Photo

severe stomach cramps

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 PlayaNovia

PlayaNovia
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:38 PM

Self-diagnosis or comparing your symptoms to others is not the best way to go. If you have severe stomach pain, see a doctor (preferably a gastroenterologist) and have tests done to see what the root of the problem is.

I sometimes experiernce gut pain as well (weak stomach in general, plus I am lactose intolerant and wheat intolerant). I control my stomach issues with a proper diet and herbal supplements + acupuncture. I'm not one to medicate myself for pain, but realize everyone is different. Pain is the body's indicator that something is wrong. Taking meds (vicodin, muscle relaxers, etc.) is only a temporary fix; not to mention strong pain-killers can be damaging to other vital organs like your liver and kidneys.

If your stomach problems persist after a recent trip to a foreign country, SEE A DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY. You could have a parasite or other micro-organism that is making you ill.

Be well... :)
    Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
    --Robert Frost

#42 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Waiting_for_Sunshine
      Ya no kidding because I have the worst over active imagination. I always think "horrible cramps- I hope it's not cancer!!"

Or you know, "What's that noise? I hope it's not a guy standing the living room with a gun. Honey, go check." I need to stop watching Lifetime or the WE channel.

This thread actually makes me feel better....or more normal.
      that is funny! i do the same sort of stuff. like "oh, what was that noise? do you think it's that crazy neighbor creeping around outside?!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users