• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 elisamarie

• 222 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:39 PM

Congrats! Have fun planning and enjoy the site!

Getting married at Playa Pesquero! - 35 booked!!

#12 KSPrincess

• 83 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

I received from info from the RIU, but i have to say so far the MELIA WC has been much quicker to respond with more detailed information, and seems to be a better value. 

~*Ben's Babe*~

#13 JanineA

• 2,482 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Welcome to the forum and happy planning!

#14 murphie310

• 30 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

My family and I vacationed at the Riu Santa Fe and loved it!  I sent my best friend there and she had a blast! One of my co-workers, who is 80 years old, just came back from the Santa Fe yesterday, on my recommendation and she loved it too!  This is why we are having our wedding there in Oct 2011. 

It is a more casual environment than the Palace, more laid back and more fun.  You can go over to the Place to check it out but you won't be able to use their amenities if you are staying at the Santa Fe.  I have heard that the WC can be tricky to get a hold of but I have heard that about other hotels as well.  If your family is picky give them the option of staying at either hotel, but I do know that the Santa Fe is cheaper all around if you are at all being budget conscience for your guests. 

We are going there in the spring to check everything out, since my fianc© has never been.  We are taking our parents too so they can be involved before the big day.  We are expecting a large number of guests and the Santa seems to be very accommodating, so says our travel agent! 

Hope that helps!!

#15 Future_Mrs._Warren

• 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:50 PM

Congrats and Welcome!!

#16 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
            • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:15 PM

Welcome to this great forum, here you´ll find the information you are looking for.In my opinion much better Palace. Congratulations on your wedding!!

#17 JenK

• 302 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

I'm trying to decide the same thing so thanks for starting this thread! I think Riu Palace is considered half a star higher than Santa Fe. But I have heard both are good. I'm leaning towards the palace as well, for the same reason you listed above-that guests can use both resorts if you stay at the palace. I heard the santa fe is a bit more lively so at first I wanted to go there because I have quite a few friends that like to 'partay'. After thinking about it, I am wondering if my older guests would like the quieter atmosphere at the palace and us young ones can still go over to santa fe to the bars at night if it is too quiet at the palace. Anyways, good luck with your decision, keep me posted with what you decide!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users