No Kids!

I am with you girl! That is one of the reasons that attracted me to my wedding resort, Rockhouse Hotel- no kids under the age of 14!! I have 5 kids and I love them- but by gosh, this is gonna be one day that is about me just a little bit! I don't get much time to myself, and I really don't want to be running around after everybody else's kids on my wedding day... I want to let go and let loose! It's your day, make it what you and FI want it to be...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be scared to post. I have a 1 yr old and although the mexico wedding we went to did not say we couldn't bring him, we though it would be easier to do the trip without him so he stayed with my mom. Now, I can honestly say...that it WAS easier as far as doing things such as excursions and dinners without him...I MISSED him the whole entire time we were there and it was a family friendly resort and wedding group. We, personally, just chose not to bring him. When we got back, I decided never to leave him again so we brought him to my brother's vegas wedding. Yea, we should have brought him to mexico instead of vegas...LOL. Although, it went well in vegas and he was good for the most part...his schedule was so entirely off...that he cried the first 2 mins of the ceremony until my aunt, bless her heart took him outside and let him walk around...I was in the wedding so I couldn't go "handle" my son and my fiance (his dad) ws also in the wedding...i felt so horrible, but thankfully, my brother and sister-in-law were such good sports about it..they didn't care. I could see the looks on HER family's face though from watching the wedding video. You could see that they were wondering if someone was going to do something. LOL. So...it's totally your call. I can see it both ways. For our wedding, we chose a family friendly place since my best friend and our brother and sisters have children and we wanted everyone to be there...mainly because the babysitters that we usually leave our kids with are our parents...who would also be at the wedding...We don't mind having them there...as a matter of fact...we really want our son there...he will probably be 2 by the time we have our wedding so hopefully...he will be over the crying lol

Do your wedding how you dream it to be. Those with kids..will figure out what to do that is best for them...

We are only having some kids at our wedding.  My wedding will be in Mexico so my family from home are allowed to bring their children because I would not expect them to travel without them.  I however have a lot of family in Mexico they will not be allowed to bring children.  My reasoning is I am not very close with my cousins children and there is no reason they would not be able to get babysitters to stay with the kids since they will only be a couple hours from home for the wedding. 

You are not obligated to invite children to your wedding.  Let your guests figure it out.  I stayed home many nights when my parents went to weddings that were adult only.  They just would get a babysitter for me and my siblings.

Well we aren't doing a DW anymore.....even though the distance was only 1.5 hours from here, it just got too complicated. I'm not leaving the site, though. :P I don't know where we're having the wedding now. sad.gif

I realized that my FI's family is giving us JACK for the wedding. No money, and by the looks of it, a lame gift. I don't think if you give someone money for the wedding, they have the right to tell you how to have your wedding, but, this somehow makes it easier to say "tough luck," if they don't like something. So I'm saying no kids, thanks, and that's that. STD and W invitations will be to the actual couple only, and my FI will tell his family informally that there are no children. He'll probably say something like, "So who is looking after the kids while you're here at the wedding?" I think that'll work.

• 3 weeks later...

i know this post is almost a month old! But good for you LMango! I was having that same dilemma about whether or not to invite kids or not. I didn't want people to give me a hard time. But then i spoke to my friends who had kids and told me that they totally understand and they didn't take offense at all if i didn't want kids there. They also told me that they feel that weddings should be adult oriented. So that made me feel better and so the only children allowed to my wedding are my nieces who are the flower girls.

As for how i mentioned it to guests, on the invites where i have the schedule of events, i clearly sate "adults only", and tell them to contact me if they need babysitting services hired for the night or they can feel free to bring their nanny with them if they really want. Then it's stated again on our website and for our RSVP's we only allow them to choose 2 adults max (since we are having them RSVP online). If anyone complains there is nothing i can do to make them happy. I figured if folks do have kids, they probably may want some vacation time with their spouse, so this wedding is a great opportunity for them to take that mini vacation!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having my wedding in Negril at Rockhouse which is also Adults only. My aunt, however, is making it very difficulty, and doesn't get it. She even asked me to make her 9 year old my flower girl....UM, HELLO, if I wanted to do that I would have done it. NO DAMN KIDS. Anyway, I personally told everyone who has kids that this is an adult only affair, and that I'd totally understand if they decided against coming. Big deal, less people= less money. I'm all for it.

I've received an invitation for a Holiday party that started out....

We're having a party, get a babysitter for the kids and join us for an adult only celebration.  You could do something like that?

Sorry to hear about your problems with family/kids, ect.  I hope you will get the wedding YOU want :) Hang in there1