• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#141 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:48 AM

Your best bet is to ask your travel agent which policy that they would recommend for you. There are a lot of companies out there that offer insurance!

Policies vary widely, some will cover more adventurous activities -others just the low basics. Pricing will increase with coverage. I always recommed taking a third party insurance as opposed to buying direct from the supplier ( you get greater protection if that supplier goes bankrupt-of course it depends on the policy)!

I'd say for the small investment it's worth it if something goes wrong- like I tell my clients- I hope it was a waste of money but if you need it you'll find it was the best investment you ever made!

#142 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
    • 929 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

After dealing with the swine flu & having to cancel our wedding in Mexico, we will NEVER plan another trip without purchasing trip insurance. You just never know what might happen (I mean come on, who thought that something called the swine flu could ruin a wedding :) I think it cost around $70 pp & ultimately it is worth the cost, even if just for some peace of mind.

#143 Brenners

Brenners
      • 807 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

Very true. I had never even heard of swine flu before this year so you just never know what may happen. Thanks for all the great advice. :)

#144 pebbles

pebbles
        • 54 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 01:47 PM

I had no clue...thanks for posting this message!

Sabrina

#145 amyschmidt85

amyschmidt85
          • 29 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:28 PM

I had no clue about wedding insurance. It's something I'm definitely going to consider escpecially with the H1N1 virus suppose to be coming back this fall and affecting 1/3 of the population. Thank you so much for the info!

Attached Files

#146 candicemarie

candicemarie
            • 271 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:54 PM

Thank you! I didn't even think of something like that. I did hear about buy supplemental travel health insurance (if your work insurance isn't that great like mine). I'm looking into that right now and will add this to the list,too!

#147 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
              • 547 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 06:03 PM

Can anyone tell me exactly what cancellation insurance covers? Some of my guests do not want to purchase it because they know we won't cancel our trip, but I'm worried about unforeseen events that would cause us problems, and then people might lose their money.

Thanks!!!

*~*JENN*~*

#148 amandalsu

amandalsu
                • 122 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

Cancel for any reason insurance must be purchased within 10 days of the 1st payment made for any portion of your trip. This is the only insurance that will cover things like a cancelled wedding (or let's say moved wedding), swine flu, etc. It also covers medical evacuation and things like that. There is travel insurance that will cover things like illness or death in the family that may cause you to need to cancel your trip but it will only cover the person affected, not all the guests. I got insurance for mine during the swine flu scare in May because I was trying to get insurance for a trip I had planned to PV then. I had booked the airfare too far in advance so I couldn't get it for that trip but was able to get it for the wedding trip. I used insuremytrip.com. They give comparisson rates. Hope that helps.

#149 NaM

NaM
                  • 2,256 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

I think they all work a bit differently depending on what you buy. Not sure about that though. I would DEFINITELY get some kind of insurance though...you never know what may happen.

#150 lizzyl875

lizzyl875
                    • 153 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 03:06 PM

Hello,
                      I'm just in the very beginning phases of my wedding planning and i'm wondering if I should purchase wedding insurance? Also, i would like to know if anybody has had good or bad experiences and with what companies. I'm getting married in Maui next summer and will have my honeymoon in Greece. Since it's still 10 months away, I just want to be prepared as i'm starting to put down deposits etc. Thanks in advance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users