77 replies to this topic

#11 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by twinkletoes
    I picked mine for the same reason as yours. Only my date is 8-8-08 (too bad I cant get married at 8pm) lol
    You could get married at 8pm if you want...that would be cool! You coul do pics ahead of time so you will still have sunset...then you can do everythhing backward...you can do cocktail hour early, dinner and then ceremony and then dancing!!!!

#12 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:00 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by michelle08
      You could get married at 8pm if you want...that would be cool! You coul do pics ahead of time so you will still have sunset...then you can do everythhing backward...you can do cocktail hour early, dinner and then ceremony and then dancing!!!!
      We picked 5/26 just because it worked. I would have liked 2/15 because it would be our 5 yr anniversary but it was too soon we thought for people to fork over the money and travel. Then I would have liked 3/16 because that's when we got engaged but it's about the spring time time and I didn't want that. So we thought summer. We thought the first week in june because maybe not as hot yet and the start of the cheaper rates. But schedules conflicted and we set on 5/26!!!!

Wow!! Who thought a date would be so hard!! :)

#13 TracyK

TracyK
      • 206 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:07 AM

I picked other. It was mainly because we like to start our winter travels in November, also the resorts seem to be less crowded. The resort actually had quite a few days available to have the ceremony so the 15th just seemed the easiest to remember!

#14 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

We picked November 2008 for a bunch of reasons.

1. wanted a long engagement/lots of time to plan (& loose weight!)
          2. more affordable for guests
          3. not too close to any holidays
          4. weather in mexico during that time

#15 PaulaV

PaulaV
          • VIP Member
          • 2,813 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:35 AM

I have a thing about even numbers...

#16 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:56 AM

We picked May 10, 2008 becuase it was the only month (and weekend) that didn't seem to have another wedding or graduation or other. Plus it is Mother's Day weekend (May 10th in Mexico and May 11th in the US) and we wanted to have a special brunch on Sunday in our mothers' honor. Also, it is not too close to the Christmas and New Year's holidays. But it did take us a while to decide on that date!!

#17 NYJen

NYJen
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:01 AM

Our wedding date is actually our 10 year anniversary. We were set up on a blind date on April 6th, 1998 and we're getting married on April 6th, 2008.

#18 JessicaM

JessicaM
                • Vendor
                • 1,969 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:32 AM

We picked 6/14/08 because it will be our 7th anniversary and it happens to fall on a saturday and my FI and I will be done with school and teaching by then.

#19 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

At first we picked 07-28-07 because we got tired of everyone nagging and bothering us about wedding LOL.
                    Then I realized the week of the wedding that 07-28 is our date anniversary....lol...I guess I'm going to be the one forgetting the anniversary date. lol

#20 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                    • VIP Member
                    • 4,791 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:41 AM

We chose our date (Memorial Weekend, '09) because it falls on a Holiday weekend and that way people will only have to take off a day or two from work/school. The year we chose because A) We didn't want to take away from Martin's older brother's wedding (March of '0 and B) We'll be completely finished with school by then

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                      "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users