Photo

*Post all your Wedding Insurance / Travel Insurance Info and Questions here*

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#41 lizcolgin

lizcolgin
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:20 AM

Thank you so much for sending me these! This is great! I am still new to this and I am learning how to access all of the different information. There is so much but I love it!

Kelley

#42 AmandaR

AmandaR
    • 241 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

We went ahead and purchased travel insurance for our May 08 wedding. We purchased mainly in case one of us gets sick or is unable to travel. Fingers crossed that it won't be put to use!

Amanda

#43 Copita

Copita
      • 979 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

I STRONGLY recommend getting traveler's insurance. I get it everytime I go on vacation and my main example for this is one year we went to the Caribbean and got stranded for four more days there due to Hurricane Katrina. NOBODY was able to leave the island. You just never know.
        We were completely reimbursed, too.

#44 cabobridey

cabobridey
        • 141 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

You HAVE to get travel insurance. i am a travel agent, and have heared so many horror stories involving uninsured travellers. it is a small price to pay for your peace of mind!

#45 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:49 AM

I would strongly recommend it, even if it is just for you and your bridal party. Our resort doesn't accept shipments of any kind so we have to bring everything down with us. The lost luggage coverage is worth it! Our insurance is only $60 per person.

#46 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

how did you get travel insurance? like what company did you go through erin? i am so ignorant about travel/wedding insurance but after what just happened to alyssa with the ranch shutting down permanently, i think we should get it.

#47 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:58 AM

It was the company our TA uses. I think it is Trip Mate? Here is the link to our coverage:

NWA WorldVacations, Travel Protection Plan as of 07/07

#48 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
              • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

ya. i really recommend getting insuanrance. a lot of couples will get insurance for me as well incase something happens. its worth it when you consider how much you are spending on all this and incase the weather should turn or someone gets sick or you have to post pone its a worth it :)

#49 pryzeless

pryzeless
                • 614 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

if you go to insuremytrip.com you can get many different quotes. we like travelex. They reimbursed us for medical bills no problem.

#50 Copita

Copita
                  • 979 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:13 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Maura
                    how did you get travel insurance? like what company did you go through erin? i am so ignorant about travel/wedding insurance but after what just happened to alyssa with the ranch shutting down permanently, i think we should get it.
                    Maura,

Just ask your travel agent. Each one will offer them individually per the agency. :) Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users