** RIU PALACE CABO INFO SHEET 2010 -& 2011 **

Michelle,

A spring wedding NICE smile159.gifBaja Norte wow...did you get pics for it? Can they do a dance floor...I heard that you need to book a open bar for that...did they tell you the same?

I wonder does the cost work out to be $$$ mucho much

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried that people are getting things booked and I haven't been able to get info about each available site to even decide. If other weddings are taking place that day, they may have been able to pick their sites and now limited available.

I love this website for all the info but at this point I am worried about the resort I picked, if they pick who they give their time to, and ignore the others. Cant they just email me info, not cal me or anything, Send a set sheet that they give to everyone.

I want my flowers a specific way so I may order those high end silk flowers "real touch" but want to know what the resort offers in their package first. 

Not even sure what DJ to contact, I really want a set playlist so I dont mind using an ipod but I still need sound system and would like someone to watch and control the setup/ transition of songs.

Can't believe that they think its normal not to contact me until 2 months prior.

It definitely is frustrating, I have asked questions about flowers too and haven't heard. I have heard the weddings go well, so we just have to take comfort in that!!!

Originally Posted by Michey View Post

I'm worried that people are getting things booked and I haven't been able to get info about each available site to even decide. If other weddings are taking place that day, they may have been able to pick their sites and now limited available.

I love this website for all the info but at this point I am worried about the resort I picked, if they pick who they give their time to, and ignore the others. Cant they just email me info, not cal me or anything, Send a set sheet that they give to everyone.

I want my flowers a specific way so I may order those high end silk flowers "real touch" but want to know what the resort offers in their package first. 

Not even sure what DJ to contact, I really want a set playlist so I dont mind using an ipod but I still need sound system and would like someone to watch and control the setup/ transition of songs.

Can't believe that they think its normal not to contact me until 2 months prior.

I finally got info!!

Do you need information on flowers? I  can send you what I got on them.

If do give me your email. This blog isn't great at letting us put attachments.

Crys and her mom gave me all the info from the resort, they are amazing, too kind.  They forwarded me all correspondence and all attachments of prices and options. So anything you need I can send to you.

Michelle

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Michelle,

I am annoyed by the limited of time that I will be able to plan also.  We are getting married on 5-12-12.  What is your date? 

Do you know about how many people you are going to have? Are you going to go with the semi-or private location? 

We are thinking we are going to have between 45-50 people.  I have read so many different blogs talking about what equates to a semi-private event vs. a private one.  Do you know if it is correct to say 50 people and below is semi-private, and above 50 is a private function?  We originally wanted the Baja Norte but then decided it will cost too much to pay per-person especially since we a having a at home reception when we get back.  I am now hoping to have a private event at the steak house but only use the regular menu and not pay per person.  Have you heard of anyone else doing this?

Sorry for all of the questions!

Kary

Kary

Congrats on your engagement!!

I get married on 11/5/11. We will have 35, maybe 40, few people say they are going but not booked yet.  I was told I cant have private b/c not enough people. We are having our ceremony at 4 at the San Jose Gazebo and then most likely the reception on the Steak House terrace from 6:30-11 for $1000, using the menu. Otherwise the english garden or baja norte but that is $500 plus per person plate.

The management used to be more soft on the rules allowing under 60 for private but new boss doesn't allow it. You must have 60 for private event. You can use the terrace of the steak house ($500 8:30-11 or $1000 6:30-11)and still have a dance floor and dj and still use the regular menu. If you use the beach or baja norte its per plate.  If you get 60 you can rent restaurant for $1800.  Keep in mind all the places are very limited with type of drinks, no mixed drinks unless you pay $15 per person. 

Hoped I answered everything, let me know if you need anything else.

Happy planning!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Your wedding is fast approaching! How Exciting!!!! 

I am just a bit confused on the steakhouse.  Is there a balcony (like the Mexican Restaurant) and a terrace on the ground level as well?  Do you have any pictures?  I also want our reception at the steakhouse, just as long as its an open air space. 

I may also be having  blonde moment on the "private" definition as well...If you are paying the $1,000 for the terrace from 6:30-11:00, isn't that considered a "private event"?  Otherwise you would just have a semi-private dinner for free right?  Is it not considered "private" because you are having the regular menu?  What does the $1,000 cover?  Just the location as well as wine, beer and soda?  What a rip off on the $15.00/pp for mixed drinks! We are at an all inclusive!

How far in advance did the wedding coordinator contact you for your choices?  I noticed that you only mentioned the English garden and the baja norte...Is the mexican restaurant taken already?  When you will know for sure if you are confirmed for the steakhouse? 

Sorry for all of the questions, but I am a crazy planner/budgeter and not knowing the details kills me!

Thank you soooo much!

Kary

Hey Crys, I totally missed this post!!

We have a few pics of the baja norte, it's very pretty, and outside. It's pretty much a cement pad so there is lots of room for a dance floor. You do have to pay for an open bar for this , but we are prepared for it. Right now we have 28 booked and my invites went out last week. ( I am hoping no more than 70 because baja norte has a max capacity! ) 

Originally Posted by Crys View Post

Michelle,

A spring wedding NICE smile159.gifBaja Norte wow...did you get pics for it? Can they do a dance floor...I heard that you need to book a open bar for that...did they tell you the same?

I wonder does the cost work out to be $$$ mucho much