Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LISVITAL

*Post all your Wedding Insurance / Travel Insurance Info and Questions here*

Recommended Posts

I think it's worth looking into. I know that I've purchased travel insurance, just in case. As my wedding package is part of my stay at the resort, I think that should cover it. If you're paying for your trip and the wedding separately, then it's probably a good idea to price wedding insurance as well as travel insurance so that you're fully covered. You never know what could happen, especially with a destination wedding where you have to travel to the venue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am planning on doing a free wedding and only paying for extras; these extras don't get charged until we leave the hotel and then it is charged to our room. Therefore, nothing is really paid in advance so in the event something happened and the wedding was cancelled I will have lost nothing (except maybe the $100 deposit for the wedding which would probably be applied to our stay there anyway). Travel insurance should reinburse the cost of travel.

 

If wedding insurance reinburses for cost of other things like wedding attire, legal documentation fees, and rings, then maybe it is worth looking into. Otherwise, for me, it doesn't seem that essential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyl875 View Post
Hello,
I'm just in the very beginning phases of my wedding planning and i'm wondering if I should purchase wedding insurance? Also, i would like to know if anybody has had good or bad experiences and with what companies. I'm getting married in Maui next summer and will have my honeymoon in Greece. Since it's still 10 months away, I just want to be prepared as i'm starting to put down deposits etc. Thanks in advance.


Forgive me for my ignorance...what's wedding insurance -- and who sells it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAKLIT View Post
Forgive me for my ignorance...what's wedding insurance -- and who sells it?
Wedding insurance is basically insurance that reinburses you for your wedding expenses in the event that it has to be cancelled; that way, you don't just lose tens of thousands of dollars. I am not sure who offers it; I would have to do a google search to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNM View Post
Wedding insurance is basically insurance that reinburses you for your wedding expenses in the event that it has to be cancelled; that way, you don't just lose tens of thousands of dollars. I am not sure who offers it; I would have to do a google search to figure it out.
Thanks, I'll research it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually purchased wedding insurance and thankfully didn't need it. Mine would have covered not only the travel aspect, but any costs I put out prior to the wedding - attire, photographer deposit, etc. It also covers if the rings are lost. Or if the dress is lost.

 

I got mine through WedSafe. Travelers also has a policy. WedSafe's website is: Wedding Insurance - Cancellation and Liability - WedSafe

 

Also, there are two other threads to check out:

 

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...portant-47722/

 

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ce-must-30949/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaica0619 View Post
Mine would have covered not only the travel aspect, but any costs I put out prior to the wedding - attire, photographer deposit, etc. It also covers if the rings are lost. Or if the dress is lost.
Really Jamaic0619? Well if it covered your wedding and your travel, then maybe that is better than getting travel alone. I shall peruse those links. Thanks a lot :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaica0619 View Post
I actually purchased wedding insurance and thankfully didn't need it. Mine would have covered not only the travel aspect, but any costs I put out prior to the wedding - attire, photographer deposit, etc. It also covers if the rings are lost. Or if the dress is lost.

I got mine through WedSafe. Travelers also has a policy. WedSafe's website is: Wedding Insurance - Cancellation and Liability - WedSafe

Also, there are two other threads to check out:

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...portant-47722/

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/fo...ce-must-30949/
Good Info!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×