Martoca Beach Garden

ariesgrl

Hi all, I just wanted to put a little note out there to all the bride/groom that are looking for a venue I have found a great location with FANTASTIC service!!!!  The location is Martoca Beach Garden in Bucerias and "The Man" is James Basanez!!! He is absolutely wonderful!!!!  He has ideas that would knock your socks off and he is more than just a vendor, he is a friend!  There is never a time that you cannot get ahold of him, and he is so helpful in every way possible!  Whatever I want/need, he is right there with an answer and a good price ;)  He is the real reason why I choose to have a destination wedding in the first place!  The only people I communicate with is him and his coordinator Laura, they handle the rest from their!  When I first started planning, I was looking into the resorts over a private ground. I figured a resort is easier, they do weddings all the time and what can possibly go wrong!  Well let me tell you with what has gone wrong.  This is what I have experienced with MOST, but not all!  I will send an email and get a response within 24-48hrs, as you start asking more questions and wanting more specific answers the email response becomes delayed by a week or so.  I understand that people are busy but when it becomes a pattern, its unnecessary and frustrating, we can only do so much when were so far away!  The second thing I noticed, I become comfortable with a spokesman then down the road you get an email that the person no longer works their and that someone new will be taking over!  This happened to me at 3 different locations with 3 different people.  Enough said!!! I'm glad I started my research early, my wedding is not until March 2011 but after a stressful 5 months of trying to pick and choose a venue, my mind is now at ease!  The best thing about Martoca is the PRIVACY! That was a big key point for me.  James"Jimmy" is laid back, funny and he gives you that peace of mind that every destination bride is looking for!  If anyone is wanting more information, please feel free to contact me.  I will be more than happy to help out in anyway I can :)  Here is his website to view some photos.http://www.martoca.com/home

Happy Planning :)

Hi, I am planning a wedding for Dec 2011 in Bucerias and like you i wanted to start researching way ahead of the date to find out whats out there. I happened upon this Garden and it looks Amazing! Can you tell me just to rent it out for about 150 guests how much do they usually charge?

Hi there, congrats!  December is right around the corner :)  I am not sure what his facility rental would be for that amount of people.  I am only having 60 guests and its on a wednesday so he really worked with me.  He is very easy going, if you want his contact info let me know!  Let him know I referred you and maybe he can bend some prices :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Erica, I am getting married their in the beginning of march and I also have been in contact with another bride that is getting married this november! She is from Seattle and she has already placed a visit at Martoca.  She had nothing but great things to say about the property, Jimmy and his Chef that he uses.  She will contact me after her wedding to let me know how everything goes.  I will share her comments on here :)

Oh that is great! I can't wait to hear her what she has to say!  Are you using an outside coordinator or having them do everything for you?  I just received an email from Jimmy and he explained you can do either.  Are you planning your wedding without seeing the place or have you been there?  I am having children at my event so the pool there makes me kinda nervous for safety reasons. 

I am putting all the work in his hands!! ;) it makes it easier for me sense I am so far away, plus i have complete faith in him.  He does have a female coordinator by the name of Laura that does more of the "coordination".  I have received a few pictures of the property from a couple of brides that i have been in contact with.  They were lucky enough to view his location before there day, i unfortunately will not make it out there before hand.  He has sent me some really nice photos.  If you would like me to share them with you, I can email them.  I had planned on kids attending as well.  The pool did make me nervous but i would rather them fall into a pool then the ocean :)  my other choice was directly on the beach, his privacy won me over completely!!  I'm sure if you tell him your concerns he might be able to figure something out.  He is very kind and helpful!!!

Hi Erica, I never fully gave my budget to him.  From day one when I got in contact with him he was the closest to my budget.  He does break down the price in a nut shell if you were to ask him to see where the money is going.  He did it for me because that was a concern when he originally quoted me.  Basically once you sign, he will tell you how much you have to go towards each item like flowers, centerpieces ect.  I send him photos of my ideas and he tells me if he can do it at the alloted price or if it will be extra (example $50 towards each centerpiece ect).  I looke into the LC as well, it is beautiful there but I felt there was no room for negotiating.  With Jimmy you can tell him that you dont like something and he can adjust or give you another option.  I was in contact with the resorts before I made my decision and although the price may have been close, Im getting more for my money with him.  Hope this helps.  I will email you early this week with the photos.  I work today until late this evening.  I have tuesday off so if i dont get back with you monday i will on tuesday :)

Thanks for all your help.  I can't wait to make a decision so I can start planning details rather then just choosing a venue.  I can't wait to see your pictures since I wil not be making it out there before hand either.  Hopefully my aunt can check where I pick out for me next month when she is out there for vacation.