be. I'm currently how you were, Im worried I'm never going to find 'The' dress!

Good luck for trying it on, hope it's the one! x

#5 bizzyangel

• 193 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

I went to David's Bridal for the second time yesterday and I found my dress! I haven't been to any other stores but I am set on the dress but it's sort out of my price range but I am getting anyway. I will cut and save elsewhere. I already found my TTD for $20 and it needs some alterations.

The first time I went with my grandmom and mom who was looking for a dress to wear on a cruise and I tried on a dress I liked from the website. It was ok and I didn't really care for the petticoat. Then yesterday I went with my daughter (she's 6), mom, grandmom, and sister-in-law.

They loved the first dress I tried on a halter with beading on the straps and very simple light dress. It looked great on but wasn't specifically the one. I tried on a bunch of other ones including the one I tried on before without petticoat. Then another sales lady asked me to describe my dress and she brought it out. I absolutely love the dress. I look Ah-mazing in it and it just makes me feel very special. I also made sure my hair was done before my appointment so it made a million times more better. I didn't purchase my dress, I am going back tomorrow and I am going to take pictures and probably purchase it.

I also am getting the matching dress for my daughter. She looks cute in it. It's obviously not elaborate as mine but the ruffles are the same but hers has straps were as mine is a sweetheart.

#6 Teira1031

• 766 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:45 PM

It's gorgeous! From my experience you'll find THE dress when and where you least expect it! Good luck!

#7 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 05:14 PM

Glad I'm not the only one. I've been shopping at 3 different stores and have probably tried on about 50 dresses. I've looked good in a lot of them, but I haven't even "liked" one of them. Let alone "loved" any dresses. I'm so worried that I might run out of time. I wanted to order a replica dress from Monica Bridal and then hopefully have enough time to find another option if it doesn't turn out. But I can't even pick a dress to order?!?

#8 jrod07

• Site Supporter
                • 98 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

I've been to 3 different stores and tried on at least 20 dresses.  I have one more store I want to visit before I make my final decision. I'm deciding between two Maggie Sottero dresses.

#9 hermosahoops

• 199 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

I did three different days of shopping and tried on over 20 dresses. I was really frustrating because nothing was jumping out at me and I couldn't find anything that felt great. My mom ended up buying me a dress off craigslist and mailing it to me and it fit perfectly. I love it and am so happy my mom was able to help me find a dress. :) Plus it was only $200 for the dress and veil!

This is it on the model. I need to get it hemmed, but other then that, it is perfect. 

dress number 5.jpg

#10 Mahalo79

• 175 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

this dress is gorgeous!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users