Photo

Groomsmen dress shirts to match bridesmaid dresses?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Missie43085

Missie43085
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:14 PM

Does anyone know of any stores/websites that sell bridesmaid dresses and matching mens shirts? Has anyone done this for their wedding?

#2 HazelsMelody

HazelsMelody
    • 169 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:27 AM

That's a cute idea. My fiancĀ© wants his best man to have a similar shirt to his, but my sister (maid of honour) refuses to wear a dress, which is fine by me, so I want her to wear a shirt that will match my daughters' junior bridesmaid dresses.

And when my best guy friend was going to stand up for (which he isn't now) I was going to have him wear a coloured shirt instead of what the guy's side is wearing.

Iberostar Varadero
      25 March 2011
      Bride & Groom and kids + 20 booked.

#3 Missie43085

Missie43085
      • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

I was thinking of having my fiance in a white shirt and khakis and having the groomsmen in khakis and shirts to match the bridesmaids.  I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and have the bridesmaid dresses ordered and then start shopping around at mens stores for shirts that match or come close.... It would be neat if there was a store or website that sold both dresses and shirts in the same color.

#4 CSandCK2

CSandCK2
        • 563 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

if you find one of those stores, please let me know as I'd love to do the same

#5 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
          • 710 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

Yes, Please advise because I want to match the guys shirts with the girls dresses too.

#6 Teira1031

Teira1031
            • 766 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

You should be able to takethe BM dress to a tux rental shop and matchthe color pretty well

#7 ModernTailor

ModernTailor
              • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

Hi Missie, not sure if this is too late but i hope it'll help. If you have a look at http://moderntailor.com - you can see a thousand fabrics that I am sure can help you match any bridemaids' dress color. What's great is that you can enter the measurements of your groomsmen and make a tailored fit shirt for them - great way to make them look really clean and snappy! We've got a facebook page if you are interested in joining http://www.facebook.com/moderntailor

Originally Posted by Missie43085 

Does anyone know of any stores/websites that sell bridesmaid dresses and matching mens shirts? Has anyone done this for their wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users