150 posts!!!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Notlongnow

Notlongnow
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:59 AM

Really?

I thought it was 50 so ive been typing away all day, only to find out i still havent met the requirements to download attachments etc.

Does anyone else feel this is a high number to ask of someone new to the site? Failing that you can pay 30 dollars to buy pass the 150 posts requirement! What!???

#2 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
    • 408 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:04 AM

Yes, I'm sad...I want to download pics!!!  We have the exact same post count (as of right now anyways), so maybe its just the 60 post blues :)

#3 cookiemunchkin

cookiemunchkin
      • 376 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:16 AM

Seems high, but its understandable why that rule exists.  Forums are only useful if people are active on them... so to keep the forum useful, it is kinda necessary to force people to be active -- otherwise people would just join, download whats already there, and this place would become dead!

Once you start posting more though, you'll be so addicted to this site that you'll reach 150 in no time.  After 50 posts or so, it just became a normal habit for me to log on daily and see all the things I'll get to check out once I hit 150 haha.  Almost there :D

Originally Posted by Notlongnow 

Really?

I thought it was 50 so ive been typing away all day, only to find out i still havent met the requirements to download attachments etc.

Does anyone else feel this is a high number to ask of someone new to the site? Failing that you can pay 30 dollars to buy pass the 150 posts requirement! What!???

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin 

Seems high, but its understandable why that rule exists.  Forums are only useful if people are active on them... so to keep the forum useful, it is kinda necessary to force people to be active -- otherwise people would just join, download whats already there, and this place would become dead!

Once you start posting more though, you'll be so addicted to this site that you'll reach 150 in no time.  After 50 posts or so, it just became a normal habit for me to log on daily and see all the things I'll get to check out once I hit 150 haha.  Almost there :D

thank you for explaining this to those that don't seem to get it.

#5 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
          • 408 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

I actually always thought it was to keep "lurkers" from being able to download anyones photos. Sort of to give everyone a sense of security (which is a good reason too!). But never thought about it helping the site stay active for survival! Thanks for sharing.

#6 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
            • 509 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

It doesn't take that long. About three weeks after I joined I was up to 150.

Just post on everything. Even if it is just to say congrats to someone.

#7 adcarter41

adcarter41
              • 188 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:43 AM

It does seem like a lot but I can totally understand why it's necessary. I've got a ways to go!

#8 SKing24

SKing24
                • 265 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:46 AM

I've been trying to hard and only in the 60's...i cant wait to download all the templates in the DIY threads.

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#9 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
                  • 173 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:46 PM

I didnt realise the reason behind it. It might only take 3 weeks but i get married in less than 5 lol

#10 richarsd

richarsd
                    • 331 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:01 PM

I agree 150 is too much. I understand the reason behind it, I agree there needs to be someway to regulate who can access info and who cannot. But I still think 150 is too many. For some of us, it does not take a simple three weeks to get up to 150 posts. I've been a member for several months now and still below 100. Why? Because (silly me) I've actually gone through and read the history of previous posts, getting answers to most of my questions. Therefore, I don't have to repost on things already asked (which, let's be honest, happens a lot). Sure anyone can go to the welcome boards and post 100 or so hellos to everyone and while that's a very friendly thing to do, I would think most people just don't have time. So I know I could just pay the membership fee but I've chosen to just go without the templates instead and create my own. To each their own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users