Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Bride- WEDDING DATE CONFIRMED!!! Whats next???

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Jamaica Jenn

Jamaica Jenn
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 03:50 PM

Ok - weird question - speeches during dinner (which is not private) or at the disco after (which is booked and private)? Please list your vote!

#32 blingbling

blingbling
    • 11 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jamaica Jenn 

Ok - weird question - speeches during dinner (which is not private) or at the disco after (which is booked and private)? Please list your vote!

Does your group drink?  If so, it might be a good idea to get the speeches out of the way at dinner.  If you wait for the disco party, you might have some slurred speeches! teehee. Who cares if it's not private - I don't think the other guests will mind hearing about how wonderful you and your groom are :) 

#33 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
      • 87 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:17 AM

I go with dinner. Since there will not be any music, why not have the entertainment of speeches. You shouldn't even worry about the other guest at dinner. I'm glad you asked this. Now thats 1 more thing off of my check list.

#34 Jamaica Jenn

Jamaica Jenn
        • 49 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 05:58 AM

Thank you - my FI voted for dinner too since the best man is super nervous and wants to get it out of the way. We leave in 4 days!

#35 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
          • 87 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jamaica Jenn 

Thank you - my FI voted for dinner too since the best man is super nervous and wants to get it out of the way. We leave in 4 days!

So excited for you Jamaica Jenn! Have a safe trip. I know your wedding is going to be AWESOME. Are you doing a planning thread before you leave? Please:)

#36 Ariel

Ariel
            • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:23 AM

Did  you use a travel agent to help with the bookings?

#37 pintsize1

pintsize1
              • 165 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:25 AM

Hi All!

I've been going through the same thing now.  I just confirmed for Aug. 2011.  So now I'm trying to get the air and hotel rates figured out.  I've been checking frequently online (eg Expedia) and the packages seem to be the best way to go.  The rates for the rooms alone are ridiculous.  The air is not bad ($330/person from NJ).  The average package rate for the Suites are about $900/person for 3 nights for air and hotel.  Grand is $1000 and Beach is $800.  So about $100 difference btw. the 3.  I also been working with a destination travel agent who will be giving me some lower room rates.  For now, that's all I have.   If anyone else has anything to share it would be so greatly appreciated.  Thank you!  Happy Planning! 

#38 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                • 594 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 04:27 PM

Your quotes are just about what I've rec'd for the suites plus air fare. I doubt it'll get cheaper, considering 2011 is right around the corner. We're going to book our air fare soon before it increases and hopefully our guests will do the same. Then we'll book our rooms etc.

Originally Posted by pintsize1 

Hi All!

I've been going through the same thing now.  I just confirmed for Aug. 2011.  So now I'm trying to get the air and hotel rates figured out.  I've been checking frequently online (eg Expedia) and the packages seem to be the best way to go.  The rates for the rooms alone are ridiculous.  The air is not bad ($330/person from NJ).  The average package rate for the Suites are about $900/person for 3 nights for air and hotel.  Grand is $1000 and Beach is $800.  So about $100 difference btw. the 3.  I also been working with a destination travel agent who will be giving me some lower room rates.  For now, that's all I have.   If anyone else has anything to share it would be so greatly appreciated.  Thank you!  Happy Planning! 

#39 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                  • 359 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Guys time is flying by so fast! Wow I am so excited and cannot wait til November comes. Planning has its ups and downs, but I am tryna do everything early so I am not last minute planning with work!

#40 tross84

tross84
                    • Banned
                    • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

great thread...will check for updates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users