*Post all your Wedding Insurance / Travel Insurance Info and Questions here*

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#81 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:16 PM

It can seem like a bit much, but in the end it seems worth it, God forbid you should ever need it ya know?

#82 boarder_gal4

• 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:20 PM

thanks for all the feed back :), i know i wont cheap out just in case something does happen!! better to be safe then sorry

#83 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

Ours was $60 per person and included luggage loss/theft, trip cancellation/interruption, medical and legal coverage. I'm really glad we didn't need to use it, but wanted it just in case. Not every guess chose the insurance.

We carried all of out OOT bag stuff, wedding decor, etc. with us. If we lost any of it, it would have been well over the $120 to replace it, KWIM?

#84 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

to the forum! Best of luck with your planning!

#85 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 08:15 AM

Just happened to be watching the new this morning and saw that the 3rd largest British travel operator XL filed for bankruptcy yesterday and the media is reporting 85,000 passengers stranded. It's scary stuff and just another reminder why trip insurance and the use of a TA can be helpful. They are saying more airline bankruptcies are expected (Zoom went under here in Canada last month).

Here's some info on XL:

Holiday firm XL faces bankruptcy | Reuters

Tour operator XL goes into bankruptcy - MarketWatch

Holidays at risk as more airlines face bankruptcy

I really hope that no BDW couples have been affected by this.

#86 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
            • 11,659 posts
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 13 September 2008 - 12:21 PM

also, i always use a cc to make travel purchases and recommend clients do as well. alot of times if a company goes bankrupt the credit card will cover the charge.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
            Awards and recognition: 
            Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
            Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
            Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
            sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
            Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#87 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:41 AM

I did some research on the provisions offered by having wedding insurance, however, while it sounds comforting for some unforeseen mishaps on your wedding day, I am not sure it is a critical component. Anyone here purchase the insurance and what did it cover? I have a special needs son so I am trying to think ahead in case he gets sick and I have to cancel God forbid, I will be covered with the costs we have already put out. Input definitely welcome!

#88 Mel&B

• 613 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:05 AM

I do have it! My mom elected to purchase the insurance. I don't know the details of the policy, though.

#89 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:07 AM

Yep its a must especially if there is the remotest chance you will have to cancel. Mine was only £26 and it covers the forces which is handy with FI being in the army.

You can get it pretty cheap if you shop about but i would certainly get it

#90 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:24 AM

It's a must.... we had everyone book back in Jan for everything with our wedding coming up in less than 20 days ... we have had over 10 people get their money back and cancel coming to the wedding.. for only 100 bucks .. worth it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users