** RIU PALACE CABO INFO SHEET 2010 -& 2011 **

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to add another name to your list but can you send me that link

michelle.0279@hotmail.com

I have been trying to get a hold of someone at Riu for 3 weeks. Finally Adriana answered and said we dont contact brides until 2 months prior, but I have seen other brides on this blog have heard from them prior.

My wedding 11/5/11.  I need a few answers just for planning colors and such.

Thanks, 

Michelle

Michelle,

They told me that they are very busy this month dealing with June brides. They haven't been answering many emails this month.

If I can answer any questions let me know... I have had many questions answered before June that may help you

How is your planning coming along Crys? anything new and exciting? We are all confirmed for the wedding , and this week we are working on the guest list ( trying to make it smaller )  We decided that we want it as intimate as possible.  It's the hard part due to the fact that we are not having an AHR when we get home. My fiances sister is having a wedding 3 months after our Cabo wedding , so we don't want to  come home and rain on her parade by having a big celebration. Well I'm off, hope to talk to you soon !

well we have decided to book the entire steak house. we are now working with the DJ organizing music and light set up for decorations.  We decided not to book the open bar as they want an extra 15.00 per person and that does not include blended drinks.  After some research we found out that there already is a bar at the top of the stair case leading to the restaurant so guests will just pop up the stairs if they want something other than what the restaurant serves.

Would like to confirm flowers but Kylene has been too busy to answer emails this month.

Duh...what is AHR stand for?

so are you at the Riu Palace...what dates?

Crys-I'm booking the steakhouse too! Where are you having the DJ? We are renting out the disco, are you doing the same? If so, how did you contact the DJ regarding light set up/decorations?

Originally Posted by Crys View Post

well we have decided to book the entire steak house. we are now working with the DJ organizing music and light set up for decorations.  We decided not to book the open bar as they want an extra 15.00 per person and that does not include blended drinks.  After some research we found out that there already is a bar at the top of the stair case leading to the restaurant so guests will just pop up the stairs if they want something other than what the restaurant serves.

Would like to confirm flowers but Kylene has been too busy to answer emails this month.

Duh...what is AHR stand for?

so are you at the Riu Palace...what dates?

Hey Crys, Good to know everything is coming alongfor you !! HOw exciting . !! AHR = at home reception.

We are booked at the Riu Palace for April 17 at the Gazebo at 4pm , then renting the Baja norte for our reception until 11pm.

I am getting  so excited :)

Keep in touch :)

Hi Jen,

We were going to rent the disco but decided we did not want to be rushed from dinner into the disco...and we also heard that we had to be out of the disco around 11. Could not confirm if we could decorate the disco our way and possibly we would be interupted by the resort staff to set up for their disco for other resort guests to come in at 11.

So that was part of the reason we decided to go with renting the whole restaurant 6:30 - 11 and having our own dance and DJ in the steakhouse. If guests want to continue after that they may join the resort disco at 11.

The resort put me in touch with Cedric who has been awesome letting me know our options with setting up the steakhouse. He sent us pictures with different lighting options for the room and tables ~ very cool ideas.  Would you like his email...or I could frwd you what he sent me?