Photo

My wedding hula

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bridetov

bridetov
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

As a wedding gift for hubs- I performed a surprise wedding hula dance for him at our reception in Maui. I took lessons on the sly for months (he had NO idea!). Despite tripping over my (too long dress) the entire dance, hubs said it was the best gift he'd ever received. I'm so proud that I actually went through with it because 1) I'm *not* a dancer and 2) I have insane stage freight. And it's really cool that we have this memory to look back on. Hubs still talks about it daily- and now calls me his "hula" girl :) 

I didn't have a videographer- but my dad caught part of it on his video camera. It turned out SO dark that you could barely see anything. Luckily, I have a cousin in the film editing world that was able to lighten it up for me. So, without further ado-- here it is (be gentle ladies-- like I said, I'm NOT a dancer) :) 

Click here --->  http://vimeo.com/14349083

#2 hawaiianprincess

hawaiianprincess
    • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:36 PM

Oh Wow, soooooooooooooooo super cool.  :)

#3 Thomasjsgirl

Thomasjsgirl
      • 1,098 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:48 PM

You're looking pretty good for someone who's not a dancer! What a beautiful and romantic gesture that your husband will never forget. And what a war for you to conquer your fears!

Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
        Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
        http://bestdestinati....24-08-a-35102/
        Leftover Wedding Items FS:
        http://bestdestinati....g-stuff-56124/

#4 Patti

Patti
        • 555 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 04:54 PM

You looked great.  Good job!!

#5 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:59 AM

wow you did an amazing job!

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#6 AishaB

AishaB
            • 2,350 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

That was just wonderful. A beautiful symbolic display on your day. Congratulations!

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#7 bridetov

bridetov
              • 76 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

Thanks ladies! I was so excited when I thought of the idea! But then... the reality of it all sank in. :)  My dance instructor was incredible though. She actually did the same dance for her husband at her wedding (they weren't married in Hawaii though). It was a dream come true to have someone so patient and FUN to work with. 

And hubs just LOVED it! He never wants anything (so hard to buy for) so doing something heartfelt and special was totally the way to go. 

And... I'm really proud of myself that I made it through. Stupid dress was WAY too long, grrrr! My mom was BAWLING after I finished. She knows my insane fear of getting in front of people and she was so proud of me. That too, was really touching. 

So my advice to all you brides to be- think outside the box when getting your husband a wedding gift!! 

#8 MRSDB2B

MRSDB2B
                • 38 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:18 AM

This is such a unique and and special idea. well done you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users