Photo

SUNSET JAMAICA GRANDE

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tish

tish
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:12 AM

Well after literally months of research we have finally chosen Sunset Jamaica Grande for our February 2011 Destination wedding!

Not our first choice i must say but since we have a tribe full of children travelling with us and our closest family and friends it seemed like one of the best child friendly resorts! We had first chosen the GBP but realized the costs were double for literally EVERYTHING!

and since this is my second wedding we are footing the bill for it all...

If there are any past or present brides that would like to share info and planning please do, as i see 95% of this site is full or ROR and GBP brides :)

Congrats to everyone & happy planning!!

#2 snow88

snow88
    • 181 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

Congratulations!

#3 Tiffanya21

Tiffanya21
      • 96 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:41 AM

I am getting married here in October 2011. So excited. You will definitely have to post a review when you get back. :)

Since you started planning awhile ago, any updates in regards to your experience with the resort, or the WC?

#4 morgan7

morgan7
        • 219 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:06 AM

Im also getting maried here the week of december 10th 2011. Any updates on your planning would be great.

#5 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
          • 335 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

We stayed here about a year and a half ago and had the best time!  Such a great resort!  It should be especially good for you group of kids with the water trampolines and water slides!

We saw quite a few weddings while we were there and they looked amazing!  I would highly recommend the gazebo over the other area.  It was in this grassy part of the resort and somewhat of an awkward location. 

In terms of the a la cartes you have to go to the grill and say hi to Kevin! Amazing food, great service, and great photography I might add!  I think we ate there 4 of the 7 nights! 

Good luck with the planning!

#6 2012mrstobe

2012mrstobe
            • 164 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

Congratulations!!! I am getting married there in august 2012!

#7 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
              • 423 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:44 AM

Finally! I've found some other brides getting married here!

We're booked for January 4, 2012, doing things a little different, as I've had some issues with the WCs. No Dinner but a catamaran reception organized off-site for our guests.

How is eveyone else experience with the WC? I want to finalize the ceremony but they said they can't really customize it....Doesn't quite make sense to me.

Jamie

#8 morgan7

morgan7
                • 219 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:27 PM

wow a catamaran reception sounds like fun! if you dont mind me asking,how mch does that cost and who did you book with? i havent talked to the WC yet but ill let you know if i have the same issue. maybe she means that you have to make the ceremony adjustments when you get there?

#9 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                  • 423 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:02 AM

We've been working with Melissa Forbes from Island Routes

wow a catamaran reception sounds like fun! if you dont mind me asking,how mch does that cost and who did you book with? i havent talked to the WC yet but ill let you know if i have the same issue. maybe she means that you have to make the ceremony adjustments when you get there?

#10 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
                    • 423 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Hey Ladies!

Just wondering how the planning is going?

Updates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users